Hacking r4i-sdhc fails on DS lite

simpsonboy77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a DS lite (unsure of version). I am trying to make a R4i upgrade v1.4 work on it. The site listed on the cart is r4i-sdhc.com which according to the mega list of R4 clones, is a R4-DSTT hybrid. The download on the cart's website did not work so I followed this guide http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=164359 meticulously and my cart does not work. When I power on my DS, it almost looks like the cart isn't even there, it says there is no DS card inserted.

If this combination cannot work, what is a good place to purchase a good cart? I was reading that the supercard ds 2 is good. I want one with SDHC support since I want to reuse my 4gb SD card.

I will try the cart in a friends DS within a day or so.

Is this this a problem with the DS, cart, or something else?

Thanks

Here is a picture of what my card looks like.
http://www.r4dswiki.com/wp-content/uploads...12175606543.jpg

Darkrai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm having the same problem, my DS Lite also does not detect the Flashcard.

My flash card is:

QUOTE said:
R4i 3DS
www.r4i-sdhc.com
Description: A hybrid DSTT-R4 clone that has been updated to work on the 3DS.
Clone of: R4-DSTT hybrid
Last Update: 24/3/2011

Edit: I tested the flashcard in 2 DS

tiggerlator

Trophies
XP
Country
Unfortunatley guys i think that card is an old one that is not update-able. It should work on a ds lite though i would have thought.

simpsonboy77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried using RetroGameFan's suggestion (http://gbatemp.net/t267243-retrogamefan-updates-releases) but it did not work. I am going to borrow a friend's DS and see if any of the methods I tried will work. I have a strong suspicion that it is the card being older than the DS.

Is there any way of opening the DS up to reset its firmware?

edit: My DS is version 5 according to http://www.pocketheaven.com/ph/wiki/DS_Fir...irmware_Version

janeyuyi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
if the flash cards do not detect by DS console,it maybe the bad connection problem,you can try to clean the gold pins of both the R4i SDHC and the memory card,then insert several times.

tiggerlator

Trophies
XP
Country
There is no way to reset the bios on the ds. You may be better off buying a better card than the r4, a acekard 2.1/2i maybe.

simpsonboy77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
janeyuyi said:
if the flash cards do not detect by DS console,it maybe the bad connection problem,you can try to clean the gold pins of both the R4i SDHC and the memory card,then insert several times.
I don't think this is the issue, I cleaned the pins on the card, the SDHC card is new, and the DS works with other games. Thanks for the suggestion though.

QUOTE(tiggerlator @ Aug 17 2011, 06:11 AM) There is no way to reset the bios on the ds. You may be better off buying a better card than the r4, a acekard 2.1/2i maybe.

Ok thanks. I was mixed between the acekard and supercard. Some of the sites selling the acekard look really shady.

Menace Storm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You said your card is a R4i Upgrade V1.4 from R4i-sdhc site (red box)
Go to the download section of there site & download 1.43b for your card V1.4.
This should work & run most new games if your card is from that site.
You don't have to use Ysmenu.

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
tiggerlator said:
I didn't realize the v1.4 was update-able, maybe it is.
One person says he has updated the bootloader to work on DSi 1.4.3 but the official team says it's impossible.

However as Menace Storm says you need to download the latest kernel 1.43b and it should work however if it is not registering in the DSl and cleaning the contacts hasn't worked you could try the paper trick. If that fails get a new card. If you want a low cost card then get an AceKard.

simpsonboy77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think it will ever work because the DS doesn't think it exists. I just bought a Supercard DSTWO. I tired it in 2 other DSes and it didn't see the cart either. They were version 1 DSes.

Thanks for the suggestions though. I guess you can consider this thread resolved.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: To ensure Florida is the freest state in the country, we will ban colors.