Hacking R4iSDHC - update to 1.42 firmware after updating DSi to 1.4.2?

SomeWeirdo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey everyone, I was wondering if it is possible to upgrade my R4iSDHC RTS to 1.42 after updating my DSi XL to 1.4.2. I was pretty stupid and did the updates in the wrong order, and now the DS just displays the "An error has occurred." screen when I start my R4.
I couldn't find anything on Google. Am I screwed? I do not own another kind of DS handheld.

Laughlyn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can update the 1.4.1 cards on the r4i-gold.com and r4i-sdhc.com but i tried it earlier on a DSLite (my XL was updated by accident by my son) and it ran for about 2ours perfoming the update and then when i checked it, it had failed and its knackered my r4i-gold card. swapping SD card wont work as its the cartridges FW thats been buggered so it may be worth just spenindg the $20 on the new 1.4.2 cars and keeping older one for emergencies (i use my bog standard R4 for DS to use wood for pokemon)

SomeWeirdo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sausage Head said:
what's your manufacturer's site?

r4isdhc.com

Laughlyn said:
You can update the 1.4.1 cards on the r4i-gold.com and r4i-sdhc.com but i tried it earlier on a DSLite (my XL was updated by accident by my son) and it ran for about 2ours perfoming the update and then when i checked it, it had failed and its knackered my r4i-gold card. swapping SD card wont work as its the cartridges FW thats been buggered so it may be worth just spenindg the $20 on the new 1.4.2 cars and keeping older one for emergencies (i use my bog standard R4 for DS to use wood for pokemon)

Okay, I'm planning on buying an Acekard 2i or Supercard DSTWO Evolution if I can't get my R4 to work.

NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii said:
QUOTE(SomeWeirdo @ Jun 24 2011, 04:53 AM)
So there's absolutely no way to get it to work now? Do I have to buy a new card?
No. Get an update patch for your card and run it on a DSLite/Phat/non-updated DSi. Problem solved.

Like I said in my original post, I don't own another kind of DS system.

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
SomeWeirdo said:
Sausage Head said:
what's your manufacturer's site?

r4isdhc.com

Laughlyn said:

Okay, I'm planning on buying an Acekard 2i or Supercard DSTWO Evolution if I can't get my R4 to work.

NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii said:
QUOTE(SomeWeirdo @ Jun 24 2011, 04:53 AM)
So there's absolutely no way to get it to work now? Do I have to buy a new card?
No. Get an update patch for your card and run it on a DSLite/Phat/non-updated DSi. Problem solved.

Like I said in my original post, I don't own another kind of DS system.
You can download the 1.4.2 firmware patch from here but you need either an DSi on 1.4.1 or lower or a DS/DSl to run the patch.

The reality is all the cards from www.r4isdhc.com suck and they usually abandon them after 6 months so that they can make money selling you new crap card. Buy a pre-updated AceKard 2i as they are much better or a SCDS2 and you can update without the need for another DSi or DS/DSl.

SomeWeirdo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Buleste said:
The reality is all the cards from www.r4isdhc.com suck and they usually abandon them after 6 months so that they can make money selling you new crap card. Buy a pre-updated AceKard 2i as they are much better or a SCDS2 and you can update without the need for another DSi or DS/DSl.

They are indeed pretty bad, I've experienced a lot of slowdowns and software incompatibility with my card. Okay, since it seems to be impossible to make it work, I'm gonna buy an Acekard or a Supercard.

Thanks for the help, guys!

Alexsuliter

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
uk.r4ds-dsi.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
You need an un-upgrade console to upgrade your R4i SDHC V1.4.1 to V1.4.2. Just download the upgrade file and following instruction of upgrade R4i SDHC V1.4.1 to V1.4.2 to upgrade your flashcard.No need to buy a new one.

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
Alexsuliter said:
You need an un-upgrade console to upgrade your R4i SDHC V1.4.1 to V1.4.2. Just download the upgrade file and following instruction of upgrade R4i SDHC V1.4.1 to V1.4.2 to upgrade your flashcard.No need to buy a new one.
Thats the upgrade files for the wrong r4i-sdhc. The one the OP has is the www.r4isdhc.com the one you posted a link for is the ww.r4i-sdhc.com. The main difference in the two is that www.r4isdhc.com were responsible for the "Happy Box" card a few years ago.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao now I can live the life of Juan...