Hacking Real or fake R4isdhc Dual-Core : .com and .in

jerxjac

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I am confused, I ordered the R4i SDHC Dual-Core (the white) the one with www.r4isdhc.com (with .COM) on the label.

What I received was a white R4i card with on the red circuit board www.r4isdhc.com printed in white letters.
Accompanied by a loose box, interior, usbstick and label. On the box and label is the url www.r4isdh.in (with .IN)

Do I have an original or a fake?

Attachments

• com.jpg
    com.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 712
  • in.jpg
    in.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 713

jagerstaffel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my R4i White Dual Core has only "SDHC" on the chip board (red part), so the main website says it's fake, but my label (sticker) is real. :rofl:

Either resellers are using old stickers, or those stickers came from somewhere else :P

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's impossible to tell with R4s anymore. There hasn't been a 'real' R4 in the better part of a decade; everything now is a bunch of teams ripping each other off and claiming they're the one true R4 brand. For what it's worth the .in site seems to be a very confusing mostly-copy-paste clone job of .com; they claim their cards work on the latest 3DS firmwares, and I can't imagine compatibility is all that different one way or another.

Just use the site the box says to use, in my opinion. Worst case, the card's junk and you're out a few $/€/whatever. Shouldn't expect much out of an R4 anyways.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, it's what I'd do; it's the people on the box who bought those boards and labeled and distributed them. They likely wouldn't do so without knowing that the board they'd stuck in their shell and box would work with their files. But then, maybe it's a bit much to expect anything reasonable out of flashcart companies. Who really knows? Neither site has an official way of authenticating.

You could try contacting the retailer, but if it's Eachmall, good luck getting any sort of useful response out of them. Otherwise, try the contact pages on both R4i-SDHC websites, and see if anything reasonably intelligible comes out of it.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You should trust the sticker. There are serveral cards that come with boxes from another team. Some months ago, there were many single boxes sold on ebay without flashcards. Even one of my cards came with another box (the website on the sticker was the right one).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Ohhh. NSFW!!!! https://youtu.be/q3C3ceUYXRY?feature=shared