[RCM Payload] Hekate - CTCaer mod

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by CTCaer, May 1, 2018.

1. ploggy

ploggy WAKA! WAKA!

Aug 29, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Yeah. I managed to find them thanks. :) (read the edit in my last post)

Setting up pfba as we speak.

Last edited by ploggy, May 19, 2018
    wicksand420 likes this.
  2. chronoss

chronoss GBAtemp Addict

May 26, 2015
    Central African Republic
    It's normal for my cert. file ?
    [​IMG]

I have no account on my console !

And, i create a new account on my Switch, i must re-dump my nand ?

Last edited by chronoss, May 19, 2018
  3. CTCaer
    OP

CTCaer Developer

pip Developer
    Mar 22, 2008
    Greece
    So 1.5 beta works with launching hbmenu in 2.3.0? Great!

The Jan4V's sdfiles.zip

I don't know if your cert dump in an unused console should be zero.
    But for sure you have to make a new backup after connecting a new account, if you want to check these changes.

ploggy, chronoss and wicksand420 like this.
  4. bailli

bailli GBAtemp Regular

Oct 16, 2006
    Gambia, The
    Suggestion for starting post: Add the exact raw nand filesize: 31.268.536.320 bytes
    Or even add this as step 8 in your "Partial dumping Procedure".

Also thanks for your work. Just dumped my nand :)

5. CTCaer
    OP

CTCaer Developer

pip Developer
    Mar 22, 2008
    Greece
    OP will be updated as a guide after I finish with 1.5, with all the features and tricks explained.

chronoss and wicksand420 like this.
  6. bailli

bailli GBAtemp Regular

Oct 16, 2006
    Gambia, The
    Hm maybe I was not through enough... but is there currently some HacDiskMount alternative for Linux available? Maybe a fuse module?

7. chronoss

chronoss GBAtemp Addict

May 26, 2015
    Central African Republic
    Ok, i will make my test...

8. King_Knoedel

King_Knoedel Member

Newcomer
    May 3, 2018
    Germany
    Göttingen, Deutschland
    I would love to try that new version

9. Ohex4455

Ohex4455 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 1, 2018
    Germany
    I somehow got a perma write lock on my sd card. Don't know how that happend but very likely not due to the payload but linux.
    Can't be sure though

Last edited by Ohex4455, May 19, 2018
  10. CTCaer
    OP

CTCaer Developer

pip Developer
    Mar 22, 2008
    Greece
    In linux you can just mount the image as a disk. The only problem is the encryption. So, no, not available.
    But you can use a VM with windows guest.

There's a message that says it is write locked or you checked the write-lock status?
    If yes, you just reached max write cycles and the sd card fell back into read-only mode to protect the data already written.
    You try and override the lock, but I don't know if the manufacturer allows it.

11. Ohex4455

Ohex4455 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 1, 2018
    Germany
    No I checked and tried to clear it with sdtool after windows, linux, switch and android were not able to change partitions, reformat or write. No I definitly did not hit the write limits, unless the payload's dumping code is so bad that it keeps racking the count up unneccesarily :P The card is only about a year old and was solely in the switch for 11 months

12. DiJornios

DiJornios DiJiorno

May 18, 2018
    United States
    So once I dump the payload and reboot my switch into CFW but I turn it off do i have to redump the payload?

13. CTCaer
    OP

CTCaer Developer

pip Developer
    Mar 22, 2008
    Greece
    Well depends on the usage. I can burn an sd card in week (depending on its speed and capacity). If I remember correctly, from the sd association technical documents, there's a status that says how many times it was erased.
    But maybe it is for secure erasure. I will add it in "Print SD card info" if it's relevant.

Hekate actually writes 512 blocks of 512 bytes each time in its dumping loop.
    This block chunk is a total of 256KB which perfectly aligns with the clusters. So no wasted writes are done.

Every time the console is rebooted you have to use the payload.

14. infidelity

infidelity GBAtemp Regular

Dec 13, 2013
    United States
    Hello. I'm currently dumping the NAND, it's in 1GB parts, but I don't know what program to download, to put them all together into 1 file? I checked the 1st page of this thread, downloaded 1 of the programs, but am unsure if it's the one to use? HacDISCMount was the program. Please help! Thanks! :-)

15. Indigo Marz

Indigo Marz Indigo Marz - No HooX

Aug 4, 2011
    United States
    Funcoland
    @CTCaer Nand dumping is fine but i cant load HBL because i get the SD card update nag as soon as the home menu appears

16. DiJornios

DiJornios DiJiorno

May 18, 2018
    United States
    Does anyone else have a problem where their console shuts off after 15 minutes of sleep mode in CFW?
    Been happening with every payload I used.

17. Indigo Marz

Aug 4, 2011
    United States
    Funcoland
    Your console will basically crash when in sleep mode while using the payload, youre better off turning it odd yourself. If it does crash just hold the power button for 10-15 secs and itll be good

18. DiJornios

DiJornios DiJiorno

May 18, 2018
    United States
    Whats the point of turning it off if I have to relaunch the payload?

19. Indigo Marz

Aug 4, 2011
    United States
    Funcoland
    Because your switch will be unresponsive if you put it to sleep which is why you might as well turn it off on your own when done AND it has to be off to even enter RCM anyway which enables you to launch the payloads

Last edited by Indigo Marz, May 19, 2018
  20. CTCaer
    OP

CTCaer Developer

pip Developer
    Mar 22, 2008
    Greece
    You can use a file joiner. Search google for one. You basically join files .00 + .01 + and so on into a big file.
    If you don't have the exFAT update and you don't want to update, you need to format the sd card in FAT32.

EDIT:
    Also the payload has nothing to do with the actual OS. They are standalone and have their one drivers and filesystems. If we want, we can also add ext3/4 support also.

That's because the atmosphere you use from the sd files is not yet the final one and also somewhat old.
    BTW, when it crashes in sleep mode it continues draining battery, so you better reboot it normally

Last edited by CTCaer, May 19, 2018
    infidelity and Indigo Marz like this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted