• Views 1,077,716
  • Replies 3,243
  • Likes 128

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since TacoGod hasn't responded here, maybe I should clarify on his behalf. He posted the exact same question in the Switch Noobs Paradise. The confusion arose because he didn't see a Launch Configuration that indicated LayeredFS support. As of V10, tomGER's SD files doesn't split LayeredFS support into 2 different launch configurations; the default one comes with LayeredFS support because its stable enough to be enabled even if you're not using it.

Last edited by Draxzelex,
Reactions: hippy dave

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
How do we skip verification?
2 ways.
If you are doing the backup on an exFAT sd with enough space, you can press VOL DN + VOL UP to abort verification (the backup will not be deleted)

Or the normal way, where on the menu you selected Backup, it has "Verification options"

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
Hi @CTCaer
I am experiencing a weird issue with my SD card reader.
Since it was acting up (loose spring) I finally decided to change it altogether.
I used a non official one and only Horizon could detect (neither hekate nor ReiNX could in rcm).
Then I replaced it with an official one and funny enough the same issue remains.
I can perfectly use in in Horizon but the payloads don't detect it at all.
Is it possible that some pins were bent or broken during the replacement process that is causing this?
Is it possible to launch CFW from the payload alone? If possible could you help me out with such a customized payload?
Thanks in advance

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How does Auto HOS power off work? If I enable it and boot SX OS, when I turn my switch off, do I have to wait 15 sec for it to boot into RCM and then it will turn it off? The only time I turn it off is to remove SD card and I don't want to remove it while it's rebooting.

DDS123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Dear sirs!
I backuped my switch long ago, actually a don`t know what vershion of Hecate it was. Now i want to restore my switch but on current version the restore process doesnt restore anything. I have 16 files named RawNand.bin.00- 14 (29,1Gb). I have tryed both fat3 and fat32ext on my flashcard - no luck. Please-please-please help me! How can i restore my switch to the ?

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hi @CTCaer
I am experiencing a weird issue with my SD card reader.
Since it was acting up (loose spring) I finally decided to change it altogether.
I used a non official one and only Horizon could detect (neither hekate nor ReiNX could in rcm).
Then I replaced it with an official one and funny enough the same issue remains.
I can perfectly use in in Horizon but the payloads don't detect it at all.
Is it possible that some pins were bent or broken during the replacement process that is causing this?
Is it possible to launch CFW from the payload alone? If possible could you help me out with such a customized payload?
Thanks in advance
There are certain reasons I never supported SDSC, aka 1bit bus, and this is one of them.
When you installed the new sd card reader, the connector was not seated well.
This immediately cuts the comms from 4 data pins to 1.
Horizon supports 1bit data bus and works. Hekate does not (because it's important to fix that issue, otherwise your sd card speed falls to 1/4).
Try to squeeze the plastic, on the spot where under it is the connector and try again. You can see some crystal clear cases to find where to push.
If that works, you need to check the connection and if you didn't replace the padding on top of it, add it back.
And maybe add a little extra (preferably from flexible material).

How does Auto HOS power off work? If I enable it and boot SX OS, when I turn my switch off, do I have to wait 15 sec for it to boot into RCM and then it will turn it off? The only time I turn it off is to remove SD card and I don't want to remove it while it's rebooting.
This power on triggers in 15s after powering off from HOS. If you power off inside that time you are good to go and Auto HOS power off does not even get the change to be procced.
Also if you don't launch hekate, it will also not power off.

Dear sirs!
I backuped my switch long ago, actually a don`t know what vershion of Hecate it was. Now i want to restore my switch but on current version the restore process doesnt restore anything. I have 16 files named RawNand.bin.00- 14 (29,1Gb). I have tryed both fat3 and fat32ext on my flashcard - no luck. Please-please-please help me! How can i restore my switch to the ?
You need to combine it into 1 file through the scripts I have at github. Then use an exFAT sdcard and copy it to /backup/<eMMC S/N>/restore.
Make sure to make a new backup before restoring your old one! (To be safe. Also this will create the needed folder structure).

Last edited by CTCaer,
D

Deleted User

Anyone having issues with Hekate not loading games after 6.1 update? Have a 256gb card filled and 99% of all my games are erroring out on launch. Re-installing them gives same results.

Reactions: DerekGeneric831

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone having issues with Hekate not loading games after 6.1 update? Have a 256gb card filled and 99% of all my games are erroring out on launch. Re-installing them gives same results.
Hekate is just a bootloader. It primarily loads Atmosphere. The "sig patches" Atmosphere uses do not work on 6.1 and need to be updated. However, the smart patching ReiNX implemented do work on 6.1.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

Hekate is just a bootloader. It primarily loads Atmosphere. The "sig patches" Atmosphere uses do not work on 6.1 and need to be updated. However, the smart patching ReiNX implemented do work on 6.1.

Thanks for the heads up.

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
Try to squeeze plastic where under is the connector and try again. You can see some crystal clear cases to find where to push.
If that works, you need to check the connection and if you didn't replace the padding on top of it, add it back.
And maybe add a little extra.

Thanks for the reply.
I am in the process of doing this now. Just to be sure: do you mean putting plastic between the SD card reader connector and that of the motherboard?

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thanks for the reply.
I am in the process of doing this now. Just to be sure: do you mean putting plastic between the SD card reader connector and that of the motherboard?
Not plastic. Something flexible is preferred. So it can put adequate pressure and also not bulge the spot.

Reactions: Zumoly

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This power on triggers in 15s after powering off from HOS. If you power off inside that time you are good to go and Auto HOS power off does not even get the change to be procced.
Also if you don't launch hekate, it will also not power off.
Thanks!! So I guess once I have my Switchme installed, the best way to go is boot into Hekate that auto boot SX OS while having Auto HOS power off enabled. That way when I power off it will reboot in hekate and hekate will power off right?

D

Deleted User

Got hekate to work on 6.1

Had to re-enable auto boot CFW again for some reason for nsps to not error out anymore.

Krude

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'd like to take a second to commend CTCaer on not only delivering this excellent piece of software to us, but also his endless patience in answering the same simple questions again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again here when the solution in the overwhelming number of cases would just be to read the OP and apply common sense.

Thank you.

Reactions: CTCaer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already +1