Real time save help

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by Itach, Mar 31, 2009.

Mar 31, 2009

Real time save help by Itach at 3:26 AM (840 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Itach
    OP

Newcomer Itach Member

United States
    I saw it in the in game menu but it wouldnt let me get to it so how do I enable it?

2. Porkdish

Member Porkdish GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Press and hold SELECT while pressing A to start a file/rom/app from the cyclo menu.

If you did it right it will take a short while to write the RTS save file to the disk and you will see a message saying the RTS is enabled. When you see that message you can let go of select.

You can use the enhanced menu to save to your RTS file from then on. To disable RTS just delete the file from your SD card. Each game you enable for RTS has its own extra real time save file (around 4 megabytes each).

The next time you start the game/rom/app just start it as normal. You only need to use SELECT to create the real time save for each game.

On a similar note, if you have a GBA slot 2 device, in order to force load any GBA rom into NOR ram, use SELECT in the same fasion. Hold it down to get the message to pick which method to load the GBA rom. By default the cyclo will just load roms under 16 megs to SRAM and bigger ones to NOR.

3. Zaraf

Member Zaraf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    After you've enabled the real time save, how do you use it in-game? Thanks

4. ComplicatioN

Member ComplicatioN Broken Barriers

Australia
    i think you hold down all buttons except for start and select and press save

5. LFF

Newcomer LFF Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Yeah, hold the shoulder buttons and press ABXY all at once to open the Enhanced menu during a game and then select 'Real time Save'.