Hacking R5SDHC Run 18 Roms Video updated here!

ieatpixels

Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone translate what happens in the video? It looks like he has trouble switching games, I notice he ejects the cartridge a few times and reboots the system.
I'm interested what compatibility issues actual happen when you have more than 10 roms.

LurkerA

㊣New3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad to hear that, that means my SKY3ds can also play more than 10 games if that' true, cause R5 just use the exactly same PCB with SKY3ds. :grog:

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I don't get where you are coming from with me saying that people hate Team Gateway = I love them. Because you are making points I don't disagree with, but somehow making it seem like I do. :wink: I think a lot of people are enraged with Team Gateway, especially since the bricking incidents and such, and have finally found their holy grail. That's all I'm implying. And it's true in a lot of cases... go read back on the humongous Sky3DS thread.
I see what you mean. Welp, whatever makes them happy. ;)

Criznittle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First and foremost, we shouldn't have any feelings attached to Gateway or anybody else in that business - they're all taking your money. The kernel exploit Gateway uses doesn't even need a flashcart to run backups - they could just as easily run from the SD slot like EmuNAND, but that's not very profitable now, is it? You're paying them to run pirated software, let's not sugarcoat this - they're not a charity. They don't "like" you, they like your money.

i doubt that, i'm pretty sure they like me regardless of my money

Sonicx64

任豚好騙!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone translate what happens in the video? It looks like he has trouble switching games, I notice he ejects the cartridge a few times and reboots the system.
I'm interested what compatibility issues actual happen when you have more than 10 roms.

He said in his last video he used a 16GB card so he could only fit 11 games this time he is using a 32GB card. He says he can't guarantee the hack will work on SKY3DS 100% because he is using R5SDHC. He said that the card can hold an unlimited amount of games depending on the software used to put in the games, but he only put 18 on the card because he was in a hurry to get the video out. The video is 38 minutes long so I'm not gonna watch and translate the whole thing, but interesting stuff.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm trying to get a review copy from this reseller so we can settle this issue, but they want to see proof on our homepage. Foxi4 could you help me out with this?
We're actually working on getting a sample too, and if we do cover it, it will be on the front page just like the sky3DS was. ;)

Reactions: Ryukouki

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
But it's going to blow up in their face as soon as people figure out how to get around it easily and no one will buy their shit anymore.

Ummm... I'm pretty sure that once people figure out how to get around it easily, there will be more people who will buy 'their shit'...

I can open 100 tabs in my browser, but my system is old and that is likely unwise. Stability might be the problem as they have claimed. We will know soon.

A very valid comparison, if you were trying to play more than 10 games at the same time on your 3DS....

Reactions: MarkDarkness

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to get a review copy from this reseller so we can settle this issue, but they want to see proof on our homepage. Foxi4 could you help me out with this?

Already sent out an email to my typical resellers, awaiting reply. ;) As Foxi said, you'll hear from us if anything happens. :)

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
We're actually working on getting a sample too, and if we do cover it, it will be on the front page just like the sky3DS was. ;)
Already sent out an email to my typical resellers, awaiting reply. ;) As Foxi said, you'll hear from us if anything happens. :)
Lol, I see this is a reporter job... I'll leave it up to our guys. :P

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
So I guess this is the latest trend? Write limited carts? I'd love to hear a detailed, technical explanation of the limits other than money. Even if the cart bypassed the region lock I find it hard to support this

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
So I guess this is the latest trend? Write limited carts? I'd love to hear a detailed, technical explanation of the limits other than money. Even if the cart bypassed the region lock I find it hard to support this
As far as we know, there are no true technical limits to the 10 game limit.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ten games is actually fairly generous. A lot of older chips required the user to manually have to flash a new game each time. In this case, the price point may be high, but overall you're actually saving money. Assuming USD gaming prices, at $39.99 a pop, and multiplied by ten, you're paying near $400 USD. This chip costs around $90, so you're technically only paying about $9 per game. This chip breaks new ground because it gives people who updated their console an opportunity to explore the 3DS and what it has to offer - I know plenty of people who would love this, and the fact that its extremely easy to use makes for a decent competition if you're not able to use Gateway.

The honest truth is that a LOT of people are spoiled from the R4 era of flash chips - chips that held hundreds of games for a couple of bucks. The first generations of DS chips cost well within three figures and couldn't do half of what the chips today are capable of.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since