R4iSDHC - update to 1.42 firmware after updating DSi to 1.4.2?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by SomeWeirdo, Jun 23, 2011.

1. SomeWeirdo
    OP

Newcomer SomeWeirdo Newbie

Sweden
    Hey everyone, I was wondering if it is possible to upgrade my R4iSDHC RTS to 1.42 after updating my DSi XL to 1.4.2. I was pretty stupid and did the updates in the wrong order, and now the DS just displays the "An error has occurred." screen when I start my R4.
    I couldn't find anything on Google. Am I screwed? I do not own another kind of DS handheld.

2. Sausage Head

Banned Sausage Head Lord Sausage LXIX

Netherlands
    You are. You'll need to perform an update on a system that does not have 1.4.2 (if one is released)

3. SomeWeirdo
    OP

Sweden
    So there's absolutely no way to get it to work now? Do I have to buy a new card?

4. Sausage Head

Banned Sausage Head Lord Sausage LXIX

Netherlands
    what's your manufacturer's site?

5. Laughlyn

Newcomer Laughlyn Advanced Member

United States
    You can update the 1.4.1 cards on the r4i-gold.com and r4i-sdhc.com but i tried it earlier on a DSLite (my XL was updated by accident by my son) and it ran for about 2ours perfoming the update and then when i checked it, it had failed and its knackered my r4i-gold card. swapping SD card wont work as its the cartridges FW thats been buggered so it may be worth just spenindg the $20 on the new 1.4.2 cars and keeping older one for emergencies (i use my bog standard R4 for DS to use wood for pokemon)

6. NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Member NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU Now with extra redundancy!

Australia
    No. Get an update patch for your card and run it on a DSLite/Phat/non-updated DSi. Problem solved.

7. SomeWeirdo
    OP

Sweden

Like I said in my original post, I don't own another kind of DS system.

8. Buleste

Member Buleste Old Fart

United Kingdom
    You can download the 1.4.2 firmware patch from here but you need either an DSi on 1.4.1 or lower or a DS/DSl to run the patch.

The reality is all the cards from www.r4isdhc.com suck and they usually abandon them after 6 months so that they can make money selling you new crap card. Buy a pre-updated AceKard 2i as they are much better or a SCDS2 and you can update without the need for another DSi or DS/DSl.

9. SomeWeirdo
    OP

Sweden
    They are indeed pretty bad, I've experienced a lot of slowdowns and software incompatibility with my card. Okay, since it seems to be impossible to make it work, I'm gonna buy an Acekard or a Supercard.

Thanks for the help, guys!

10. Alexsuliter

Newcomer Alexsuliter Member

China
    You need an un-upgrade console to upgrade your R4i SDHC V1.4.1 to V1.4.2. Just download the upgrade file and following instruction of upgrade R4i SDHC V1.4.1 to V1.4.2 to upgrade your flashcard.No need to buy a new one.

11. Buleste

Member Buleste Old Fart

United Kingdom
    Thats the upgrade files for the wrong r4i-sdhc. The one the OP has is the www.r4isdhc.com the one you posted a link for is the ww.r4i-sdhc.com. The main difference in the two is that www.r4isdhc.com were responsible for the "Happy Box" card a few years ago.