Dr.Norton

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have my dstt, everything works great.

I also have a empty 1gig slot 2 cart, that pretty much just has free space to put anything i want, would it be possibly to run a GBA rom file from slot 2 using DSTT to boot to slot-2?

just wondering if thats at all possible to Boot a GBA ROM from SLOT-2 using DSTT to boot to slot-2

thanks
smile.gif

Feels Good Man

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
You'll need to access the files from slot 2 by using slot 1 and then boot it. Not sure if there's anything out right now that boots stuff from slot 2 when you're using a slot-1 card.

I know about the browser thing but I dont think it it boots files.

neogba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well yeah, if it's a GBA cart, use the passme switch in the DSTT and your then runing from the GBA/Slot-2 device and it can do what it do.

You can not go back to DS without turning it off and back on.

I know, you want extra space for you DSTT but it doesn't work like that. I would put my GBA files and anything else that I could run on the slot-2 (SNES, homebrew) and therefore have more space on my slot-1 DSTT drive.

You probably have RAM (not drive space) in your slot-2 which is the only way to get RAM for your DS. You can use the RAM in a slot-2 from a slot-1 program. The SNES emulator does. DSLinux does.

I really like my RAM based $12 (no flash card) slot-2 Ewin GBA/RAM Expansion Pak (same one bundles with the DSTT) After it (auto) patches a game one time, it loads thereafter in about 4 seconds (from the slot-1 flash). The only way to GBA, is the GBA slot. See, we just wouldn't want a lacking slot-1 GBA emulator when the other side of the DS plays native GBA games.

Dr.Norton

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, its not RAM cart
and um.
No, I never said I wanted more space... any other assumptions? lolol

actually its a 1gig slot-2 cart that came with a datel pmp cart. was just wondering what kind of use i could make of it now that i Have my DSTT, but you do make me think maybe I should just run my Homebrew's from slot-2.. seems to load faster anyways heh.

yuuuuup

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr