R4iSDHC-DualCore v2015

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Dracari, May 28, 2015.

1. Dracari
    OP

Dracari GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2009
    United States
    i purchased the R4iSDHC 2015 card from PeachDS's Store page, it's due to arrive on friday , and i want to be ready for what FW i may/maynot need to update, if it uses Wood or YSMenu, and it being a "Dual Core" Card as i doubt there really is any outside the DSTwo, if theres any specific Emulators designed for it.

(ordering from them was painless and there was Quick communication when i noticed a second after i payed the billing address differed from what PayPal left in the shipping notes.)

i bought the card atleast w/ the intent to replace my AceKard 2i (its an older card before they changed the sticker to say "DS/DSi/3DS Compatible" (it just says DSi Compatible) and retire my old DSi so i can just use my 3DSXL even if it eventually gets FW Blocked ehh it'll serve atleast a flat out newer card that will replace teh ak2i (the microSD slot's spring on it is beginning to give out.)

DreiGenesis likes this.
  2. nxwing

nxwing GBAtemp Addict

Jul 22, 2013
    Philippines
    The Capital
    I feel sorry for you. The cart you chose has a bad tendency of releasing new revisions every year and if it gets blocked, only the new ones will get support.

It doesn't use Wood, or YSMenu. It isn't really Dual Core as they say and there are no special emulators for it. It does support the latest DSi and 3DS FW.

According to people here on the temp, its menu is shitty and ugly and some people used Moonshell instead to load games.

3. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Addict

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    The card's OS is just slow as hell and can't be replaced.

4. GhostLatte

GhostLatte Yet Another Shitposter

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    The University of Shitpostology
    YSMenu runs on mine :P

5. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    they could as well said it had an Xeon 8-core processor, or had NSA technology.. sue them if you can!
    the dual core is misleading.. it doesn't mean anything.. thats a card just like any other (but more slow and with no wood menu)

and note this is not peachds fault (the only thing they did is selling only 1 DS MODE card and not one of the best)