Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
first thing you need to do is check the anti-counterfeit code.

more information:
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Anti-counterfeit_code

if your card is reported as being real then you should read up on the contact issue. unfortunately it is a flaw with the ak2i design that causes issues for pretty much everyone.

more information on it and how to fix it:
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Solving_Acekard_2i_Contact_Issues

-another world

vaibzzz123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
first thing you need to do is check the anti-counterfeit code.

more information:
http://wiki.gbatemp....ounterfeit_code

if your card is reported as being real then you should read up on the contact issue. unfortunately it is a flaw with the ak2i design that causes issues for pretty much everyone.

more information on it and how to fix it:
http://wiki.gbatemp...._Contact_Issues

-another world

Yeah, i checked if it was a counterfeit, and it wasn't. I read stuff about the "paper trick", but that only got my Acekard stuck in the Cartridge, and i just spent 15 minutes taking it out. I tried tha paper trick underneath the PCB Contacts, the one where you put it on the sticker side, and both combined, but nothing happened. Please help :(

vaibzzz123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK, I started really thin too, but I'll see how it goes. BTW, I used my NSMB cart as a reference to compare to the Acekard, and noticed the contacts are really low comparing to the NSMB cart. I tried using paper just below that but it's not working and some paper got stuck (which I basically had to pry open the Acekard to get it out), even when very thin.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I started really thin too, but I'll see how it goes. BTW, I used my NSMB cart as a reference to compare to the Acekard, and noticed the contacts are really low comparing to the NSMB cart. I tried using paper just below that but it's not working and some paper got stuck (which I basically had to pry open the Acekard to get it out), even when very thin.

Wait.... Where are you putting the paper...?

vaibzzz123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Wait.... Where are you putting the paper...?

See this image http://www.themolehole.eclipse.co.uk/ak2_guide/IMG_3220.JPG I'm putting it in there

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I do it a bit differently, use like envelope paper thickess paper but dont cut it just to go under the pins, make it cover the back of the card and fold over under the pins; Get what I mean?

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol sorry I don't got my 3DS with me um cut the paper to be the size of the cart but on the bottom have enough to fold over from the bottom and put the little extra under the pins, get that >.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Not really, can you make a picture of it and show?

15_ak_contact_ak-inserted-paper.gif

16_ak_contact_repost-ak_and_paper_for_dsixl.jpg

07_ak_contact_repost_ak-inserted-animated.gif

-another world

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i've never heard of a 2.1 having a contact issue. check that you don't have a bent pin in your ds lite slot.

you don't see it on the nds firmware as a bootable cart? or you boot it and other things happen?

-another world

vaibzzz123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i've never heard of a 2.1 having a contact issue. check that you don't have a bent pin in your ds lite slot.

you don't see it on the nds firmware as a bootable cart? or you boot it and other things happen?

-another world

I just don't see it at all, and my nds boots any other commercial game just fine. idk :/ should I send it back and ask them to fix it?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
as i said, i haven't heard of a 2.1 having a contact issue. i suppose that it isn't out of the question, i just don't think it would happen out of the box. i would suggest you contact your reseller and ask for a replacement. it is obvious that something is wrong with the card, as you stated that commercial games are working just fine.

-another world

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well idk bout canada but one i think RHS is in NJ (I live in VA) and I got my DSTWO on monday last week (ordered friday and took 3 business days first class USPS)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch