Hacking R4i SDHC - "r4-v.com" - white screen - no working firmware

JustSuds

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm aware that ALL R4 cards that have anything other than "R4DS" on them are fake/clones. But most of them still work.

I bought an R4i SDHC card earlier today, it looks exactly the same as the "Official" ones, but the website written on it is "www.r4-v.com". I've tried pretty much everything I can think of/find anything on google that works. I've been at it for around four hours. lol.

It has a yellow V1.4 sticker on it, and the word "upgrade".

Things i've tried:

Firmwares in the zips R4i English V1.14b, en_1.55.rar, software-r4isdhc.zip, ENGLISH.rar, R4-R4i-English-V1.zip, and English_1.4(1).rar. All from different sources/forum posts/"Official" websites.

The issue:

No matter what I try, I get a white screen for about two seconds, then a split-second flash of black, followed by a white screen for eternity.

Does anyone have an R4i SDHC from www.r4-v.com that works? What firmware are you using? Did you have issues? Is the white screen symptomatic of a different issue?

Other details:

I've tried four different SD cards, of sizes between 2gb and 8gb, one is not an SDHC.

The whitescreen/blackflash still occurs on a DS Lite, (my main is a DSi).

Some of the firmwares I mentioned were based on TT firmware. (going by the TTMENU folder in the zips. lol)

JustSuds

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I dont get a menu of any kind. So, the problem is booting the card.

I follow these steps: Turn DSi On --> DSi Menu --> (Choose "Star Wars Lethal Alliance Ubisoft") --> White Screen

grimtooth

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
did you try the card on a dslite?
did you place the firmware in the root directory of your micro sd card?
when you look at the r4i card, just above the gold contacts does it say: R4i-SDHC 5 or R4i-SDHC 6 ?
also try to format your micro sd with a program, such as "the panasonic sd formatter".

h8isgr8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hundshamer said:
What color is the PCB board?

I just took a look at some of their downloads. From what I can tell....

Green/Yellow PCB = Acekard2i clone
Red PCB = DSTTi clone

Green/Yellow PCB cards try to load any file named _DS_MENU.DAT at start. The red PCB variety try to load any file named R4i.TP.

grindbart

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Jackthelad said:
JustSuds said:
lol. yes, i've tried that firmware, and my DSi is at v1.4a

if you are running V1.4 on your DSi, then your DSi is blocked from using flashcarts

not if the card contains a game header of a orginal game to fake the DSi,could be that the card is broken
wink.gif

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You go to the website on the cart's box/sticker, which you said was www.r4-v.com, and download the firmware for your cart. Most firmwares are not interchangable, so downloading random firmwares you find is a waste of time. I have no idea why nobody suggested this earlier, as it's the most basic solution.

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
injected11 said:
You go to the website on the cart's box/sticker, which you said was www.r4-v.com, and download the firmware for your cart. Most firmwares are not interchangable, so downloading random firmwares you find is a waste of time. I have no idea why nobody suggested this earlier, as it's the most basic solution.
That's why I asked what color his PCB board is. The site (www.r4-v.com) has three different downloads, and the way to differentiate between the three is by the color of the board. The answer to my question would determine exactly which firmware from that site to use.

bobasp1

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
grindbart said:
what a piece of trash *puke* youhave to open up the shell toknow which firmware yoou have to use -.-

What you cant look at the back on the contact points to see what pcb is it? Like the real r4i cloned. and not a cloned cloned r4i
tongue.gif

lordhezza

Trophies
XP
Country
JustSuds said:
I'm aware that ALL R4 cards that have anything other than "R4DS" on them are fake/clones. But most of them still work.

I bought an R4i SDHC card earlier today, it looks exactly the same as the "Official" ones, but the website written on it is "www.r4-v.com". I've tried pretty much everything I can think of/find anything on google that works. I've been at it for around four hours. lol.

It has a yellow V1.4 sticker on it, and the word "upgrade".

Things i've tried:

Firmwares in the zips R4i English V1.14b, en_1.55.rar, software-r4isdhc.zip, ENGLISH.rar, R4-R4i-English-V1.zip, and English_1.4(1).rar. All from different sources/forum posts/"Official" websites.

The issue:

No matter what I try, I get a white screen for about two seconds, then a split-second flash of black, followed by a white screen for eternity.

Does anyone have an R4i SDHC from www.r4-v.com that works? What firmware are you using? Did you have issues? Is the white screen symptomatic of a different issue?

Other details:

I've tried four different SD cards, of sizes between 2gb and 8gb, one is not an SDHC.

The whitescreen/blackflash still occurs on a DS Lite, (my main is a DSi).

Some of the firmwares I mentioned were based on TT firmware. (going by the TTMENU folder in the zips. lol)

format your SD card to FAT32... 5 hours of net searching for a such a piss simple thing that you'd expect to be told
tongue.gif

Jman610

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the exact same clone and had the exact same problem. Download the first link on the downloads section. Make sure to copy the two files _DS_MENU.DAT and _DS_MSHL.NDS from the systems folder and copy and paste those into the root directory of the memory card. Edit: Download the one that says Green or Yellow PCB.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy