Ram not properly installed inside my acer aspire

gengardenne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
*(The model is aspire tc 885 and it has only a clip on the left to block the stick).
Hello,I've recently bought a new Ram for my desktop PC upgrading it from 8 gb to 16.Now,it's not the first time I attempt to change a ram(I've already done this on my notebook some time ago),anyway I tried changing the stick for the new one and also replaced once again with the factory memory but now when I boot my pc it doesn't load at all and I hear a continous beeping.
I know for sure it'related to the motherboard not recognizing the Ram because not properly installed.Any help?
Everytime I put the stick inside the socket I don't hear any "click sound"to give me a signal I did the procedure Well.
If you have read until this point I want inform you I've added an audio of my pc when beeping to give further details

Last edited by gengardenne,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The beeping is likely a beep code. Poorly seated RAM is the obvious suspect but find whatever the beep code is for the BIOS and check to make sure it is not something else (might have knocked the CPU or something while in there). Some modern RAM is not quite as positively affixing as some older things and many laptops.

I would also note that you want to make sure it is in the right slots -- modern motherboards (and actually now some older ones) do prefer things to be paired up in the appropriate slots. I don't know what goes inside your particular model (not that we know the model).

If reseating has not worked then might be time to take it back to basics. Get one stick of the original RAM and try to get that running (possibly with nothing else that does not need to be there -- pull hard drives, graphics if you can, any external cards, USB headers... but I usually save that much effort for serious problems/unknown causes). After that build back up and try individual things until you narrow down on the faulty part, or maybe just user error.

gengardenne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The beeping is likely a beep code. Poorly seated RAM is the obvious suspect but find whatever the beep code is for the BIOS and check to make sure it is not something else (might have knocked the CPU or something while in there). Some modern RAM is not quite as positively affixing as some older things and many laptops.

I would also note that you want to make sure it is in the right slots -- modern motherboards (and actually now some older ones) do prefer things to be paired up in the appropriate slots. I don't know what goes inside your particular model (not that we know the model).

If reseating has not worked then might be time to take it back to basics. Get one stick of the original RAM and try to get that running (possibly with nothing else that does not need to be there -- pull hard drives, graphics if you can, any external cards, USB headers... but I usually save that much effort for serious problems/unknown causes). After that build back up and try individual things until you narrow down on the faulty part, or maybe just user error.
Hi,I've just updated my message to give more info including an audio file.
For the rest,yes I've used the slot where the factory stick was placed and I have not touched anything else except the interested part(always being very careful with components, not touchings chips and not putting too much pressure).I don't think my motherboard is corrupted also if I can't say it for sure atm.I saw this beeping is almost ever related to RAM issues and so what I'm worry about is the fact now I'm not in faculty to place it right as it was before I touched.I remember the Ram was stuck inside the slot and not moving easily while now also with poor strengh I see the Ram is not stuck correctly.

*I noti ed the Ram was not placed correctly so now the beeps are gone but the PC shuttle down after 2/3 second continuosly because only half of the Ram is placed fine I believe

Last edited by gengardenne,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-