Hacking Real Hot Stuff (CycloDSevo) doesn't mess around!

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, the new shell is of a MUCH higher build/feel quality than my old one was. I can barely feel the FPGA sticking through the shell, and if I didn't know it was there and where to look for it, I'd likely never notice it unlike my old Evolution.

My only problem with the new design is that it's a little bit of a tight fit into slot-1, but nothing to worry about IMO, just makes an extra step in removing it from the slot in that you actually have to grasp it and pull a little rather than just being able to let it fall out on it's own.

IMO the re-design brought the Evolution up to my SCDS1's level of build quality, both of which are just about as good as my Datel Games'n'Music cart, which seems to have a surprisingly high build quality, almost like a real cart's.

Updates, etc. TC slacked off on the updates for a while, but they appear to have come out swinging as it were at the beginning of this year, but we'll have to wait and see what they do with the v1.4 beta series, when it starts, what it does, and if it adds any nifty features. (I'm really hoping for enhanced menu access in any DS app(not just ROMs, although return to menu would be the only really useful feature ATM, although ingame guide/test could be handy for some homebrew, e.g. instructions, etc.) or at least the ability to soft-reset to the Evolution menu from any app, similar to what the SCDS1 can do. I really LOVE that particular SCDS1 feature with all of the homebrew apps that I use, especially since booting back to the Evolution is a bit of a pain as it involves clearing the health and safety screen, and at least in my case manually booting the slot-1 cart.)

silent sniper

!dennaB
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i was actually gonna order me one today, so i could sell my R4.

and about teh build issues of the Cyclo on the first page, it's a tiny, light, little flash card, you drop something that light, it ain't gonna break, the only way to really break it is to try and break it.

sk3tch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DaBurgh said:
I don't know much if anything about the old stock most people question. I have a black Cyclo that I just received yesterday and really didn't notice any kind of glaring issue with the build quality. I didn't have any "bumps" in the sticker and it certainly wasn't puffy, so who knows. I know I read it so it's not like it doesn't happen. I guess maybe I got lucky or it's just not the same issue as much anymore. Either way when build quality is being discussed between the r4 and the cyclo are most just talking about the Sticker on the front of the card? If so why does it even matter as long as it works?

I'm just saying, in comparison to the latest hardware revision R4, the latest hardware revision CycloDS feels puffy. Compare the CycloDS to any retail DS cart and you'll see what I mean.
smile.gif
Not a big deal at all. It's just an observation. As far as "feel" goes...it feels not as well-built as an R4. That's my only point.

It all makes sense why it'd feel "puffy" anyway - take a look at this post:

http://www.monroeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12255

The CycloDS has a ton more hardware on it than most carts (1mb recovery flash and 16mb OS flash on-board...whereas most load from the microSD).

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RHS+DHL = win.

I have bought 3 items from them, no trouble whatsoever, and they are prompt with responses if they have questions, if I need to purchase a new cart in the future, I'm going to buy from them even if they are a few dollars more expensive, because I know that I can trust them.

As for the whole R4/Cyclo debate, we all know that I stand on Cyclo's side. They have been good about replacing carts if you have issues with them, and luckily I havent had any, and I have a 2nd batch white Cyclo, i think they are now on batch 4 or so, with the new black ones. Anywho, buy from Real Hot Stuff and ship DHL and you'll be happier when the day is over.

CrushEmAll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ugh. after hearing so many good things about RHS it's a shame they don't ship to Canada anymore. I e-mailed them the other day to confirm this and sure 'nuff, I got a response only a couple hours later confirming they weren't shipping anywhere but the USA.

jdub

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I Agree RHS is quick to ship in .us, I ordered my second cyclo yesterday and its already in transit. i got 2nd day by 5 from DHL for 10 bucks.

if you want a cyclo in the united states then RHS is your place (at least till they sell out).

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
USPS has NEVER lost anything of mine, packages or letters. I'm more inclined to believe that the overseas orders were likely to shady characters flasely claiming lost packages. Not to mention once it leaves the US it's generally handed over to the destination country's postal service.

DS64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, this is the 4th time im buying from them. Bought a CycloDS evolution only yesterday and used DHL 2nd day shipping and it took only 1 day to get here in california.

Enter260

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i ordered late friday night, they processed and shipped it saturday, and i got it monday. this was the cheapest available shipping to california.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a second Cyclo (for a friend that is afraid of ordering online) and I ordered it Monday night and it arrived today. God they are awesome. Oh, and we tested out the new black one, I think the fact that the MicroSD sticks out a bit more now makes it much easier to pull out, so bravo.

JimmyJangles

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I ordered a black CycloDS last night. I'm not in a huge rush to get it so I got the cheapest shipping, but from past experience it shouldn't be more than couple of days.

Last time I ordered from RHS was when I got my SCLite. That was also when I was buying the DS itself and microsd card, and the SCLite was delivered a week before the rest of the stuff
tongue.gif
So yeah, RHS does indeed rock.

Azetab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, can someone who bought the CycloDS EVO from Real Hot Stuff recently tell me if the white color is the latest batch(Batch 4?)? I'm in a hurry to get this but it says Out of Stock for the black version. Thanks!

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Azetab said:
hey, can someone who bought the CycloDS EVO from Real Hot Stuff recently tell me if the white color is the latest batch(Batch 4?)? I'm in a hurry to get this but it says Out of Stock for the black version. Thanks!

If memory serves correctly as of sometime last month, most retailers (RHS is a big Cyclo one) should only have the newest version of the card, regardless of color.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright