Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kLiNiKaL said:
SSL Encrypted UseNet...accept no substitute EVER

Original Binary Baby since 1997
tongue.gif
Yeah, a whole 4,7GB game in 15 minutes. UseNet for the win (I can recommend Xennews for Europeans).

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twig123 said:
I get ~2-3MB/s with MU... ~9min d/l time
lecture.gif
So, why do you write smilies like a teacher who is talking to kids?
I didn't want to make a competition.
We were talking about security and not about speed. (At least my) Newsgroup traffic is encrypted and nobody besides me and my news provider does see what I am downloading. MU-Traffic could be tracked (if filenames/addresses are known).
And by the way (a full DVD (4700MB) with 3MB/s would take about 26min (4,7GB/0,003GB/s=1567s=26min). So you are maybe talking about scrubbed games but I was talking about FULL Single Layer DVDs. Your 9min example with always 3MB/s could at best be a 1620MB file.

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The usenet is a very old internet service, originaly only for texts. Nowadays it is used for filesharing with high speed (always the highest speed your connection is able to deliver).
You look for a usenet provider (Xennews is good in europe) and if you registered you can use sites like http://www.binsearch.info and search for your files. Open the .nzb file in your reader and the download of all parts starts with highspeed and encrypted. Even easier as JDownloader and you don't need to reconnect your router after every file.

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tanas said:
Astraweb is by far the best value for money, 315 days retention, only $11 a month for unlimited downloads, its half the price of xennews and has way better retention.
Thanks for the hint, I'll test it out
smile.gif

EDIT: I just saw, trhe speed is limited to 1Mbit/s if you just pay $10. This sucks if you're on VDSL+
QUOTE said:
You will be billed $15 every 1 Months.

Your subscription will automatically be renewed for your convenience until you cancel by notifying us at the contact section of our website.
Ok, there is also the $11 special, but for how long will it last?
At least Xennews doesn't renew the suscribtion every month.
Also Astraweb doesn't say whether it is SSL-decrypted or not. Their documentation sucks, doesn't look very professional.
I get Unlimited speed and SSL for 15€ (about $20) on Xennews.

EDIT2 (from the FAQ):
Both plans allow only a maximum of four connections at any one time to allow fair usage.
Xennews: 20

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Murica