Rayman Origins possible for Wii, 3DS, iPad, and PC

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The new Rayman game was announced back at E3 for the two HD consoles, PS3 and Xbox 360. It's a high definition 2D platformer that hopes to go back to Rayman's original gameplay style. Unfortunately, no word was said of it coming to any of the other consoles or handhelds. But now, we have news that Ubisoft is considering bringing the game to other platforms, specific ones listed in fact. The official statement-

QUOTE said:
HD Consoles for the end of the year. Wii, PC, iPad, 3DS to be considered.
This is good news for people who don't own a PS3 or 360, and considering Rayman's history of being a widely available multiplatform series, it's not unwise to assume these "considerations" are actually quite possible. Most interesting is probably the possibility of a 3DS version, of which the system isn't out yet and doesn't have a release date. Clearly though, Rayman Origins will be available on PS3 and Xbox 360 first. At the very least, a PC version would be a possibility since it can replicate the HD visuals perfectly without downscaling the resolution.

Rayman Origins is apparently to be an episodic downloadable game for the two HD system's download services. The first part will be released Christmas 2010, and the rest next year in 2011. Also interesting to note is that a development kit for the game will be released as open source in 2011. According to Ubisoft, the software will have a level and character editor. Kind of similar to the old Rayman designer program released for the original Rayman PC game back in the 90's. [/p]
And if you missed the E3 trailer for the HD systems, have another look-
This information was taken from Ubisoft's official FAQ for the game-
http://raymanorigins.uk.ubi.com/2010/07/02/about-the-game/

ryan90

Trophies
XP
Country
For anyone looking for rayman 2d fix i know rayman advance, rayman 3 and rayman raving rabbids on the gba are all 2d platformers in the original style

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
It'd be cool to see this game on other platforms, but it'd detract from the awesome art style to see it in anything but HD goodness, in my opinion.

pitman

Addicted to Magical Girls
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I seriously hope for a PC release, I played the original to death too many times to remember.

I lost the original's CD a couple of years ago
cry.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've still got the original DOS Rayman from 1995 on CD, and STILL play it on dosbox. It's actually probably my favorite version. I've also got Rayman 2 and 3 on PC too, which also kick ass. I just stopped playing Rayman altogether once they infested the franchise with Rabbids, but this kicked my interest back in. Really hoping for a PC port, along with the other considerations. They've always made Rayman games multiplatform and released them on every system they could. Hope this is the same.
tongue.gif

Daizu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, whatever consoles they put it on.. I'm just happy they're bringing the good ol' Rayman back.

ryan90

Trophies
XP
Country
i don't like the 3d rayman as much as the 2d platfromers, although im gonna check out rayman 3 on gamecube again

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol Veho that went wayyyy different than I thought it was going lol