Hardware RAM upgrade (8 GB to 16 GB)

MegaGenesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello. I want to upgrade my PC's RAM. Currently i have 8 GB DDR4, and i want to upgrade to 16 GB. Since my Mobo has only two RAM slots, i have to replace both modules.
I'm currently using 2x4 GB DDR4 SDRAM Kingston KVR24N17S6/4.
What model/brand should i buy? I'm looking at these two models (since they are the same price here in my country)

*Kingston KVR24N17S8/8 - 1Rx8 1Gx64 Bit, 8 GB DDR4-2400 CL 17

*HyperX Fury HX424C15FB2/8 - 1Gx64 Bit, 8 GB DDR4-2400 CL 15

My build is:

Gigabyte H110M-S2PH (Rev 1.0)
Pentium G4560 3,5 GHz
Nvidia GT 1030 2 GB GDDR5
PSU: Corsair CX450

I know about the memory specifications of my MoBo, both models seen to match, i just want to know if its worth the trouble of using these HyperX modules. I like to play games, and this RAM upgrade is mainly to try Wii U emulation and future proof my build for many years. Anyone here know if these HyperX RAMs are trustworth? The plan is having 2 equal modules, for Dual Channel.

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They both seem to be from reputable brands, so I doubt one will be quantifiably more reliable than the other. Getting the one that is certified to work with your motherboard (if either) is the best bet for reliability. Always be sure to run a memory test as soon as you receive and install them.

Of the two, the HyperX is better from a performance standpoint as it has slightly lower latency than the Kingston. However, what difference (if any) that will make in real-world performance is minimal compared to what you will gain simply by doubling your memory size.

Reactions: CallmeBerto

r5xscn

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hello. I want to upgrade my PC's RAM. Currently i have 8 GB DDR4, and i want to upgrade to 16 GB. Since my Mobo has only two RAM slots, i have to replace both modules.
I'm currently using 2x4 GB DDR4 SDRAM Kingston KVR24N17S6/4.
What model/brand should i buy? I'm looking at these two models (since they are the same price here in my country)

*Kingston KVR24N17S8/8 - 1Rx8 1Gx64 Bit, 8 GB DDR4-2400 CL 17

*HyperX Fury HX424C15FB2/8 - 1Gx64 Bit, 8 GB DDR4-2400 CL 15

My build is:

Gigabyte H110M-S2PH (Rev 1.0)
Pentium G4560 3,5 GHz
Nvidia GT 1030 2 GB GDDR5
PSU: Corsair CX450

I know about the memory specifications of my MoBo, both models seen to match, i just want to know if its worth the trouble of using these HyperX modules. I like to play games, and this RAM upgrade is mainly to try Wii U emulation and future proof my build for many years. Anyone here know if these HyperX RAMs are trustworth? The plan is having 2 equal modules, for Dual Channel.

The timings are tighter for the HyperX, so its probably will perform better. Also, 2400 MHz is a bit slow nowadays (for futureproofing, since your mobo and processor probably won't allow memory oc above 2400 MHz). If you are planning to upgrade your processor and mobo in the near future, getting something around 3200 MHz CL16 would probably worth it. Furthermore, try getting Samsung B die/Micron E die/Hynix CJR if you are planning to OC your memory in the future.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kingston makes hyperx, its the same brand, I wouldnt really worry too much about the timing and such, its a fairly low end system so you wouldn't notice anything

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have the spare money I would consider going with some fast RAM at 32GB's. That way you can carry it forward in a new build down the road. Only something to think about :)

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wouldnt even focus on the ram, its not gonna make your system any faster, the only thing you'll notice is that Chrome tabs wont have to reload if you have like 150 tabs open. Time to upgrade

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

emulation is based on the PROCESSOR, not the ram... you would have to get a new cpu, motherboard, ram, gpu, and possibly anoth power supply to really do simple wiiu emulation

r5xscn

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
i wouldnt even focus on the ram, its not gonna make your system any faster, the only thing you'll notice is that Chrome tabs wont have to reload if you have like 150 tabs open. Time to upgrade

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

emulation is based on the PROCESSOR, not the ram... you would have to get a new cpu, motherboard, ram, gpu, and possibly anoth power supply to really do simple wiiu emulation

This one is probably the best answer here, upgrading your memory probably won't increase your emulation speed. Save your money for a future build.

Reactions: felix.200 and ry755

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny