drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
This is getting dumb.

I know just a few posts ago I said the rawksd crew doesn't owe anybody anything.

But come on, this thing has been in private beta for 2 months now.

You are dangling a toy to a cat in anticipation for over a year now, and giving other cats who just happened to be at the right place at the right time, the toy.

What you guys are doing is completely unethical. you have an army of people waiting for this program (that is ready for at least use in public beta) you're just driving insane with the wait.

I mean rock band 3 is coming out in another month FFS.

I'm not saying hurry up and make the public release, but why the hell are you taking extreme measures (using wii IDs) to keep this program from the general public? People are willing to pay you guys, probably quite a bit of money, to get it. But no they can't, they are just stuck in an endless wait because for some reason those who have tested a god damn leader-board are given special treatment.

At least give us the damn beta. It's been over a year since 2.0 was announced.

Sorry if this pisses you off, but I had to get it off my chest.

THIS
Thank you, that's my feelings exactly.

QUOTE said:
But I've got to say: luring in girls to your flat with rock band 2 and rawksd? Wow...you sure make a strong argument there, buddy. I bet the developpers will certainly DOUBLE their efforts to get this thing done right now!
Haha, see, I always have friends over (of both genders) playing RockBand, seeing as how I'm a college student living on campus. In fact I've mentioned RawkSD to them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7Yw41QasDI _>

John_Ice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
drfsupercenter said:
QUOTE said:
What you guys are doing is completely unethical. you have an army of people waiting for this program (that is ready for at least use in public beta) you're just driving insane with the wait.

At least give us the damn beta. It's been over a year since 2.0 was announced.

THIS
Thank you, that's my feelings exactly.

QUOTEYes I know what a Beta is, I've said that so many times, and have been in many Betas. For most programs, when a Beta is close to release, it's made to be a public beta though, and that's all I'm asking for.

Also this. Seriously, I've never seen closed betas that are known about like this - usually when companies do that they don't TELL THE PUBLIC about it, this is like "Hey, we made this super exclusive beta, but you can't use it, sorry!"

Plus what do you bet, by the time Rock Band 3 comes out, it'll break Rawk SD 3 and it will stay in beta even longer to fix that? >_>

+ one

NB: how many people feel like this ???

Gohan3k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tueidj said:
The current beta expires at the end of this month and then nobody will have anything, happy?
How will ending the beta stop people from using it if they've already downloaded a version which matches their Wii ID?

Also, why would this make anyone happy? Anyone who enjoys happiness at nothing but someone elses expense and loss probably isn't someone who is playing rock band enough to know about modding it with rawksd.

You guys are obviously making this program because you enjoy helping others, and making people happy with your work. I mean with no pay what other motiviation do you have? I simply cannot understand, being the nice people you must be to be doing this for everyone, why you must keep people away from an unfinished yet functional version of the product you are making for them, especially when you know how despserately they want it now that they've been given a taste of what it has to offer. And not only that, but now you are going to attempt to take it away from those you've already given it to?

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gohan3k said:
tueidj said:
The current beta expires at the end of this month and then nobody will have anything, happy?
How will ending the beta stop people from using it if they've already downloaded a version which matches their Wii ID?
Because he programmed it to, you clod. It only works for a set period of time - in this case, until the end of September. It was reasoned that this would be enough time for the final release or another beta release, depending on progress.

It is really awfully embarrassing how much whining you're doing because you're not in the beta. The terms were set, you missed the boat, move on. You are perfectly capable of waiting like everyone else. Trying to throw "ethics" at the authors isn't going to get you in the beta or speed up the release, especially when it hasn't worked for the last ten pages.

As for RB3 coming out soon, just remember that no game is immune to Riivolution
wink.gif
but they'd probably have to do a bit of research first.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Couldn't people in the beta program simply set the date of their Wii back a bit if they wanted to keep using it?

I realize no game is immune to Riivolution but obviously they'd have to completely re-work it (especially with the new keyboard part, which I, for one, am looking forward to since I'm a piano player)... which will delay the release even LONGER...

I still don't see why making it a public beta would be a bad thing. Yes, there's gonna be bugs, there always have been. RawkSD 2 has bugs as well. So? It's homebrew. Nothing's perfect. People realize that. The more people testing it, the more people can find bugs. I mean, if someone goes "WAAH IT DOESN'T WORK", then by all means ignore them. But if someone finds an actual problem...

overlord00

A motherfucking birdplane
Trophies
XP
Country
owwwwwww, "3 weeks" is such a long time to wait... i jest everyone. i will continue to wait until rawk3 is released, whenever that may or maynot be.

peace out.

KyleJCrb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
drfsupercenter said:
Couldn't people in the beta program simply set the date of their Wii back a bit if they wanted to keep using it?

I realize no game is immune to Riivolution but obviously they'd have to completely re-work it (especially with the new keyboard part, which I, for one, am looking forward to since I'm a piano player)... which will delay the release even LONGER...

I really doubt they're going to delay RawkSD3 to add Rock Band 3 support. That's what RawkSD4 would be for.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gohan3k: I'm not going to attempt anything. I can sit here and do absolutely nothing and the beta will expire on its own since the code to make it do so is embedded. I could make a new build but I really can't be bothered; as you explained the motivation to continue comes from making people happy, not from being insulted, ordered around or just being shown a general lack of respect.
As Remfin already pointed out we didn't publicize the beta. We made a video a looong time ago that was only up for a few days. There were no blog posts or tweets (unlike certain other wii developers I don't care if nobody pays attention to me). The only reason the beta was put on the wiki was because some idiot who thinks I have a vendetta against him decided to vandalize it and thought he was spilling a big secret by posting it there.
Your main beef seems to be that other people have it and you don't. So now you can be happy knowing that you're not being discriminated against.

drfsupercenter: You spent 2 days pestering the IRC channel trying to get rawksd2 to work even though I told you straight up when you entered that you should just wait. Somehow I don't think you'd just put up with the bugs and keep quiet. And before you protest again that we "just don't like you", consider that you had previously been kicked/banned from the channel several times in the past yet still hadn't even bothered to read the channel rules.

There is no way in hell I am going to attempt customs for RB3. I say be grateful they even bothered making it for wii.

Gohan3k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think anybody is insulting you guys. We all appreciate what you are doing.

It's just, we've been waiting for a year ya know? A lot of us have kept our mouths shut since then and waited. Most of us still are keeping our mouths shut. I think that shows a bit of respect for the decisions you make and what you do.

But I think it would be disrespect (called being "fake") if I didn't speak out about how I feel about the release time and just sit back, kiss your ass and tell people to shut up and wait. I never meant to be insulting, or direspectful, I was just stating how I feel.

megazig

SU
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's a shame that this beta period is almost over, guess I need to get working on some things.

tueidj said:

This application looks great and only hope that the bugs can be ironed out in due time. I understand that this is homebrew and people have real lives. (Can't expect people to work on my time table)

francescnogales

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Works this new Rawk 3 with the new game "GH Warriors"?

I read that final Rawk soft is out in september, but i think that it's not probable.

In october new RB3 is out, it's a good data for the new Rawk final version.

Thanks

Gohan3k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tueidj, my sig is a parody of the rawksd sig people have been using. a bit dark, but yeah
tongue.gif

Since it's taking about as long as Duke Nukem Forever took to come out.

But again, i meant no direspect by it, I am just a comedic person and like adding some form of humour to what I do.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
francescnogales said:
Works this new Rawk 3 with the new game "GH Warriors"?

I read that final Rawk soft is out in september, but i think that it's not probable.

In october new RB3 is out, it's a good data for the new Rawk final version.

Thanks

You do realize the game just leaked today, that it's not due in Europe until tomorrow, and not in America until next week, right? There's no way it could be supported already.
tongue.gif

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
drfsupercenter: You spent 2 days pestering the IRC channel trying to get rawksd2 to work even though I told you straight up when you entered that you should just wait. Somehow I don't think you'd just put up with the bugs and keep quiet. And before you protest again that we "just don't like you", consider that you had previously been kicked/banned from the channel several times in the past yet still hadn't even bothered to read the channel rules.

You use the word pestering, I use the word asking... whatever... look, if you're gonna be a jerk to me, why are you surprised when I'm a jerk back? When someone (Forget who it was) linked me to that post about re-patching IOS37 with DopMii, I was actually thankful, that's what I was trying to find out in the first place... I was only asking for solutions, "Just wait" is not really a working solution. And obviously I managed to get it working on my own anyway, without the channel's assistance...

And why do you think I wouldn't put up with the bugs? As for keeping quiet, I thought the idea was to report them so they can be worked on? If you want specifics, one of the bugs I pointed out was that when playing songs imported from Guitar Hero (We were playing the song Du Hast, specifically), the spoken lyrics would trigger too early and cause instant failure unless the player intentionally said them off-beat. This was back when 3 wasn't in the works. And Aaron actually took note and I believe the problem has been solved in version 3?
So don't be so quick to dismiss me as a troll or something, I'm actually willing to help if you give me the chance...

QUOTEYou do realize the game just leaked today, that it's not due in Europe until tomorrow, and not in America until next week, right? There's no way it could be supported already.
Even though I'm not the one that brought this up - it was my impression that all Guitar Hero games for Wii to date have been based on the same engine, with the same audio formats with no encryption... (At least GHWT and newer), so theoretically wouldn't it only take a little name editing and figuring out where the audio files are stored, then the rest would automatically work? Just a thought.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
drfsupercenter said:
QUOTE said:
You do realize the game just leaked today, that it's not due in Europe until tomorrow, and not in America until next week, right? There's no way it could be supported already.
Even though I'm not the one that brought this up - it was my impression that all Guitar Hero games for Wii to date have been based on the same engine, with the same audio formats with no encryption... (At least GHWT and newer), so theoretically wouldn't it only take a little name editing and figuring out where the audio files are stored, then the rest would automatically work? Just a thought.

Something to do with paks is more likely the culprit than figuring out names. AFAIK I could be wrong but each one has some sort of key or something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1