Rare Replay

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what is the difference between a rare replay version of a game and the normal version? I selected "install all" when downloading rare replay, and it seems to have downloaded a rare replay version as well as a normal version, so I essentially have two of the same game installed.

Reactions: AmandaRose

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
what is the difference between a rare replay version of a game and the normal version? I selected "install all" when downloading rare replay, and it seems to have downloaded a rare replay version as well as a normal version, so I essentially have two of the same game installed.
The rare replay versions have built in cheats that you can use. Also each Rare Replay game had snapshot mode which were mini challenges kinda like NES Remix on the WiiU

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, after seeing how damn good banjo kazooie looks on the series x, I think I might have to play that game on the series x rather than the switch, even though I have a subscription to the expansion pack. I mostly bought it for oot. I'm almost astonished that it looks as good as it does tbh. the only thing the switch version has going for it really is using the original controllers or at least the bluetooth version of them.

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, after seeing how damn good banjo kazooie looks on the series x, I think I might have to play that game on the series x rather than the switch, even though I have a subscription to the expansion pack. I mostly bought it for oot. I'm almost astonished that it looks as good as it does tbh. the only thing the switch version has going for it really is using the original controllers or at least the bluetooth version of them.
The Xbox version of Conker is also a full remake which I always found kind of weird since it was remade and released only like 4 years after the original N64 Conker.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't believe that kazooie looks this good. do you know if you download a game pass game, it's taken off or you no longer subscribe, do you have to redownload the entire game if you choose to buy it?

20220119_103054.jpg

Reactions: JuanMena

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't believe that kazooie looks this good. do you know if you download a game pass game, it's taken off or you no longer subscribe, do you have to redownload the entire game if you choose to buy it?

View attachment 294352
I don't known for sure, but I don't think so. The only one I've bought afterward was DQXI which was on disc and I still haven't opened it. I did already have FFXIII installed and then it showed up on Game Pass where it would suddenly let me start the game without the disc being inserted anymore. I don't believe there was any additional download that time, but don't remember exactly.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't known for sure, but I don't think so. The only one I've bought afterward was DQXI which was on disc and I still haven't opened it. I did already have FFXIII installed and then it showed up on Game Pass where it would suddenly let me start the game without the disc being inserted anymore. I don't believe there was any additional download that time, but don't remember exactly.
I'm quickly becoming an xbox fan. so many things are just right with the series x. all three companies have good qualities about their systems, but I feel that xbox has the most. if all three made a system together, it would be insane. btw, I saw that there's a time limit on captain toad till tomorrow. it's free for subscribers of nso till then. however, even legit purchases show the time limit, which is bound to cause confusion.

koffieleut

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The Xbox version of Conker is also a full remake which I always found kind of weird since it was remade and released only like 4 years after the original N64 Conker.
The Conker used on the replay collection is Bad fur Day, not Live and Reloaded. The framerate is very good (I don't know the exact numbers but I think it's 60) and in my opinion it's the best way to play Bad fur Day.

Reactions: Glyptofane

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
still have problems coming back from sleep mode on the series x with banjo kazooie (no sound). the series x would be the best system of the three imo if they could fix these sleep mode issues.

vincentx77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far (knock on wood) I haven't had any games do that. I'll admit, though, I mostly just play Jetpac and Jetpack Refueled from Rare Replay. It may be an emulation issue.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lost Odyssey doesn't do this, but I don't like going into sleep mode, since you get signed out live, then you have to resync with cloud. it's a major pita to do every time you come back. I mean does the system even save to itself or are saves all cloud based? if so, that's stupid as hell.

vincentx77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lost Odyssey doesn't do this, but I don't like going into sleep mode, since you get signed out live, then you have to resync with cloud. it's a major pita to do every time you come back. I mean does the system even save to itself or are saves all cloud based? if so, that's stupid as hell.
oh it most definitely saves to itself. The cloud stuff is just for a backup like if your hard drive dies.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh it most definitely saves to itself. The cloud stuff is just for a backup like if your hard drive dies.
even 360 games? I mean do you need a subscription for cloud saving like xbox gold or gamepass? I did buy killer instinct and sunset overdrive as well. I've finished downloading the master chief collection, which I might buy, but I'm not sure. I'm really low on money atm.

vincentx77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went looking just to be sure. You can be offline and play and save 360 games, according to Microsoft's website here.
There are a couple of 'always online' games, like the NBA game they discussed. I think Diablo 3 Seasonal play is also the same way.

You no longer need gold or game pass to use cloud saves.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went looking just to be sure. You can be offline and play and save 360 games, according to Microsoft's website here.
There are a couple of 'always online' games, like the NBA game they discussed. I think Diablo 3 Seasonal play is also the same way.

You no longer need gold or game pass to use cloud saves.
If I change my account name, will my 360 save still work? You have to wipe the cache of the emulator for the new account to work, but it will download the save from cloud using the xuid, right? The save won't be lost?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night