spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
OK, I've added a third menu item, so if you want to load some sort of gba loader instead of oboting slot-2 directly you can. However, if you still wish to boot slot-2, just set gbaMenu=bootgba in r4menu.ini.

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
spinal_cord said:
OK, I've added a third menu item, so if you want to load some sort of gba loader instead of oboting slot-2 directly you can. However, if you still wish to boot slot-2, just set gbaMenu=bootgba in r4menu.ini.
Yay thank you!
biggrin.gif

I'm not sure but is it possible to touch the icons in original R4?

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Mario92 said:
spinal_cord said:
Yay thank you!
biggrin.gif

I'm not sure but is it possible to touch the icons in original R4?

It probably is, maybe I'll remember that if I update this again
tongue.gif

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
VatoLoco said:
Nice, Spinal, yer a frenzy of homebrew fury lately =).

i wonder if this'll run on the slot-2 MaxMediaDock? I wanna test it, but i lent my MMD out, (so my buddy could watch some TrailerParkBoys)

If its compiled with a recent libfat, no it won't. Recent versions of libfat seem to have broken some compatibility with slot 2 cards (although not completely for all cards apparently) and I can't use anything compiled recently on my MMD
frown.gif

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a few suggestions:
-Add the missing icon glowing effect (from the original R4 menu)
-Add the missing fading transition effect (also from the original R4 menu)
-Be able to change the text at the bottom (so the third icon actually tells you what it boots, so it doesn't say "Boot Slot-2" when you're actually booting something else)
-Add the option of changing the version number and the "R4DS English version" texts.
-Add touch control.

Sorry to be picky, but it'd be perfect with all of these suggestions.

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
gamefreak94 said:
Why would you want this. Every other GUI is better than the R4's.
There are like millions of themes for R4 and also its simplier to choose between YSMenu, Moonshl2 and GBA. Also if someone is using DScovered its more convinient.
If it would be possible to change text then it would be like multiboot menu and translationable
tongue.gif

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mario92 said:
gamefreak94 said:
Why would you want this. Every other GUI is better than the R4's.
There are like millions of themes for R4 and also its simplier to choose between YSMenu, Moonshl2 and GBA. Also if someone is using DScovered its more convinient.
If it would be possible to change text then it would be like multiboot menu and translationable
tongue.gif
Can you not change text with themes?

If you can, this should be pretty sweet.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm just hoping the theme limit can be taken off, because as amusing as it is, its not that fun going to the ini to edit the theme number when the theme goes past 12, though I like the fact that it doesn't ask if you really want to swap the theme (that always made it a bother for me for some odd reason)

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SifJar said:
VatoLoco said:
Nice, Spinal, yer a frenzy of homebrew fury lately =).

i wonder if this'll run on the slot-2 MaxMediaDock? I wanna test it, but i lent my MMD out, (so my buddy could watch some TrailerParkBoys)

If its compiled with a recent libfat, no it won't. Recent versions of libfat seem to have broken some compatibility with slot 2 cards (although not completely for all cards apparently) and I can't use anything compiled recently on my MMD
frown.gif

I can confirm it works fine on MMD. Pretty nice too, although it seems to take a bit longer than other homebrew loaders to load the selection (maybe just me, I was pretty tired when I tried it), and also, no touch screen control? I haven't used an R4 to know if it had it, but I always guessed it did, and would have like it here...

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I has a bug to report.

Using my Acekard 2i (DLDI-patched, using it as akmenu4.nds), it takes much longer to load on a DSi compared to a DS or a DS lite. I think it has something to do with the missing Slot-2.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
YayMii said:
I has a bug to report.

Using my Acekard 2i (DLDI-patched, using it as akmenu4.nds), it takes much longer to load on a DSi compared to a DS or a DS lite. I think it has something to do with the missing Slot-2.

All of my stiff does that. I'm sure it has something to do with the outdated dev tools I'm using. It's not the loading that is the problem, its the FAT init.

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
spinal_cord said:
YayMii said:
I has a bug to report.

All of my stiff does that. I'm sure it has something to do with the outdated dev tools I'm using. It's not the loading that is the problem, its the FAT init.
That's why I stopped supporting MoonShell2Tools Legacy(DevKitARM r21 edition). r21 libfat is really slow(The reason MoonShell(2) is fast is it uses legacy gba_nds_fat).Only r30 edition is supported...

BTW I think the latest PAlib supports DKARM >=r27, right?

PS Spinal, consider removing libfat/source/disc_io/io_*.{h,c} (other than dldi)
# http://kkamagui.egloos.com/3328940 (libfat-src-20070127, compatible with r20/r21)

Why MoonShell Simply is slow to start? Because it attempts to unlock M3Ext Slot2 RAM.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: