Hacking Real Hot Stuff (CycloDSevo) doesn't mess around!

DaBurgh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered the CycloDS EVO on wednesday and it was delivered to my front door today. They ship those things crazy fast. It did beat my Micro SD card so I'm not going to be able to do anything with it until likely Monday anyway, unless the card makes it here today.

I just wanted to throw this up for the guys that haven't orderd the CycloDS EVO yet. Real hot stuff ships crazy fast and it arrived in great condition in a DHL padded envelope.

Good Times.
yaynds.gif

DaBurgh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DaBurgh said:
I ordered the CycloDS EVO on wednesday and it was delivered to my front door today. They ship those things crazy fast. It did beat my Micro SD card so I'm not going to be able to do anything with it until likely Monday anyway, unless the card makes it here today.

I just wanted to throw this up for the guys that haven't orderd the CycloDS EVO yet. Real hot stuff ships crazy fast and it arrived in great condition in a DHL padded envelope.

Good Times.
yaynds.gif

Why did you grab a R4 if you have the CycloDS? and yes they are crazy fast.

sk3tch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The CycloDS is great, but I have doubts about the hardware reliability. So far, so good though. I love all of the features and if I were to own on cart, the CycloDS would be it. A good analogy would be that the CycloDS is the 360 of carts.
wink.gif

I used to own an R4 (original, spring-loaded version) but sold it last year. I figured I would pick one up since they're cheap and they are well represented in the scene (a lot of people have them, therefore it gets a lot of scene support). Plus, I'll have a backup in case the CycloDS goes down.

The build quality on the R4 is so much better than the CycloDS. It's like night and day. Kind of sad. The CycloDS feels "puffy" and the R4 feels very solid. Perhaps it's only a tactile difference but I'm liking what I am seeing so far in the non-spring loaded version of the R4. One weird thing, though...the card kind of "sticks" after you eject it from the DS Lite. Not a big deal, I guess.

I bought a SuperCard DS One last night, too. These carts are so cheap, I figure why not buy a few of them? They're fun to play with. Plus, this way, I can for sure have compatibility with game xyz should I want to play it.
smile.gif

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I like to order from them whenever possible. They have gotten things to me faster than KickTrading, and KickTrading operates only an hour away from me!

CatScam

ScamaRama!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I love Real Hot Stuff I got my SC-lite way back when & got a few R4’s from them as well. I was going to get a CycloDS from them but after using a friends. I agree with sk3tch I don’t like CycloDS build quality & don’t trust the company yet.

DaBurgh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CatScam said:
I love Real Hot Stuff I got my SC-lite way back when & got a few R4’s from them as well. I was going to get a CycloDS from them but after using a friends. I agree with sk3tch I don’t like CycloDS build quality & don’t trust the company yet.

I've never handled the R4 but I didn't think the CycloDS was terrible. It is what it is and the whole reliability thing based on my research has been resolved. I guess I just find that whole analysis funny if in fact the reliability issue has been fixed as I've read. Ultimately because what do people actually expect from their slot-1 card? Do you want to be able to run it over with your car or truck in the drive way? As long as it's not crashing on me, I could care less how it's contstructed as long as it does what it's designed to do and is at least close to the competition in the regard of actual materials quality.

By all accounts, via my own research it seems the company is really on the ball, with updates and fixes all the time...I'll find out for myself over the next week or two.
yaynds.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Death50 said:
does shipping require signing thats always a killer for me

Nope, they drop the goods in your mailbox.

Every flashcart I've ever bought has come from RHS. In my opinion, they are worth the extra few dollars.

TheNeck

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
USPS drops it off in your mailbox, but DHL might require a signature but Im not sure. Also RHS is the best place to order from especially if you live in the US.

Yes i would agree the build quality does seem better with the R4 compared to the cycloDS. As i have order 3xR4s & 1xCyloDS from RHS since June 07 and only the CycloDS(1st batch) has died on me, back in November 07, but luckily RHS was able to replace it for me 8 months after getting it from them.

Enter260

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheNeck said:
USPS drops it off in your mailbox, but DHL might require a signature but Im not sure. Also RHS is the best place to order from especially if you live in the US.

Yes i would agree the build quality does seem better with the R4 compared to the cycloDS. As i have order 3xR4s & 1xCyloDS from RHS since June 07 and only the CycloDS(1st batch) has died on me, back in November 07, but luckily RHS was able to replace it for me 8 months after getting it from them.

How'd you get them to replace it? I'm thinking about ordering a CycloDS since Dealextreme is taking too long to ship the Supercard.

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
TheNeck said:
DHL might require a signature but Im not sure.
They leave it at your doorstep. Got my R4 and EZ3in1 from them, and the shipping was fast. My EZ3in1 came next day even though I ordered standard shipping with DHL.

sk3tch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DaBurgh said:
By all accounts, via my own research it seems the company is really on the ball, with updates and fixes all the time...I'll find out for myself over the next week or two.
yaynds.gif

Now this I agree with. Team Cyclops is ridiculously on the ball. Great, great support. I can't imagine any other flashcart having better support.

sueil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sk3tch said:
The build quality on the R4 is so much better than the CycloDS. It's like night and day. Kind of sad. The CycloDS feels "puffy" and the R4 feels very solid. Perhaps it's only a tactile difference but I'm liking what I am seeing so far in the non-spring loaded version of the R4. One weird thing, though...the card kind of "sticks" after you eject it from the DS Lite. Not a big deal, I guess.

You must have an old hardware version of the Cyclo. The new hardware is not "puffy" and doesn't stick in the the slot like the old ones do. I had an old one and how you described it pretty much sums it up. Those ones sucked hardware wise. The new one though is like a night and day difference.

sk3tch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sueil said:
sk3tch said:

You must have an old hardware version of the Cyclo. The new hardware is not "puffy" and doesn't stick in the the slot like the old ones do. I had an old one and how you described it pretty much sums it up. Those ones sucked hardware wise. The new one though is like a night and day difference.

If you had read my post or my signature you'd know I have the latest CycloDS. It's puffy. The chip doesn't stick up from the sticker...but it is definitely puffy compared to the solid R4. I bought my CycloDS from RealHotStuff.com a couple weeks ago.

DaBurgh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sk3tch said:
sueil said:
sk3tch said:

If you had read my post or my signature you'd know I have the latest CycloDS. It's puffy. The chip doesn't stick up from the sticker...but it is definitely puffy compared to the solid R4. I bought my CycloDS from RealHotStuff.com a couple weeks ago.

I don't know much if anything about the old stock most people question. I have a black Cyclo that I just received yesterday and really didn't notice any kind of glaring issue with the build quality. I didn't have any "bumps" in the sticker and it certainly wasn't puffy, so who knows. I know I read it so it's not like it doesn't happen. I guess maybe I got lucky or it's just not the same issue as much anymore. Either way when build quality is being discussed between the r4 and the cyclo are most just talking about the Sticker on the front of the card? If so why does it even matter as long as it works?

TheNeck

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Enter260 said:
TheNeck said:

How'd you get them to replace it? I'm thinking about ordering a CycloDS since Dealextreme is taking too long to ship the Supercard.

I contacted them in November about a replacement but since it was past the 3 month warranty, they told me to get a replacement from teamcyclops, so i emailed them and they wanted me to send it to france, so my lazy ass never sent it, then i saw teamcyclops announced in January 2008 to get replacements from your reseller, so i posted a thread at this forum, which RHS sponsors. And he told me to send it in for a replacement, in which it took less than a week to get a replacement, which to me was crazy fast. so im a RHS customer for life.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM