Hacking R4iSDHC Brightness

Gyron_Oldvic

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There are the files that I've used in order to run Moonshell 2.10 with the capability of load comercial roms.. I needed to use the oficial firmware of my flash and then select the media menu.

Ok. Copy 'moonshl2.nds' from 'moonshl2' to root of SD card. Edit config in 'extlink' to 'autoboot=0'
Use the 'R4.dat' attached. It should boot directly to Moonshell. As far as loading commercial roms goes, you'll have to read one of the tutorials on the forum for that. Moonshell is just a headache for me.

Attachments

• R4.rar
    212.6 KB · Views: 115

kratoz29

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok. Copy 'moonshl2.nds' from 'moonshl2' to root of SD card. Edit config in 'extlink' to 'autoboot=0'
Use the 'R4.dat' attached. It should boot directly to Moonshell. As far as loading commercial roms goes, you'll have to read one of the tutorials on the forum for that. Moonshell is just a headache for me.

Absolutely amazing sir! I have no words to describe how much I'm thankfully to you for your kindly help!

Just a few final notes:

- I didn't needed to change the config .ini from the folder extlink because if I did it it will autoboot the YSMenu from my TTmenu folder I think every time that I run a game from moonshell.
- And a mistake of my part, I noticed some kind of weird bug that If I do a soft reset it will re-charge the current game, that's why because I left the TTMenu.dat file straight from the retrogamefan folder, and the needed one is an old file that I've patched previously, now the softeset works exactly as it supposed to be, brings me back to moonshell.

Thanks again, I've accomplished exactly what I wanted since the beginning (many different boots and a improved menu for my card).

I can share "our" work in here if people are interested in.

EDIT: a little question... in case that my original firware gets updated obviously I need to use another R4.DAT file... can I still the modify one? or I would need to re-modify it?

Gyron_Oldvic

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Absolutely amazing sir! I have no words to describe how much I'm thankfully to you for your kindly help!

Just a few final notes:

- I didn't needed to change the config .ini from the folder extlink because if I did it it will autoboot the YSMenu from my TTmenu folder I think every time that I run a game from moonshell.
- And a mistake of my part, I noticed some kind of weird bug that If I do a soft reset it will re-charge the current game, that's why because I left the TTMenu.dat file straight from the retrogamefan folder, and the needed one is an old file that I've patched previously, now the softeset works exactly as it supposed to be, brings me back to moonshell.

Thanks again, I've accomplished exactly what I wanted since the beginning (many different boots and a improved menu for my card).

I can share "our" work in here if people are interested in.

EDIT: a little question... in case that my original firware gets updated obviously I need to use another R4.DAT file... can I still the modify one? or I would need to re-modify it?

Glad we got it sorted. When I left the config on autoboot=1, I ended up in some kind of loop when I started YSMenu from Moonshell. Mind you, I had a bunch of files on my SD I was testing.

Did you mean the kernel or firmware?
If you mean firmware. If one is released, you would flash it using latest kernel (including the original R4.dat) from the manufacturers website, then you could go back to using YSMenu/Moonshell with the modified R4.dat.
If you mean the kernel. Then you would only use the files from the manufacturers website (including the latest R4.dat) if you wanted to go back to using the clone DSTT menu.
If you intend on sticking to YSMenu/Moonshell, then you don't need to update your R4.dat. Just stick to the modified R4.dat i gave you. It is just a boot file. RetroGameFan provides updates, fixes and cheats in the form of dat files. These are then patched via YSMenu itself.

Post the working moonshell. It was giving me a headache last night.

kratoz29

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Glad we got it sorted. When I left the config on autoboot=1, I ended up in some kind of loop when I started YSMenu from Moonshell. Mind you, I had a bunch of files on my SD I was testing.

Weird... I needed to change this setting in order to boot the game.

Did you mean the kernel or firmware?
If you mean firmware. If one is released, you would flash it using latest kernel (including the original R4.dat) from the manufacturers website, then you could go back to using YSMenu/Moonshell with the modified R4.dat.
If you mean the kernel. Then you would only use the files from the manufacturers website (including the latest R4.dat) if you wanted to go back to using the clone DSTT menu.
If you intend on sticking to YSMenu/Moonshell, then you don't need to update your R4.dat. Just stick to the modified R4.dat i gave you. It is just a boot file. RetroGameFan provides updates, fixes and cheats in the form of dat files. These are then patched via YSMenu itself.

Glad to know that is that easy... leaving aside that... would you mine to share a tutorial and how did you modified the .dat files? I think that would be very handy for some users here (obviously including me) I think you just needed to put this root to boot:

/Moonshl2.nds but i've never did that before.

Post the working moonshell. It was giving me a headache last night.

I want to... what is the best way to upload a large file here?

what tool did you used to compress the files you've passed to me? I've noticed they're too small.

BTW I own too a R4i SDHC 2013 from the same website and I wanted to manage this thing as we did, but I think I've screwed it all...

Firstly I wanted to test YSMenu and tried the same Retrogamefan folder to dual boot, my surprise was that doing this killed my flash... it suddenly got a black and white screen and it won't boot anymore (the spongebob icon doesn't appear in my ds) do you have an idea of what can I do???

It doesn't matter if the flash has or hasn't a micro sd.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Weird... I needed to change this setting in order to boot the game.

Glad to know that is that easy... leaving aside that... would you mine to share a tutorial and how did you modified the .dat files? I think that would be very handy for some users here (obviously including me) I think you just needed to put this root to boot:

/Moonshl2.nds but i've never did that before.

I think that DSOrganize has an alternative boot for Moonshell but I don't think YSMenu has one. Anyway the tutorial: http://gbatemp.net/threads/retrogamefan-updates-releases.267243/

I want to... what is the best way to upload a large file here?
Upload it to www.filetrip.net and post the link here. Filetrip belongs to gbatemp.

what tool did you used to compress the files you've passed to me? I've noticed they're too small.
You can either use WinRAR for very small files (*.rar) or the build in Windows tool for ZIP (Send to-> ZIP container)

BTW I own too a R4i SDHC 2013 from the same website and I wanted to manage this thing as we did, but I think I've screwed it all...

Firstly I wanted to test YSMenu and tried the same Retrogamefan folder to dual boot, my surprise was that doing this killed my flash... it suddenly got a black and white screen and it won't boot anymore (the spongebob icon doesn't appear in my ds) do you have an idea of what can I do???

It doesn't matter if the flash has or hasn't a micro sd.
Try to format the MicroSD and put the kernel back on the card. It really shouldn't be bricked by YSMENU.

kratoz29

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks ill try that page to upload the files...

Regarding to the old R4 I don't know what else can I do... It isn't about the micro sd, my DS doesn't recognize the flash with or without the micro sd, indeed I have another what exactly the same model and it is detected correctly with or without the micro sd (the sponge bob icon)

I didn't thought that YSMenu could be the culprit but this happened right before I've opened the YSMenu.nds file...

e1316b75046061f39be8ecf0dcce1c98.jpg

From there it just doesn't recognize it...

PurpleRose328

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
@Gyron Hi! I had the same issue and it was now fixed thanks to you. I tried the link you provided to autoboot YSMenu but my access was denied. Would it be possible for you to resend a link? Thank you in advance!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up