Ragnarok DS Sprite Ripping Request

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by JeremiahLoh, Aug 8, 2011.

Aug 8, 2011
  1. JeremiahLoh
    OP

Newcomer JeremiahLoh Newbie

Malaysia
    I'm asking assistance if somebody can post a complete Sprite Sheet of the Dark Knight Class or if anybody can help me how to extract it from the ROM?

[​IMG]

Here is a sample if you need help looking for it?

2. Barubary

Newcomer Barubary Member

United States
    Since the heads appear to be customizable, I just picked one.

Male:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    Female:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

To get these yourself:
    - unpack the rom, for example using dslazy
    - decompress the files in the subfolders of chr (the folder structure makes it quite obvious what's stored where), for example using DSDecmp
    - View the NCLR/NCBR/NCER/NANR combinations with, for example, Oil of Vitriol.
    Alternatively, Tinke may work as well (0.7.2 either crashes or takes a really long time when decompressing the files for me).

3. JeremiahLoh
    OP

Newcomer JeremiahLoh Newbie

Malaysia
    Idk what's wrong the only files I'm seeing in Oil of Vitriol are that are from the body folder are, NCLR,NANR,NCBR & NCER. This I extracted via Tinke I pressed 'extract' then it finished extracting them I think. Then I used extract... and thats what I got.

I used DSBuff on another attempt but all I got were a list of folders and files in arm7,arm9,banner,header,y7 & y9. Ugggh I hate this sort of techno-dabbling... >_<

If you can do another one, just the bodies no need for the heads I was wondering if you can find the bodies for these sets:
    [​IMG]

4. Barubary

Newcomer Barubary Member

United States