Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Here is my hash of working PAL version (sushi), as shown in WiiBackupManager :
MD5:3B6FD191CB7C039007AF655E422F6040
(keeping only the game partition).

WBFS partition on a tiny HDD (no 2TB+ HDD, just a tiny one with 512b per sectors), USB2.0, USB powered.
USBloaderGX r1130 (attention, you could have problem launching games with r1130)
d2x v7 alpha 5 (or beta_1d) (But it's also working fine with cIOS rev17)
Patches enabled :
- Return to : UNEO
- Hooktype : VBI (Default)
- Debugger : ON (I have Wiird debugger and an USB gecko connected. If you don't have USB gecko, don't enabled this).
- Video : game default
- Language : console default
- no ocarina
- no language or video changes

Using Wiimote and Motion+ extension (which drains the battery in few hours)
Launching from HBC (not from forwarder)

I don't know what else I can provide.

I can only point to that users who used Sushi version and it fixed his loading problems he had on NTSC leak version (convert your save to PAL).

Reactions: 1 person

varta1970

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I can only point to that users who used Sushi version and it fixed his loading problems he had on NTSC leak version (convert your save to PAL).
Is it possible that it is my Samsung M3 2TB external hard disk(I made a mistake by stating I had a Western Digital external hard disk) is causing the problems. When a new scene loads the front light on the M3 flashes. When the Wii freezes the light on the M3 is constantly on.

Extra info: I've tried to play other games for more than 20 minutes. And after playing several minutes these other games freeze/hang as well. So it's not solely related to Zelda Skyward Sword. I think it's a problem with my external HD Samsung M3 2TB

JD9922

Trophies
XP
Country
the instruction you got is partially right/wrong.

You need "cIOS d2x v6" only if you never watched the "Wii motion+ video" and don't want to use alternative dol to watch it.

Once you watched it, don't keep "Block IOS reload" option enabled, it's not needed anymore.
It shouldn't cause any problem to keep it, but just to be safe you can disabled it.
So do you tink its a bad rip of the disk or do you think it could be a cios problem
Also iv had lots of problems with other games after i installed cIOS d2x v6 i might just go back to rev17

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
d2x v6 is working fine.
rev17 too.

I don't know why you have more problem now, it should be the same compatibility or better (for some games) with d2x.
d2x has more features (FAT32, NTFS, NAND emu, "return to" working for all games, 2TB+ HDD, etc.)

For the moment, the only good info I've read is "I switched to PAL, problem solved", so I tend to think the NTSC-U dump is bad.
But I'm sure some users could play that version without problem, so it's really strange :(

Reactions: 1 person

biloon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have experienced almost exactly the same problem. I got a message "disc could not be read", or blackscreen, only when I first enter Faron Woods (After around 2h of playing); I did downloaded all cIOS and update everything with modmii. I have read from many forum, and they deduced it is caused by either bad disk reader or bad rom. However, my wii got the same blackscreen with Epic Mickey, Arc fantasia, and many other games. On some games, like Arc fantasia, I got blackscreen only when I first enter the world map.Others have problem at the beginning of the game. Therefore, I doubt that the bad rom or bad disc reader are the problems, because this problem only happened at specific scene change during the game. To put it simple, this blackscreen problem does not happen randomly. I guess maybe there are problem with IOS responsible for loading that specific scene. Btw, I have a hardmod wii with softmod installed (now using neogamma to play only), so I don't know if my hardmod will conflict with the softmod.

I have a 4.1U and play NTSC Zelda SS with neogamma r9. I modmii it up-to-date, so syscheck is not necessary.

y0wni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Could anyone try this:

Go into the ceremony race, after finishing it(catch the bird 2 times), press 2 to skip the video, after you land safely press 2 again, at this cut-scene my games generates a black screen, I updated my system just a few hours ago, and I still got this problem.
I will do a system check soon to see if my base is 56, also I will try another .wbfs file to test if sushii works as it should do.

I guess I was using the wbfs file from a PAL 11-11 release from Switzerland.

