XP
Country
Italy
The Pi said:
raulpica said:
I can't understand what you're saying.

...paying... for Photoshop?
unsure.gif

I thought you could download it for free!
tpi.gif

QUOTE said:
We do not condone piracy in any way.

Kupo_Nuts.jpg
That was why I wrote "THOUGHT"!
smileipb2.png

QUOTE( @ Dec 5 2010, 09:40 PM)
Yeah, because the only reason Photoshop exists is to make "screwed up celebrities" for "2 second joke". My least favourite part of Photoshop is it only lets you undo twice. Wanna get rid of that thing you messed up on three strokes ago? Fuck you! Too bad! Suck my dick, etc! It ain't happening, bitch!
Why do I have an undo-history which lets me undo up to something like 30 actions back?
unsure.gif

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm talking about paint.net as well. I've got and have used Photoshop 7 and the latest versions of paint.net and the GIMP, I can tell you that paint.net does not have half the features that even photoshop 7 has, let alone CS5.

You may be thinking of "photoshop elements"? That's a cut-back version of photoshop, it's nowhere near the features (or price) of the normal one.

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
raulpica said:
Yeah, because the only reason Photoshop exists is to make "screwed up celebrities" for "2 second joke". My least favourite part of Photoshop is it only lets you undo twice. Wanna get rid of that thing you messed up on three strokes ago? Fuck you! Too bad! Suck my dick, etc! It ain't happening, bitch!
Why do I have an undo-history which lets me undo up to something like 30 actions back?
unsure.gif
You missed out the name :3
Also: I have this as well...

updowners

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wizzerzak said:
And here's the really funny thing: I bet they get really pissed when they realize that there's another program called paint.NET which is absolutely FREE and does everything photoshop does and more. One of which is an infinite number of undos; photoshop can't even do 2 sometimes. Even better it starts of pretty simplistic and then you can download extra tools/effects as you need them. This means that it is super fast to load up, unlike photoshop which takes hours (OK not hours but sometimes up to 2 minutes).

wut

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
raulpica said:
My least favourite part of Photoshop is it only lets you undo twice. Wanna get rid of that thing you messed up on three strokes ago? Fuck you! Too bad! Suck my dick, etc! It ain't happening, bitch!
unsure.gif
Because you know what the alt key does
happy.gif

Yes there are alternatives to Photoshop that can do the same job just as well or wipe the floor with it depending on what you're using it for, don't assume you're the only person in the world to figure that one out. Photoshop's only a popular product because those other free programs sprung up afterwards, it's the industry standard for graphic work and as someone else pointed out, about 90% of Photoshop's users probably didn't pay a penny for it.

(Incidentally Photoshop isn't my program of choice, and I agree that the slow loading as it preloads all tools, fonts etc on startup rather than as you use them is a pain in the arse.)

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i'm kinda getting the feeling everyone hates me.......
sad.gif

and pysfira; you hit the nail on the head, that's sorta what i was aiming for...

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Rydian said:
What version of photoshop are you talking about, 4? Photoshop has and has always had an incredible number of features compared to paint.net. Hell, I've only got version 7, and it's still got at least twice as much shit.
O Rly?

Anyways, I don't have anything against Photoshop, I just prefer Paint.NET, or sometimes GIMP.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Wizzerzak said:
i'm kinda getting the feeling everyone hates me.......
sad.gif

and pysfira; you hit the nail on the head, that's sorta what i was aiming for...
Neither do I, nor I think anybody else does
biggrin.gif

Your point about the price is right, there are free alternatives, but Photoshop, even if not perfect, it's probably the one which has most features out there.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Photoshop has by and far the largest number of features of any image editor.

Now, I've never said they're features normal people use (most people don't even know what the fuck a colorspace is and don't care anyways), but saying paint.net has more features is incorrect.

... as is saying photoshop can only undo twice.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
raulpica said:
unsure.gif

WOOOOOSH!

That was the sound of my post going right over your head, raulpica
tongue.gif

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wizzerzak said:
sorry yh i meant my avatar, and i know it doesn't look like it was made on photoshop but i was trying to get my point across...
"My avatar looks like it was made with Photoshop"
"I know it doesn't actually look like it was made on Photoshop"

You've got a pretty skewed way of trying to get your point across.
unsure.gif

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
yh my school has it, version cs3 i think... i haven't it explored it thoroughly but i still haven't found the option to draw a simple shape...

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wizzerzak said:
yh my school has it, version 6 i think... i haven't it explored it thoroughly but i still haven't found the option to draw a simple shape...
Dunno about ver.6, but in 12
tpi.gif
the shape tool's like this:
PSCS5.jpg
It's the bit sticking out, and the tool bar at the top.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh