Rabbids Go Home for the Wii! An adventure game!

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
More from the latest Nintendo Power issue.. The Raving Rabbids are getting a new game, and it's not another mini game collection!

QUOTE said:
- action/adventure game
- Rabbids have decided they want to go home, but they don’t know where home is. For whatever reason, they decide that the Moon is their destination
- Rabbids goal is to collect enough junk to build a tower to reach the moon
- control two Rabbids at once: one sits inside a shopping cart, another pushes
- push cart into various junk to collect it
- some items require extra steps to collect
- use ‘BWAH!’ attack to scare clothing off of NPCs, then collect to add to your tower
- other items are used to give rabbids new abilities, power-ups for their cart

bun.jpg

source: http://gonintendo.com/?p=77613

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
irpacynot said:
War said:
Come on [Ubisoft], just let the series die already :\

Looks like they are letting it die...the Rayman series, that is.
frown.gif

Pfft, they haven't been Rayman games at all, except for the first one.

Then Ubisoft realised the rabbids were far, far more popular, and pretty much left Rayman to rot.

Scum.

CockroachMan

OP
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
The rabbids are pretty cool IMO.. charismatic and funny characters.

Using them to make a "real" game on the Wii instead of another lame mini game collection is a great decision from Ubisoft IMO.

Don't see why all the complaining here, seems to me that Ubisoft is finally doing things right.

Pizzaroo

douchebag
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, and where the hell did Rayman go? Rayman Advance was my favorite GBA game, and now they replaced him with rabbits with ADHD. AHHHHHHHHHHH

Dylaan

Trophies
XP
Country
I bloody love the Rabbids! Not saying Rayman wasn't good but I'd also like to see a game that wasn't just a dodgy collab of minigames. This doesn't sound like what I was waiting for though heh...

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a far better idea than yet another mini game compilation and I can't see why we can't have this and a proper Rayman game.

The last proper new Rayman game was Rayman: Hoodlums' Revenge GBA, which was ok and before that there was very good Rayman 3. What I love about the main Rayman games was the distinctive look & the excellent worlds that they involved. Far better then Jax & Dexter anyway.

CockroachMan

OP
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Hadrian Uranium said:
This is a far better idea than yet another mini game compilation and I can't see why we can't have this and a proper Rayman game.

The last proper new Rayman game was Rayman: Hoodlums' Revenge GBA, which was ok and before that there was very good Rayman 3. What I love about the main Rayman games was the distinctive look & the excellent worlds that they involved. Far better then Jax & Dexter anyway.

Rayman Raving Rabbids on the DS was a proper Rayman game, which got a lot of bad reviews, but I thought was a pretty fun game.

Sooner or later, Ubisoft will bring him back.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
What I love about the main Rayman games was the distinctive look & the excellent worlds that they involved. Far better then Jax & Dexter anyway.
Absolutely, I loved Rayman Revolution/Rayman 2 and Rayman 3 (contrary to most people I didn't like Rayman Advance/Rayman PSX, just because I suck at 2D platforming games aha), and I'd love more than anything to see a new iteration on the Wii. I'm irritated it's another Rabbids game, but at least they're making an adventure game this time around. The concept doesn't sound too fantastic though, but I guess we'll see.
And Jak & Daxter was amazing
ohmy.gif
. Perhaps not up to the level of Rayman Revolution/Rayman 2, but certainly better than Rayman 3 IMO.

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hadrian Uranium said:

I agree other than the "Jak and Daxter" comment, I think that series is better than Rayman IMO.
I like that they're fading from the minigame genre, Just the plot and how its played sounds odd. Hopefully more light will be shed on it upon getting closer to release date.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be fair, the Jak and Daxter series is a lot different from the Rayman series. Jak and Daxter is the more traditional 3D platformer like Mario 64 and Banjo Kazooie where you explore huge levels and collect various objects and accomplish goals. The Rayman series has collectibles as well, but there is a clear beginning and end to the levels and a set pathway to the end. It's not anywhere as linear as the Crash Bandicoot series, but it did steer you to a set goal.

I love Rayman 1-3. I played them in order and each gave me a unique and incredible experience. Rayman 1 had some of the most gorgeous 2D hand drawn graphics I've EVER seen and one of the best music soundtracks I've ever heard as well. Rayman 2 and 3 were huge departures, but apparently they were reboots of sorts, so that's ok.

Hope this turns out well. I also hope Ubisoft does a REAL traditional Rayman game in the future too.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CockroachMan said:
The rabbids are pretty cool IMO.. charismatic and funny characters.

Using them to make a "real" game on the Wii instead of another lame mini game collection is a great decision from Ubisoft IMO.

Don't see why all the complaining here, seems to me that Ubisoft is finally doing things right.
+1 don't understand all the bitching. I think this could be really good. Ever since I heard about the rabbids I loved them. But then I realized it was a mini gam compilation...

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, Rabbid GTA clone, Rabbid Katamari clone, or a crappy shoulda been a wiiware game crap fest.
Considering theres only one real objective, it kinda sounds like a wiiware game almost.
Unless they pile on a bunchs boring missions.
Truethfully I just wanna see a new rayman adventure game with the rabbids as the enemy like it was hinted at during the Wii's launch.

Overall I'm gonna guess its a GTA clone. What with GBA for Wii rumors floating about.
Who wouldn't want to jump in on the bandwagon on a console already doing so well.

I do like the rabbid's "Bwaaahh" noise though, something fun about that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F