Edit: a new fresh ISO fixed my problem, the .iso release instead of the .wia.

sonjazrin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the moment, the only good info I've read is "I switched to PAL, problem solved", so I tend to think the NTSC-U dump is bad.
But I'm sure some users could play that version without problem, so it's really strange :(

But if the NTSC-U dump is truly bad, shouldn't it be creating problems across the board instead of seemingly random, isolated incidents with users? Furthermore, wouldn't they have nuked the release by now?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The release can't be "NUKED" because it's ALREADY a nuked one.
It's not an official release from a known releasing team, it was a leak from a random user. it's not a good dump.

Shushi released a REAL NTSC-U version (not a leaked one), release name : su-zssu.rar
Maybe you could try that one.

Someone else confirmed that using PAL sushi release fixed the problem.
http://gbatemp.net/topic/313513-zelda-skyward-sword-returning-to-wii-menu/page__view__findpost__p__3984671

Don't trust early leak from unknown sources.
It will prevent fake/virus/bugs/ads website/passworded files.
Of course leaks could also work, but it's safer to use known source.

edit:
But I agree that it's random and not everyone has this problem.
Some users even have the same symptom with other games (which tend to make me think that it's cIOS+HDD sleep timer related).

sonjazrin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The release can't be "NUKED" because it's ALREADY a nuked one.
It's not an official release from a known releasing team, it was a leak from a random user. it's not a good dump.

Shushi released a REAL NTSC-U version (not a leaked one), release name : su-zssu.rar
Maybe you could try that one.

Someone else confirmed that using PAL sushi release fixed the problem.
http://gbatemp.net/t...ost__p__3984671

Don't trust early leak from unknown sources.
It will prevent fake/virus/bugs/ads website/passworded files.
Of course leaks could also work, but it's safer to use known source.

edit:
But I agree that it's random and not everyone has this problem.
Some users even have the same symptom with other games (which tend to make me think that it's cIOS+HDD sleep timer related).

I had just finished LOZ:SS last night, but I'll grab the release you suggested since I know I'll be playing it again in the future. Do you by chance know the .rar of a good dump for metroid: other M?

edit:
If this request is out of line, please remove the post in it's entirety

nffcbelal

Trophies
XP
Country
My skyward sword game keeps messing up while playing against the earth temple boss, it doesnt respond to my controller and link keeps running in one direction ( i cant even use the home button or power button or anything) and it says my wiimote is still conected, and once i die the screen freezes.
Sometimes it just freezes without the whole controller problem, but the music in the back is still playing, any suggestions?
i've tried it on usb loader and wii flow and same problem btw,
bit new to all this soft modding stuff so sorry in advance if theres a simple solution which i've missed when i soft modded my wii

DAZA

Shaun's Mum
Trophies
XP
I have the issue where your on the ship and the octopus boss makes the holes in the ship, as you leave it cuts to a FMV and it freezes, ive tried it a few times, crashes at same spot, anyone else had the same issue and a resolve for it?

it hasnt crashed before and im quite far in

UrkeytaY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the issue where your on the ship and the octopus boss makes the holes in the ship, as you leave it cuts to a FMV and it freezes, ive tried it a few times, crashes at same spot, anyone else had the same issue and a resolve for it?

I am having the SAME problem. I have tried both the multi-fix release and the sushi NTSC release and both get the same freezing issue right after you run to the top of the ship and try to exit the door.

edit: I am using the latest version of CFG. Recently updated all IOS's with modmii before I even attempted to run the game...

DAZA

Shaun's Mum
Trophies
XP

I am having the SAME problem. I have tried both the multi-fix release and the sushi NTSC release and both get the same freezing issue right after you run to the top of the ship and try to exit the door.

edit: I am using the latest version of CFG. Recently updated all IOS's with modmii before I even attempted to run the game...

i found out the problem, i was using ocarina for unlimited running, so try disabling it if you have it running

UrkeytaY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Snap...I had thought about that and that was the only code I used. En route to give that shot...

!Update!

That totally worked! Good find!...thank you!

duffsta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have turned off Ocarina through my USB loader and have tried multiple 'default' settings through my usb loader, BUT STILL get stuck just before going through the door on upper deck for the Octopus boss.

I am soft-modded 3.2. with latest cMIOS. Any clues?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok