RANT about current CFW standing and frustrations.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
whined? that's purely your oppinon, I was not whining. Look, if you want to delete my thread, please do, cause I'd rather not get into this just cause some of you don't want to enable conversation, and instead choose to attack me, just cause you disagree with what I want to talk about, and would rather obsess over what is right/wrong about it.
how entitled are you? Read the first few lines of your own OP. Those aint rants. Those are suggestions to help make something better. Again. Maybe learn what things mean, and what normal english terms mean? I havent seen anything of rants other than just saying things have limits. Ya, they do. Nothing you can say or write is going to change those. Possibly piss off devs who read this more so than anything.

JayBae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how entitled are you? Read the first few lines of your own OP. Those aint rants. Those are suggestions to help make something better. Again. Maybe learn what things mean, and what normal english terms mean? I havent seen anything of rants other than just saying things have limits. Ya, they do. Nothing you can say or write is going to change those. Possibly piss off devs who read this more so than anything.
Wont change anything with your current thinking, for sure!

JayBae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only limitation on the switch that burns my ass and can be done, is the Atmos xci loading and the hatred between each of it's base!
If this could be fixed, then everything would be the bees knees!
oof, indeed! feel ya there.

JayBae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps ditching the switch and just playing with the 3ds? There are joker commands of cheat codes which allow you to set button combos, which does help when a set messes with something
You can already set button commands on the switch for cheats, but it's all manual and not on the fly.

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The limitation list is partly due to the perhaps not expanded enough command set and partly due to perhaps OP not understanding certain aspect of the nature of hacking memory.

Imagine two kind of buttons. One you press it and it stay down and the other comes up when you remove your finger. What you expect don't change it’s nature. No point complaining that the first button don’t come up when you stop pressing. This button need an effort to pull it up.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I want the CFW makers to let us save full 1080p PNG files of screenshots, or at the very least Jpeg at 100% quality. I think it's set somewhere between 65% and 75% right now by default. The fact that nobody has addressed this major issue is pathetic.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I want the CFW makers to let us save full 1080p PNG files of screenshots, or at the very least Jpeg at 100% quality. I think it's set somewhere between 65% and 75% right now by default. The fact that nobody has addressed this major issue is pathetic.
If I may ask, what's so major about it? :huh: I've owned a Switch for years, and never saved a screenshot even once. It doesn't hinder my enjoyment of the console at all.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
If I may ask, what's so major about it? :huh: I've owned a Switch for years, and never saved a screenshot even once. It doesn't hinder my enjoyment of the console at all.
I use screenshots all the time, but I hate how it not only gets downscaled to 1280x720 in docked mode, but also the lack of quality really sucks for posting them online. Photoshop can only touch them up so much.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wont change anything with your current thinking, for sure!
And neither will yours. The last thing anyone wants to do is help a whiny brat who complains about stuff they don't even understand. If you don't want to understand the issues that you're bringing up, why should anyone else bother to fix them for you?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only limitation on the switch that burns my ass and can be done, is the Atmos xci loading and the hatred between each of it's base!
If this could be fixed, then everything would be the bees knees!

oof, indeed! feel ya there.
Ummm... no. Atmosphere would be shut down, and SciresM would be jailed and fined just like that Bowser dude (who ironically, isn't a coder at all... all he ever did was promote it). Loading XCI images is enabling piracy 100%. The only reason NSPs can be installed is that it's needed to install nsp homebrew. You can't even install and run commercial nsp dumps without loading 3rd-person patches. Leave Atmosphere out of this.

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ummm... no. Atmosphere would be shut down, and SciresM would be jailed and fined just like that Bowser dude (who ironically, isn't a coder at all... all he ever did was promote it). Loading XCI images is enabling piracy 100%. The only reason NSPs can be installed is that it's needed to install nsp homebrew. You can't even install and run commercial nsp dumps without loading 3rd-person patches. Leave Atmosphere out of this.
Loading of nsp is also piracy and is not allowed. Homebrews are nro

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Loading of nsp is also piracy and is not allowed. Homebrews are nro
Purpose of tinfoil aside, it is homebrew and can be installed as an nsp. So can retroarch, iirc.

Edit: I guess the restoarch stuff are forwarders. Still done as nsp, so my comment still stands.

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://gbatemp.net/threads/homebrew-menu-loader-legal-nsp.518433/

NSPs are fine and legal it's been figured out years ago
*some of them , not all of them
**really depends what the nsp contains
9. Absolutely no piracy or related discussion. This includes: • "Backups", even if you legally own a copy of the game. • "Installable" NSPs, XCIs, and NCAs; this includes installable homebrew (i.e. on the Home Menu instead of within nx-hbmenu). • Signature and ES patches, also known as "sigpatches" • Usage of piracy-focused groups' (Team Xecuter, etc.) hardware and software, such as SX OS. This is a zero-tolerance, non-negotiable policy that is enforced strictly and swiftly, up to and including instant bans without warning.

As far as ReSwitched is concerned immediate ban if you break this rule.

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This isn't reswitched, and installable homebrew is not piracy. They can take whatever stance they want. Doesn't make it true/correct.
But its ban bait, so its not usefull for anybody thats not already using roms in an offline emunand.
Normal title overwrite on the other side is mostly safe to be used online while in CFW.

Btw. XCI support could also be used for personal backups, which would not be piracy, but unless someone finds a way to generate the challange responses without the gamecard, it would probably still be offline only.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1