[RCM Payload] Hekate - CTCaer mod

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by CTCaer, May 1, 2018.

1. tiliarou

tiliarou GBAtemp Regular

Feb 4, 2018
    France
    You can just choose to reboot to payload, then you can remove your sd card, copy whatever, reinsert your sd card and run atmosphere or any other stuff from Hekate.
    In addition you don't need a jig when you have autoRCM (you should have it anyway).

2. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    You don’t need a jig or autoRCM if you reboot to payload.

3. BaamAlex

BaamAlex (*(vu64 *)0x1FF81100)

Jul 23, 2018
    Germany
    How many fuses does the nintendo switch actually have? Users from a german forum say they only have 32. Hekate says it's 64. @CTCaer can you explain me please?

4. xakamd

xakamd Newbie

Newcomer
    Yesterday
    United Kingdom
    Hi all hope you can help me out, haven't been here since DS-Cart days :toot:!
    i'm sure its a piece of cake to you guys but...
    i on v9.0.1 but have RCMed okay with homemade
    guessing if i get the sysNAND copied to an emuNAND as the next stage, and find out how to stay in the emuNAND for backup games etc i'm pretty much there

I've backuped up my NANDs to the PC (in process of doing it again to compare the CRCs, but anyway) - this was by injecting version 4ish on windows 10 PC onto a standard fat32 card (1 partition)
    also got my keys - prod and titles (using Lockpick_RCM and a Sept folder!) all good so far

Then i read about partitioning SD card, so have a 153 gb and about a 30gb too (archiving bit cleared)
    (unsure if 2nd part has to be exact to the byte if anyone can help there??? but i think it is)

the 30Gb is empty
    the 153Gb has EG ATMOSPHERE, bootloader, config, ftpd, modules sep, switch folders as well as hbmenu
    bootloader folder
    has payloads, res sys folders and INI files bmp and BIN

so now i've injected 5.02 (didnt realise there was one after 4, whatever notes i was following!)
    BUT instead of seeing the fancy emunand screen at a scenefolks page 4210 (can attach link)
    "As soon as your successfully inject the Hekate payload you will be greeted by a grey boot screen and then Hekate's main interactive touch screen responsive GUI. Hekate v5.0.0 doesn't allow you to navigate using the Joycons, so you'll have to use the touch screen."

I ain't got that fancy gui - I've still got the basic launch, tools, backup (and about 4 other menu options that i dont remember, maybe restore, boot to rcm boot normal and power off?)
    so, basically frightened to hit LAUNCH !!
    what happens then please?
    a) do i get the nice hacker gui to create the emuNAND and stuff like that? and is that from that bootload folder?
    b) do i get horizon and good old NINTY can see all my partition with atmosphere etc?
    c) something else lol

need some info on how to proceed please? maybe i;ve got the wrong idea, wrong DLs etc
    hoping it the right thread too :O

Attached Files:

Last edited by xakamd, Oct 13, 2019 at 2:15 PM
  5. BaamAlex

Jul 23, 2018
    Germany
    You boot a custom firmware.

6. xakamd

xakamd Newbie

Newcomer
    Yesterday
    United Kingdom
    1) where does the CFW reside on the sd card - bootloader folder?
    2) where is the fancy touch gui that allows me to use the 30gb partition as the emuNAND?
    thanks

Last edited by xakamd, Oct 13, 2019 at 2:47 PM
  7. BaamAlex

Jul 23, 2018
    Germany
    1. The cfw files are in the atmosphere folder. Hekate is only a custom bootloader.
    2. Whatever you mean with this question, but first create a emunand. On the frontpage of the gui is an option for this. Afterwards boot it. There is an bootoption to do this.

8. xakamd

xakamd Newbie

Newcomer
    Yesterday
    United Kingdom
    the guide at scenefolks says ""As soon as your successfully inject the Hekate payload you will be greeted by a grey boot screen and then Hekate's main interactive touch screen responsive GUI. Hekate v5.0.0 doesn't allow you to navigate using the Joycons, so you'll have to use the touch screen."
    but i get the dos-like dos-like. in first attached picture, not the touch gui of the 2nd picture touch.

so is that 2nd one atmosphere?
    and when i hit launch in the dos-like menu, i get that? (cos i though i'd get something like horizon OS and then picture gallery to start a homebrew browser to play XCI and rip Carts, etc)

also because i'm in the dos-like menu, i cannot see options to "first create a emunand. On the frontpage of the gui is an option for this. "

Last edited by xakamd, Oct 13, 2019 at 3:07 PM
  9. BaamAlex

Jul 23, 2018
    Germany
    The nyx.bin is missing in your case. Look in the /bootloader/sys/ folder for the nyx.bin.

10. xakamd

xakamd Newbie

Newcomer
    Yesterday
    United Kingdom
    nyx.bin is there okay, 233 KB (239,001 bytes), but maybe i have in in the wrong partition?
    its in the 153gb (the first partition, looking at partition magic and windows disk manager ) along with all other folders from SetupSD site, and the other (second partition) 29.1gb (omg, is that too big, too small!?) is empty !!
    btw disk is a Basic MBR (not gpt)
    so i move them all to the large one, boot, get a gui, create en emuNAND on that partition?
    if so, then using the GUI, is that second partition then made into a copy of the entire internal memory?
    and is that the one i boot into and have homebrew on?
    thanks

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted