ravid rabids & tiger woods - control questions

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by slightlyaskew, Apr 13, 2007.

1. slightlyaskew
    OP

Member slightlyaskew GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I'm gonna buy a new game before I have some friends over tomorrow to play on my Wii for the first time. I currently dont have many 'party' games (Wii Sports, WarioWare). I'm tempted by Rayman Raving Rabids, but I have some queries about the controllers.

In the movies I've seen of the game, wiimotes & nunchucks have been used by most of the players. I currently only have 2 wiimotes & 1 nunchuck. So ... will this totally ruin the multiplayer element of the game? Does the game know how many nunchucks you have, and avoids those that require more than one in multiplayer? Will it totally spoil the fun, or is the game just as good taking turns (as in WarioWare)?

The other game I'm looking at is Tiger Woods, but I've read some mixed reviews with regards to the controls. I found the WiiSports golf controls clunky at best (compared to the other sports). Some seem to prefer Tiger Woods, whereas others say its worse.

Finally, my g/f will happily play WiiSports & Excite Truck (despite hating sports/driving games) because of the unique control systems. However, RRR is clearly a more female friendly game. So are my controller fears accurate?

Thanks in advance...

2. Sick Wario

Member Sick Wario Club Nintendo

United Arab Emirates
    for warioware you only need 1 wand, even for the 12 player

as for tiger 07, im not a golfer, but i DO love ripping a nice drive in tiger!
    golfer friends i have say the swing for driving/chipping is quite accurate. putting though, feel liek i have to CRANK it no matter how close the hole is

3. Hero-Link

Member Hero-Link Hero of Derrr

Portugal
    in Rayman you really need both controller and nunchuk one for each player, or else it wont work. But its a lot of fun!

4. slightlyaskew
    OP

United Kingdom
    Thats what I'd feared. I'll happily buy a 2nd nunchuck so we an have 2 people playing, but as I'm the only Wii owner amongst my friends, I'd begrudge buying 2 more wiimotes & nunchucks. I doubt also my friends would chip in as I see them rarely.

Thanks for the advice though!

5. 1337Nemo

Member 1337Nemo GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    in rayman are games where all players play at the same time. Then you need a wiimote (nunchuck) for every player.

but there are games where everybody has to play solo, if you play these games, you only need one wiimote (nunchuck)

6. FreddeX

Newcomer FreddeX Member

Sweden
    Let me just say that I find the TW controls to be utter crap ... in comparison Wii Sports is much better (but not perfect). And yeah, I play golf for real also.

7. Smack

Member Smack GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Just buy one more Nunchuck then at least you can play 2 player Plunger Shooting in Rayman which is one of the better multiplayer modes. Tiger you can play 4 players with 1 remote I believe.

8. slightlyaskew
    OP

United Kingdom
    i bought rayman raving rabbids.

its quite good, but not great. bought a 2nd nunchuck too so we can have 2ppl go crazy at the same time.