Hacking R4i-SDHC v1.4 - getting red error message you must upgrade

carlyounguk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys

Looking for assistance - I have an r4i-sdhc v1.4 card. I have verified it on their webpage www.r4i-sdhc.com as being a 'genuine' version using their truth inquiry. This card was working fine until today when I received an error message with a picture of a memory card and error on it. I took the 4gig card out of it and checked it on the pc and the moonshell menu software was corrupted on it.

I have since replaced the software from the original version I had downloaded that was working and I now get further in - I can select the moonshell software, get to the game/media/slot2 options but when I select game I get a black screen with an error message in red writing 'please upgrade the hardware for support latest firmware'. I have tried v 1.12b and the latest version off the website www.r4i-sdhc.com which is 1.14b but no changes.

Does anyone have any suggestions or has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks in advance!

C

carlyounguk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just tried - same error message
frown.gif

carlyounguk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have tried the non 1.4 firmware and 1.09b and neither work. It was previously running 1.12b fir the v1.4 and that no longer works. I think somehow something in the card has gone wrong.

GbDsiEagle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Check your micro SDHC card, look in the R4iMenu folder, if you only have the R4I.SAV file then the folder is corrupted.

Copy everything from your SDHC to your hard drive format the SDHC and copy everything back except the R4iMenu folder. Download the latest Kernel update from www.R4i-SDHC.COM V1.23b dated June 14, 2010 and install the update.

I had the same message and this worked for me.

Hope this helps you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: