R4iSDHC Dual Core Freezes when playing games

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Counting2Zero, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Counting2Zero
    OP

Counting2Zero Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2013
    United States
    Bootie, Merseyside, United Kingdom
    Hello I am new to this site so if there is a fix for this already I apologize. I recently bought an R4 SDHC Dual Core 2013 from http://www.r4isdhc.com/download_white_new2013/. I formatted the card with SDFormatter Full(overwrite) File Format on, then moved the new firmware and kernel onto the card anf flashed it with my fiance's ds. When I put it in my 3DS the card boots and brings me to the menu but when I load any games they play for a few minutes then freeze in random places. I've tried the paper trick, setting the date back a few years, reformatting. Should I install YSMenu? From what I understand it's outdated and doesn't work with these cards. Did I buy a fake? Anyone else with this problem?

2. stephysanrio

stephysanrio GBAtemp Regular

Jun 26, 2012
    United States
    Miami
    no no no... always use the kernel straight from the manufacturer ONLY.
    Can you try an older kernel? that might fix your issue... I noticed the new kernel is having problems with some games (ie: stuck at white screen / loading screen)

r4 dual core 2013 is a clone...
    stick to r4i gold or better yet supercard dstwo ^_^

3. Counting2Zero
    OP

Counting2Zero Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2013
    United States
    Thanks for the reply! not sure if r4isdhc.com has their older firmware. I'll have to check.

4. aeroreyna

aeroreyna Member

Newcomer
    Jul 4, 2013
    Mexico
    Tuxtla Gutiérrez, Chiapas
    I have the same problem, but it only happend to me in the pokemon games, it freeze at a few minutes, and the new kernel doesn't work to me, i use wood 1.51.

If you find the solution please tell me.

5. Squall Leonhart

Squall Leonhart GBAtemp Regular

Mar 12, 2010
    freezing in pokemon is SD card speed related.

6. Counting2Zero
    OP

Counting2Zero Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2013
    United States
    I don't see how it could be sd related, I've tried it with several sds, formatting them all. Are you ssuggesting I purchase an actual micro sdhc card? Also anyone know where I could get the r4isdhcwhite 1.48 release?

7. micky johnston

micky johnston Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2013
  8. danymidzero

danymidzero Member

Newcomer
    Jul 5, 2013
    Mexico
    I'm testing with micro SD ADATA, according to my supplier are better than kingston, when I finished testing, I inform

9. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Well kingston's a reseller, not a manufacturer, so quality control with them is meh.