Real pics of the 3DS slide pad + Pink 3DS

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sora de Eclaune said:
Does this mean that the 3DS will be getting a Katamari Damacy game soon?
I wish, but has Nintendo ever had a Katamari title? I'm pretty sure they haven't.

That said, they're not exclusive to Sony anymore as one or some of their most recent releases have been on the 360, so we'll see.

mechagouki

Kill 'em all...
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
machomuu said:
Sora de Eclaune said:
Does this mean that the 3DS will be getting a Katamari Damacy game soon?
I wish, but has Nintendo ever had a Katamari title? I'm pretty sure they haven't.

That said, they're not exclusive to Sony anymore as one or some of their most recent releases have been on the 360, so we'll see.

Katamari doesn't need two analog sticks anyway, I play the PSP one with no problems using the buttons.

The add-on really does look like a cheap 3rd party device, like one of those grips for the GBA SP. It kind of reminds me of the early 1990s when SEGA seemed to release another bolt-on POC peripheral every other month. Hopefully Nintendo will be swayed by public opinion and redesign before launch, at least make it match the 3DS styling. I des remind me a bit of those CapCom fighting controllers for the SNES. I owned a couple.They sucked too.

capcomsoldierpad.jpg

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Guild McCommunist said:
SpaceJump said:
Ugh, really. Are we that far that someone who likes something by Nintendo is automatically a fanboy. If it's growing on him and others, that should be fine. No negativity needed...

I've seen KingVamp's posts for the past oh-so-many months and I don't need Captain Obvious slapping me in the face with a trout to tell me what's clearly obvious.

Fact is so many people will forget that Nintendo are essentially shooting themselves in the foot with this and the fact that it's an ugly, clumsy peripheral compensating for a problem they either created or could've fixed at launch. You're paying for their mistakes or ignorance. But it's Nintendo so they can do no wrong.
Fact? You are funny
laugh.gif
Just because you say so doesn't make it fact.

There are two sides of the story and I see more and more people actually liking it. And it's optional!

So there are two options for 3DS owners:
1. One slide pad is not enough for you? Then buy the 2nd one.
2. You don't need the 2nd slider because you think all works fine with one and there's no problem? Camera control with touch screen is fine for you? Then don't buy it, it's not mandatory.

So there's no betrayal by Nintendo or whatever because it's an optional device.

My opinion on the slide pad: I too think it's ugly and I don't plan to buy it cause I think it's not worth 20 bucks. Controlling the camera with touch screen is fine for me. But although I don't like it I don't damn it. It's a good thing for those dying for a 2nd slide pad. So again, no need for negativity and no need to call some fanboy because they like it
wink.gif

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Some people are reporting that the ZL and ZR shoulder buttons might be analog-based (kinda like what the GC controller has).

As far as this whole business of Nintendo shooting themselves in the foot because they didn't add it at launch, there is more to it than people think. For one, Nintendo doesn't make everything for their devices. What they don't make, they purchase from other companies in bulk. With this, Nintendo designs their devices around the components they purchase with the components they make themselves. The 2nd slider pad, as people continually say, could have been placed on the lower-right corner, below the face buttons. The fact that there is no available depth inside the unit for it makes people think they might as well made the handheld bigger to accommodate that. So what if they did, and how much bigger? The overall handheld would be bigger, but because many components, such as the screen, are not made by Nintendo, those won't change in size unless those companies had originally designed them bigger for mass production (since such manufacturing is based on the assembly-line system). For something like the screens, bigger usually means it costs more. So, either the handheld would be bigger with components staying the same size, or everything is expanded which would raise the cost of the device as a whole.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
SpaceJump said:
Ugh, really. Are we that far that someone who likes something by Nintendo is automatically a fanboy. If it's growing on him and others, that should be fine. No negativity needed...

I've seen KingVamp's posts for the past oh-so-many months and I don't need Captain Obvious slapping me in the face with a trout to tell me what's clearly obvious.

Fact is so many people will forget that Nintendo are essentially shooting themselves in the foot with this and the fact that it's an ugly, clumsy peripheral compensating for a problem they either created or could've fixed at launch. You're paying for their mistakes or ignorance. But it's Nintendo so they can do no wrong.
While I can't say whether I agree or disagree with you...I can't in good conscience say let you say it's fact or ignorant. Even if it may seem extremely ugly or clumsy, they are still opinion and can't really be judged factually (well, we as humans can't anyway). Moreover, ignorance is not knowing something, I don't really know what you're saying they're ignorant about, but likely the word does not apply. Ignorance is a word misused far more than any word I can think of, even "ironic".

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
RoMee said:
even though most people say they hate it, they'll still end up buying it.
a second analog adds a lot to gameplay
I disagree, there are very few games where it would actually be useful. Most games you could only use it for something like camera control and you could do that with the touchscreen or L/R instead.

Mugiwara no Kot

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.douglasseigikot.xpg.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
man, you all are just throwing a stone on this second pad, but this is the reason 3DS will be greater than PS Vita and any freaking portables that the world may have. With this Nintendo can expand almost double of its games, and without it we'll play only pokemon xP
and the last pokemon was totally for kids and boring. In my opinion, of course, but it is really crap.
Thanks for posting =X

DarkShadow96

LA96£
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
DarkStriker said:
chris888222 said:
DarkStriker said:
As long as the slider support Monster Hunter, then i dont mind standing in a 2 hour line to buy it lol. Im really this hardcore MH fan xD. And hopefully more games will give out Slide pad support even if it means i can only control the camera. More buttons to more useful things
smile.gif
Pretty much this, as I am a hardcore MH fan myself. xD
Hopefully it supports Wi-Fi play. As i pretty much have bad luck in using xLink kai if they set up ad-hoc on the game instead.

But once it comes make sure to add me
smile.gif
I like to pew pew huge monster with friends, not alone xD
yay more MH fans ^__^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Ohhh. NSFW!!!! https://youtu.be/q3C3ceUYXRY?feature=shared