Hacking R4i SDHC Help? Or buy diff' flash card?

Notyalc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi!

I've got a flash card at the moment - an R4i SDHC (red box) but mine is no longer being supported by R4i-sdhc.com (I don't know if the other r4isdhc.comsite supports it - it looks like they're still supporting it...).

Now I've tried to get things to work with the TTDS (or DSTT - whatever it's called) menu - but this doesn't always work with all the new games (specificallly, I can use Kingdom Hearts, but not the new Mario & Luigi.

So I'd like to try & get my R4i to be able to have some sort of updateable firmware.

I don't mind using the YSMenu or Dsision2 or whatever - just as long as it works.

Alternatively - I could go with the easier (though, more expensive) option of buying a new flash card.
The two I've got in mind are the Acekard 2 / 2i (I use a Lite, & may not bother with a DSi, so maybe just a '2' will be better suited) or I might get the iPlayer.

The only problems with the Iplayer (I love the diff' movie file support BTW!) is that it doesn't support loading commercial roms - & yet it does have a GBA Emulator, so perhaps if I could get it to use YSmenu & could get it cheap enough it'd be quite ideal! Though, I s'pose there's less support than for an Acekard 2/2i

So, has anyone any thoughts?

I'm not desperate for a new flash cart, but if I can't get much more out of my R4i without getting really technical - perhaps it'll be easier.

So if anyone has any suggestions, thoughts or any useful information - I would be very appreciative!!

Thanks you!

(I'll try check back on your responses later - I'm going out now)

Notyalc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
injected11 said:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=182343

Download the 1.09b version, and extract it. Copy only the TTMENU.nds and TTMENU.dat to the root of your SD card. Boot up your R4i, load TTMENU through the Games menu, then load M&L3. AP checks should be gone.

Wait - so I shouldn't have anything else on the Root except for folders & the TTmenu.dat & .nds?

'Cos I've got a few .nds files outside the Games folder (Stufff like DSOrganise, SnemulDS & a couple of other emulators) - Maybe I'll put those other .nds files in a folder by themselves anyway...

I have actually tried this extract before - I'm using it now - but as M&L 3 hasn't worked for it I changed the file which normally directs the Multimedia option back to moonshell 2 as it was before.

Should it still work?

BTW - Incase there's problems with my particular M&L3 Rom I'll get a new rom, maybe mine's corrrupted.
(I've tried both USA & European versions - neither work, they vary from; not starting at all, to getting to that save file menu. It varies.)

I'll use the USA version as I know that it's got a definate fix for it.

I don't have to use a patched version at alll do I? (I don't know how to patch.)

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Notyalc said:
Wait - so I shouldn't have anything else on the Root except for folders & the TTmenu.dat & .nds?

'Cos I've got a few .nds files outside the Games folder (Stufff like DSOrganise, SnemulDS & a couple of other emulators) - Maybe I'll put those other .nds files in a folder by themselves anyway...
Leave whatever was already on your card wherever it was, and of the extracted files copy only the TTMENU.nds and TTMENU.dat to the root. Leave everything else that you extracted off the card. Changing the multimedia_path.ini back won't break anything, you'll just have to boot the TTMENU through your Games menu. Use a clean US rom. If it doesn't work, try formatting your micro SD. I have a pre-1.4 R4i SDHC, and dropping those 2 files onto the root of my card fixed it on my first attempt.

Notyalc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
injected11 said:
Notyalc said:

Leave whatever was already on your card wherever it was, and of the extracted files copy only the TTMENU.nds and TTMENU.dat to the root. Leave everything else that you extracted off the card. Changing the multimedia_path.ini back won't break anything, you'll just have to boot the TTMENU through your Games menu. Use a clean US rom. If it doesn't work, try formatting your micro SD. I have a pre-1.4 R4i SDHC, and dropping those 2 files onto the root of my card fixed it on my first attempt.

Well, I got a new clean rom, I'm now stuck into M&L 3, thanks very much!

Well, I'm quite happy for now, I've no problem in going to TTDS Menu for just KH & M&L3!

THough, I may give getting an Acekard 2 some consideration...

Though if I could get YSmenu or something to run commercial games on an iPlayer, I'd be quite happy! Though, maybe I'd be better off with an Acekard as it has more support.

Anyone know about the iPlayer?

Thanks very much BTW!

fearofshorts

Trophies
XP
Country
Neither is the gold edition. THEY DON'T MAKE REAL R4'S ANYMORE. When will people realize that any R4's you see are just copies of the old, outdated original?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.