Hacking RawkSD customs working on ULoader

marcd2009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
did you rip the songs locally and then use the transcode for Rock Band option? I think that corrects the charts from GH to RB format.

pubert09

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
marcd2009 said:
did you rip the songs locally and then use the transcode for Rock Band option? I think that corrects the charts from GH to RB format.
No. I just ripped them directly to the SD card.
I will do that. Thanks!

maddav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm, puzzling situation at the moment. I couldn't get any of the latest (August 3rd being the last date that worked) DLC to show up in Rock Band 2 despite it appearing as downloaded in the store (but I am using PC tools...).

So I figured the ROCKBND2.DAT file needed updating, so moved my ROCKBND2.DAT to the Internal NAND, loaded up Rock Band 2 (disc channel), and downloaded one of the latest tracks from the store.

Then I moved the newly saved ROCKBND2.DAT back to my emulated NAND, but when loading with Uloader I noticed that all my RawkSD stuff was gone, so I thought all I needed to do was update the SD Save in RawkSD2 and it should work.

Unfortunately every time I try this, i get an error in RawkSD2:

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

I've tried this with several versions of ROCKBND2.DAT (backups ftw) and it only seems to occur with those that I've transferred from the Internal NAND since the latest DLC.

I've also tried it with a different SDPC folder (installing one song after the date of ROCKBND2.DAT creation) and it still gives me the same error.

Any thoughts? (other than lolpirate)

secamfr

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
maddav said:
Hmm, puzzling situation at the moment. I couldn't get any of the latest (August 3rd being the last date that worked) DLC to show up in Rock Band 2 despite it appearing as downloaded in the store (but I am using PC tools...).

So I figured the ROCKBND2.DAT file needed updating, so moved my ROCKBND2.DAT to the Internal NAND, loaded up Rock Band 2 (disc channel), and downloaded one of the latest tracks from the store.

Then I moved the newly saved ROCKBND2.DAT back to my emulated NAND, but when loading with Uloader I noticed that all my RawkSD stuff was gone, so I thought all I needed to do was update the SD Save in RawkSD2 and it should work.

Unfortunately every time I try this, i get an error in RawkSD2:

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

I've tried this with several versions of ROCKBND2.DAT (backups ftw) and it only seems to occur with those that I've transferred from the Internal NAND since the latest DLC.

I've also tried it with a different SDPC folder (installing one song after the date of ROCKBND2.DAT creation) and it still gives me the same error.

Any thoughts? (other than lolpirate)

I have update my save with the last shop update (Snoop Dog & RBN tracks) and same problem ! Rawksd hang on save update...

maddav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm going to hope that it's just a bug with this week's rockbnd2.dat and hopefully the problem may sort itself out with next week's DLC.

In the meantime, you can do what I've done and create a second emulated nand (nand2) and put the newest save on that with no DLC (because the DLC loads from nand, not nand2) and you'll be able to play all of the Rock Band 2 DLC you have while using nand 2 as the save file location. And all of the rawksd imports and dlc (up to the old save) when using nand 1 as save location.

There are of course several reasons why this is annoying, as such for the meantime I'd just wait for next week's DLC (which includes Dio and The Smiths wooo!) and pray it fixes this problem.

thawkins1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
"We hate piracy. I've never downloaded anything I didn't own already, not even a single song(which would be piracy)."
smile.gif

francescnogales

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a PAL wii and play RB2 pal with a usb hdd.
My pal game is sZAP, not sZXE.
My game save the firsht generation of dlc in 735a4150, not 735a4145

I have done the steps of the first post, changing sZXE for sZAP, and 735a4150 for 735a4150
I have followed all your steps using the Rawk3 with the following changes:
- The initials of my game in pal are sZAP (inside this where you put sZXE, this mistake I was late in discovering it, since I was putting sZXP)
- The route is 735a5850.tik where you put 735a5845, since in the version pal they all finish in 50, her 735a4150 is the 1 ª generation, for example.
- When decrypt the files .bin I put him my go and my packaging - key correctly. And in the route of the recrypt.bat I have this written:
Dlcunpack %1
Dlcpack 00010005735a5850\tmd %1 535a4150, though the same result gives me that this other one:
Dlcunpack %1
Dlcpack 0001000563524241\tmd %1 535a4150 The thing is that 535a4145 in my game it is 535a4150

This don't work, but i can see the songs in the menu of RB2, but they remain hung on having happened over them, at least I can't even select it. When i select one song this make a strong song (piiiiii) and the game is bloqued.
To load her. It is hung by an endless whistle. Certainly, there are hung so much songs of the GH3, GH5, RB1 and any of the Rawk.

sorry for my english

Can I play with a pal game (sZAP) and a pal console (ticket, route finish in 50, not 45)???
Please, write the steps detailed.

marcd2009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
francescnogales said:

I have done the steps of the first post, changing sZXE for sZAP, and 735a4150 for 735a4150
- The initials of my game in pal are sZAP (inside this where you put sZXE, this mistake I was late in discovering it, since I was putting sZXP)
- The route is 735a5850.tik where you put 735a5845, since in the version pal they all finish in 50, her 735a4150 is the 1 ª generation, for example.
- When decrypt the files .bin I put him my go and my packaging - key correctly. And in the route of the recrypt.bat I have this written:
Dlcunpack %1
Dlcpack 00010005735a5850\tmd %1 535a4150, though the same result gives me that this other one:
Dlcunpack %1
Dlcpack 0001000563524241\tmd %1 535a4150 The thing is that 535a4145 in my game it is 535a4150

This don't work, but i can see the songs in the menu of RB2, but they remain hung on having happened over them, at least I can't even select it. When i select one song this make a strong song (piiiiii) and the game is bloqued.
To load her. It is hung by an endless whistle. Certainly, there are hung so much songs of the GH3, GH5, RB1 and any of the Rawk.

sorry for my english

Can I play with a pal game (sZAP) and a pal console (ticket, route finish in 50, not 45)???

why are you packing the songs back up? You don't need to. You just decrypt them using dlcunpack which will give you a folder full of files with .app at the end, and you put these in the correct folder on your nand, and rename the tmd file to title.tmd

literally, just follow the process exactly as the steps say just substituting your generation code and ticket number where it says. Where did you get sZAP from by the way? If this is the first generation of DLC that the game creates then you shouldn't use it as it'll already be in use by the Music Store in the game.

francescnogales

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
marcd2009 said:
francescnogales said:

Dlcunpack %1
Dlcunpack %1

sorry for my english

why are you packing the songs back up? You don't need to. You just decrypt them using dlcunpack which will give you a folder full of files with .app at the end, and you put these in the correct folder on your nand, and rename the tmd file to title.tmd

literally, just follow the process exactly as the steps say just substituting your generation code and ticket number where it says. Where did you get sZAP from by the way? If this is the first generation of DLC that the game creates then you shouldn't use it as it'll already be in use by the Music Store in the game.

thank's
I make this exactly:

- Access my Wii NAND and get a copy of the file ticket/0010005/63524241.tik (from fstoolbox)
- Hex edit it, replacing cRBA with sZXE and save it as 735a5850.tik (make with HxD software)

1.I make a new copy of my nand with fstoolbox, i have a copy of nand with all dlc song, and another copy (nand1) with cDLC of rawk.
2.Open folder title/00010000/535a4150/data inside the nand you picked in previous step and get a copy of file rockbnd2.dat
3.Prepare a SD card with RawkSD/RawkSD 3 beta on your Wii.
4.Copy the content of the SD card to a folder in your pc. I will call it SDPC later on.
- Hed edit file RawkSD 3 configuration file (rawkswf.conf) replacing cRBA with sZAP. (make with HxD software, it's a hexadecimal editor)
5.Start RawkSD 3 beta, select OPEN SD CARD and point to folder SDPC.
6.Click Customs->Install and install your customs.
7.Copy file rockbnd2.dat to folder \rawk\rb2 inside SDPC and rename it as data.
8.Close RawkSD3 beta and open RawkSD 2
9.Click Customs->Update SD Save. You can close RawkSD now.
10.Get a copy of data file in folder \rawk\rb2 inside SDPC, rename it as rockbnd2.dat and replace file on folder in step 2.
11.Copy all files .bin in folder \private\wii\data\sZAP inside SDPC to the folder you have installed DLC packer/unpacker tools (follow carefully installation instructions).
- Edit recrypt.bat of dlc tools and write this: dlcunpack %1 dlcpack 0001000563524241\tmd %1 535a4150
12.Decrypt all files from a DOS window executing for %f in (*.bin) do dlcunpack %f
13.When finished there will be a folder named 00010005735a5850. Rename file tmd inside as title.tmd.
14.Go to folder title/00010005/ inside the nand slot you chose and create the following folders 735a5845 735a5850/content and 735a5850/data
15.Copy the files from step 13 to folder 735a5850/content.
16.Copy file 735a5850.tik to folder ticket/00010005/ inside the nand1

I can see the customs songs in my menu of RB2, but i can't select the songs, the game is bloqued qhen i select one of custom songs.

marcd2009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, first things first, why are you using sZAP? Where did you get that name from? If it's right then fine but i need to know one way or the other before i carry on.

On the NTSC version, the generations of DLC are sZAE, sZBE, sZCE, sZDE, and sZEE. We use sZXE for this so we avoid using any of the ones already in use.

ashashash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KyleJCrb said:
I dunno, it works pretty damn well for me. 800+ songs, initial load in less than 10 seconds, more stable than NAND emulation... Yes, your RB2 disc and DLC have to be legit, but that's a small price to pay. Literally.
If you really want to pirate, I'm fairly sure RawkSD3 can't tell the difference between a game ripped into an iso from your Wii and a downloaded one.
You must be pretty privileged to write the bolded bit. Where I live a song costs $3, which would make the 'small price' for your 800+ songs around 2.5 thousand dollars.

Even if you wanted to compare to the maximum you can store without a USB currently, a 4GB sd card holds about 200 songs or $600. I've got two of them because swapping isn't much of a pain so the benefit for me would start to kick in at over $1000 worth of DLC. For those 'small prices' you can pick your favourite instrument, buy a decent starter kit and get quite a few lessons which is what I've done. It's not like Harmonix/MTV is crying out for my RB2 money either since they never actually released it in my country. Thankfully Rock Band 3 seems certain to come here and I'll be buying that legitimately for sure.

I don't have anything against the RawkSD developers - they're doing some fantastic work and it's their call if they don't want to add support for hacked tickets (I understand this is the obstacle for hacked DLC) - I'm sure this would increase not only the coding and debugging work required but also the number of annoying support requests they would get. I was definitely disappointed when they said it wouldn't load hacked DLC but I understand, I don't feel entitled to anything nor do I feel cheated by them. I just thought I'd comment on what I think is a pretty stupid statement.

Sorry for the derail, everyone else!

maddav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
maddav said:
I'm going to hope that it's just a bug with this week's rockbnd2.dat and hopefully the problem may sort itself out with next week's DLC.

In the meantime, you can do what I've done and create a second emulated nand (nand2) and put the newest save on that with no DLC (because the DLC loads from nand, not nand2) and you'll be able to play all of the Rock Band 2 DLC you have while using nand 2 as the save file location. And all of the rawksd imports and dlc (up to the old save) when using nand 1 as save location.

There are of course several reasons why this is annoying, as such for the meantime I'd just wait for next week's DLC (which includes Dio and The Smiths wooo!) and pray it fixes this problem.

Seems as though my optimism did not pay off, whatever has changed in the rockbnd2.dat file since 7th September has broken RawkSD 2's ability to update the data file. My thoughts are that the rockbnd2.dat file was previously written in certain parts by rawksd2, but now Rock Band has finally (after ~1000) songs caught up causing RawkSD to no longer be able read/write the file.

marcd2009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
maddav said:
Seems as though my optimism did not pay off, whatever has changed in the rockbnd2.dat file since 7th October has broken RawkSD 2's ability to update the data file. My thoughts are that the rockbnd2.dat file was previously written in certain parts by rawksd2, but now Rock Band has finally (after ~1000) songs caught up and can no longer read/write the file.

have you tried with a fresh nand save, one that hasn't been updated by rawk, then by RB2, then rawk again?

maddav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
marcd2009 said:
maddav said:
Seems as though my optimism did not pay off, whatever has changed in the rockbnd2.dat file since 7th October has broken RawkSD 2's ability to update the data file. My thoughts are that the rockbnd2.dat file was previously written in certain parts by rawksd2, but now Rock Band has finally (after ~1000) songs caught up and can no longer read/write the file.

have you tried with a fresh nand save, one that hasn't been updated by rawk, then by RB2, then rawk again?

yep, that's how I've been testing it:

- open RB2 (from disc) make a new RB2 save
- download track from latest release, RB2 saves with new rockbnd2
- extract RB2 save using Waninkoko's tool
- rename rockbnd2 to data and place in SDPC folder (rawk/rb2 or whatever the path is), tried with several SDPC folders

get the same error every time.

marcd2009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
maddav said:
marcd2009 said:
maddav said:

yep, that's how I've been testing it:

- open RB2 (from disc) make a new RB2 save
- download track from latest release, RB2 saves with new rockbnd2
- extract RB2 save using Waninkoko's tool
- rename rockbnd2 to data and place in SDPC folder (rawk/rb2 or whatever the path is), tried with several SDPC folders

get the same error every time.

hmm well all i can think of doing differently is that after you extract the save from the real nand, copy it to the emulated nand and load up uloader RB2, play one song and let it save the score so that your save game is definitely ok for the emulated version of the game, then try doing the rawk stuff.. probably won't be any different but worth trying i suppose.

hulk691

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
maddav said:
I've tried everything and it still won't work...oh well, I can deal with a lengthy alternate method
biggrin.gif

Hey maddav,

Just copy the private and rawk folder to your SD (the edited ones). Run the RawkSD installer (v2.01) and "install custom".
Load up Uloader, and update your nand save.

Just tried it and the customs and latest Gen5 songs all showed up.

Waffleman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hulk691 said:
maddav said:
I've tried everything and it still won't work...oh well, I can deal with a lengthy alternate method
biggrin.gif

Hey maddav,

Just copy the private and rawk folder to your SD (the edited ones). Run the RawkSD installer (v2.01) and "install custom".
Load up Uloader, and update your nand save.

Just tried it and the customs and latest Gen5 songs all showed up.
Could you possibly elaborate a bit more? I don't have an SD card large enough to fit the private folder on anyway. The biggest I have in 2GB, and have ~3.06GB of Rawk Customs/Imports. Could I just copy the Rawk folder?

hulk691

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
@Waffleman,

I do not have that much custom, so I couldn't test it out. But running RawkSD installer with SDHC and USB cannot work.

Maybe you can update the save by batch. With the 000.bin always present and the rest of the bin files in batches. It should work - cause if you notice, after you play one custom and you remove that custom, the scores for that custom still shows up if you re - install it.

maddav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm interesting, by the way how are people updating their uloader nand saves? I think i'm doing it the long way around!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?