rapidshare and megaupload

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by mcjones92, Jun 30, 2009.

Jun 30, 2009

rapidshare and megaupload by mcjones92 at 5:55 PM (2,866 Views / 0 Likes) 31 replies

1. mcjones92
    OP

Member mcjones92 Forest Fam

United States
    I am trying to avoid conflict with my ISP so I am trying different ways to backup my games. I was wondering if the ESA or my ISP would catch me downloading my games in parts (ie. part001, part002....) because this is probably what I am going to try next. Anyone know how safe it is?

2. Leo Cantus

Member Leo Cantus So zeta slow!

United Kingdom
    after some downloads you will get a message say you need to make an account to continue

3. junker_man32

Banned junker_man32 Banned

United States
    rstoql tool addon for firefox.

4. mcjones92
    OP

United States
    then I will I guess. But when I am a premium user, will the ESA or my ISP contact me again or is it safer than torrents?

5. Zenith94

Member Zenith94 1337 h4x0r f0r t3h w1nz

United States
    Do you want to upload games or download games?

6. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    Your ISP can track anything they want to track, the last thing they'll probably have in mind is tracking your traffic to megaupload and rapishare. I remember that thread that you made a couple months back, you already got 2 warns right? So one more and its jail for you [​IMG] i really wouldn't risk it, especially if the ESA is in on the whole thing. Word of advice, change your ISP.

Well like i said, the ISP can track literally anything you do, so yeah, i guess your back to square one.

7. supagusti

Member supagusti GBAtemp Regular

Austria
    It's securer than torrents, because only you and your ISP knows the files you are downloading.
    Don't know how it's handled in US but here in Austria no ISP gives a shit on what kind of files your are downloading.

Using torrent is a bit more risky, because someone from the BSA or another organisation can easyly see from which (the IP) he is downloading the files.
    With this IP he can find out who are you and sew you for sharing illegal content.
    Using TOR can prevent this, but it also prevents getting high speed donwloads.

8. mcjones92
    OP

United States
    Alright then I will just fuck it then...

Hopefully we do change our ISP in the future, but for now I will just lay low...

9. Leo Cantus

United Kingdom
    by the way one game has about 26 different files, it takes ages to downloadddd

10. xzxero

Member xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

United States
    i dl games all day from megaupload and nothings ever happened to me.
    and im downloading like 10+ gb per day.

11. Leo Cantus

United Kingdom
    i just get fed up cos torrents go really slow for me and when i try on megaupload or rapidahre there are so many files to download and i cant be bothered to keep going to download all of them...

12. Daku93

Member Daku93 GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    JDownloader downloads One file after another automatically! You just have to fill in the links!

13. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Megaupload lets you download files simultaneously even if you don't have a premium account, meaning you can queue all the files for a download without running into the download limit. It's pretty handy.

14. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    Not mention that one of the files may have been numbered or named incorrectly, and it may be damaged etc etc.

You really are just better off changing ISP. From what i here, and from what relatives have told me that live in the EU and US is that it usually happens when they seed their torrents, especially Nintendo based torrents. But as you said, lay it low, and change your ISP, you really cant afford another warn.

15. Fiesty Panda

Banned Fiesty Panda Banned

United States
    What's your ISP? I've been using uTorrent for ages on Verizon, and I've never been mailed. Just don't upload a lot and you'll be fine. Give back to the community though, by commenting regularly on torrents and testing them, and uploading when possible. Stick with Wiisos torrents, those are great.

16. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    Well its really weird how my internet works here, but here it goes. So from what i know, the internet works like so here, or for me.

Insat GmbH, some ISP company, sells its services to another company here called globalproof, i believe. Then that resells to another ISP company called VISP. Then there is a local reseller in my area, who has taken a hand full of connections from VISP, and then sold it to the residents i.e. me, and the neighborhood i live in. So yeah, i dont think ill be getting any letters soon [​IMG]

But yeah your right, most cases i've heard is from seeding, so just hit and run guys [​IMG]

17. Eclipse01

Newcomer Eclipse01 Advanced Member

United States
    Peer Guardian I hear blocks your ip from your ISP (or something like that) can anyone confirm that this is a good program to use for p2p/torrents?

18. kLiNiKaL

Member kLiNiKaL Dr. Greenthumb

Jamaica
    SSL Encrypted UseNet...accept no substitute EVER

Original Binary Baby since 1997 [​IMG]

19. akash86

Newcomer akash86 Advanced Member

United States
    i have att, and im good, im in cali...i use MU and torrents, i download A LOT, like a whoooolllleeeee bunch of things

20. Golfman560

Member Golfman560 TheRapist.com

Antarctica
    Depends on how you set it up, usually it blocks inbound and outbound connections from a list of "bad" IP addresses which are usually connected to anti-P2P organizations that report to the authorities.