Random Question about Slot-2

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by Dr.Norton, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Dr.Norton
    OP

Dr.Norton Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2006
    Canada
    Ontario
    I have my dstt, everything works great.

I also have a empty 1gig slot 2 cart, that pretty much just has free space to put anything i want, would it be possibly to run a GBA rom file from slot 2 using DSTT to boot to slot-2?

just wondering if thats at all possible to Boot a GBA ROM from SLOT-2 using DSTT to boot to slot-2

thanks [​IMG]

2. NeSchn

NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

Oct 4, 2007
    United States
    Troy,New York PimpStatus: King
    I think so, theres not hurt in trying it out.

3. Feels Good Man

Feels Good Man GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 15, 2007
    Canada
    You'll need to access the files from slot 2 by using slot 1 and then boot it. Not sure if there's anything out right now that boots stuff from slot 2 when you're using a slot-1 card.

I know about the browser thing but I dont think it it boots files.

4. neogba

neogba GBAtemp Regular

Jan 15, 2008
    United States
    Well yeah, if it's a GBA cart, use the passme switch in the DSTT and your then runing from the GBA/Slot-2 device and it can do what it do.

You can not go back to DS without turning it off and back on.

I know, you want extra space for you DSTT but it doesn't work like that. I would put my GBA files and anything else that I could run on the slot-2 (SNES, homebrew) and therefore have more space on my slot-1 DSTT drive.

You probably have RAM (not drive space) in your slot-2 which is the only way to get RAM for your DS. You can use the RAM in a slot-2 from a slot-1 program. The SNES emulator does. DSLinux does.

I really like my RAM based $12 (no flash card) slot-2 Ewin GBA/RAM Expansion Pak (same one bundles with the DSTT) After it (auto) patches a game one time, it loads thereafter in about 4 seconds (from the slot-1 flash). The only way to GBA, is the GBA slot. See, we just wouldn't want a lacking slot-1 GBA emulator when the other side of the DS plays native GBA games.

5. Dr.Norton
    OP

Dr.Norton Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2006
    Canada
    Ontario
    No, its not RAM cart
    and um.
    No, I never said I wanted more space... any other assumptions? lolol

actually its a 1gig slot-2 cart that came with a datel pmp cart. was just wondering what kind of use i could make of it now that i Have my DSTT, but you do make me think maybe I should just run my Homebrew's from slot-2.. seems to load faster anyways heh.

yuuuuup