Gaming ravid rabids & tiger woods - control questions

slightlyaskew

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm gonna buy a new game before I have some friends over tomorrow to play on my Wii for the first time. I currently dont have many 'party' games (Wii Sports, WarioWare). I'm tempted by Rayman Raving Rabids, but I have some queries about the controllers.

In the movies I've seen of the game, wiimotes & nunchucks have been used by most of the players. I currently only have 2 wiimotes & 1 nunchuck. So ... will this totally ruin the multiplayer element of the game? Does the game know how many nunchucks you have, and avoids those that require more than one in multiplayer? Will it totally spoil the fun, or is the game just as good taking turns (as in WarioWare)?

The other game I'm looking at is Tiger Woods, but I've read some mixed reviews with regards to the controls. I found the WiiSports golf controls clunky at best (compared to the other sports). Some seem to prefer Tiger Woods, whereas others say its worse.

Finally, my g/f will happily play WiiSports & Excite Truck (despite hating sports/driving games) because of the unique control systems. However, RRR is clearly a more female friendly game. So are my controller fears accurate?

Thanks in advance...

Sick Wario

Club Nintendo
Trophies
XP
Country
for warioware you only need 1 wand, even for the 12 player

as for tiger 07, im not a golfer, but i DO love ripping a nice drive in tiger!
golfer friends i have say the swing for driving/chipping is quite accurate. putting though, feel liek i have to CRANK it no matter how close the hole is

slightlyaskew

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
as for tiger 07, im not a golfer, but i DO love ripping a nice drive in tiger!
golfer friends i have say the swing for driving/chipping is quite accurate. putting though, feel liek i have to CRANK it no matter how close the hole is

we're not golfer's per se, but golf is a nice steady party game that you can chat thru and still have fun. thats the idea anyway. i'm only really concerned about the swing mechanic for single player really. i wouldn't play it alone if the swing was poor. we seem to have some problems getting the swign to work accurately with WiiSports golf, so I'm hoping TW is better.

in Rayman you really need both controller and nunchuk one for each player, or else it wont work. But its a lot of fun!

Thats what I'd feared. I'll happily buy a 2nd nunchuck so we an have 2 people playing, but as I'm the only Wii owner amongst my friends, I'd begrudge buying 2 more wiimotes & nunchucks. I doubt also my friends would chip in as I see them rarely.

Thanks for the advice though!

1337Nemo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
in rayman are games where all players play at the same time. Then you need a wiimote (nunchuck) for every player.

but there are games where everybody has to play solo, if you play these games, you only need one wiimote (nunchuck)

FreddeX

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Let me just say that I find the TW controls to be utter crap ... in comparison Wii Sports is much better (but not perfect). And yeah, I play golf for real also.

Smack

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Just buy one more Nunchuck then at least you can play 2 player Plunger Shooting in Rayman which is one of the better multiplayer modes. Tiger you can play 4 players with 1 remote I believe.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: idk how hot of a take this is, but science as a subject sucks