Hacking R4i SDHC Dual Core Update?

aig787

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had to register to share the wonderful news :)

The update for R4i SDHC Dual Core 2013 is NOW AVAILABLE! It can also FIX bricked 2013 cards! YAAAY :)
Below is the link for the firmware update:
http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=967244462&uk=1795683192

FYI, the download site is in chinese, just click the icon with the arrow pointing down, download, put the file in your sd card, then run the .nds file on an available DS or DS Lite. Follow the instructions then you're all set.

If your 3DS doesn't want to boot the card, try replacing the "_ds_menu.dat" in the root of your SD card with this one:
http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=961736620&uk=1795683192

Or you can download the entire kernel here:
http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=1204718603&uk=1795683192

Mine worked without replacing the kernel files, and this was a BRICKED card. It finally worked after the firmware update :)

Below is the link to the original R4iSDHC Chinese forum regarding the update (just use google translate for all you non-chinese speaking dudes)
http://www.r4isdhcbbc.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=18479&extra=page=1&page=1

I applied the firmware update on my NDS and the kernel files. It boots on my 3ds XL now, but now all I get is a new super mario bros splash screen with no options. Any suggestions?

Dayamos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I applied the firmware update on my NDS and the kernel files. It boots on my 3ds XL now, but now all I get is a new super mario bros splash screen with no options. Any suggestions?

Hi bro, is your card the 2013 version like the one below?
12608259_l_1364974026.jpg

If yes, try using these kernel files instead and see if it works.
https://www.wetransfer.com/download...b345911e187e117f1c2bbaf020130626034019/ceb083

Extract and put all the contents in the ROOT DIRECTORY of your SD card. Much better if you can backup the original contents of your SD card first then format your SD before putting in the kernel files.

llm316

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HI man I had the same problem, the solution is to go to the manufacturer's website and download their latest kernel (last updated April) it should be around 2.6 mb

http://www.r4isdhc.com/. I just put the folder (called Req) and the one start up file there and it works again.

aig787

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Dayomos and llm316 that worked! I had tried a few different combinations of the two, but not with the original _DS_Menu.dat file from their website. I was using the one bundled with the updated kernel files.

babalufi

Trophies
XP
Country
Could someone please confirm that the unofical update is works with booth card?

R4i Dual Core 2013
13411579.png
and R4i RTS Lite 2013
13411586.png

Thank you in advance :)

Wailer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Please read......

This update is ONLY to unbrick or reflash 2013 cards (mistakenly updated with NEW version 5.06 firmware).
This update will NOT get your card working on the new 6.0 nintendo 3ds firmware, i can confirm this because i own a 3ds with 6.0.0-12E firmware and one with 4.20-9E.

To get this card working on 6.0 you will have to wait on R4iSDHC's new and original firmware (should be coming soon, according to my card reseller).

If by any chance new original firmware should be released with a lower number than 5.07 you could try to this trick:

1. start your card
  2. load the flash program
  3. and on the "loading"message take your card out of the 3ds, and reinsert when the program is started.
  4. The message about the current firmware version should read "unknown"
  5. after that you should be able to reflash your card with the new firmware
I tried this method on bricked cards before and it should work.
This method sadly did not work to get the 2013 firmware unto my NEW card (this ones really busted).....:angry:

Wailer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Unfortunately, still no :)

The update was made for the "2013" version of the card, the latest hardware version. The one you have is the older hardware version. You can still try though, but do so at your own risk since it might actually BRICK your card.

Just for info,

I own a 2013 and NEW version and i took a look inside, the hardware is 100% identical.
The only difference between the card's is the firmware.

I think r4isdhc released the 2013 (wich is by my opinion the NEW version with new firmware) version to put of numerous clones that where ghoing around.
Various manufacturers wher cloning the hardware and using r4i's firmware, and i think that's why the older version never got a firmware update.

Maybe there's someone out there brave enough who can confirm that you can use this "unofficial" firmware to turn your NEW card into a 2013 version (my new version is broken otherwise i would have tried it myself)

Cartmanuk

Trophies
XP
Country
Im getting this message so far with original kernel.

Current Version V5.02
Update Version V5.07
The current version and upgrade version is the same.
Dont need upgrade!

I'm currently running the update on a V5.05 card, fingers crossed.

Dayamos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Please read......

This update is ONLY to unbrick or reflash 2013 cards (mistakenly updated with NEW version 5.06 firmware).
This update will NOT get your card working on the new 6.0 nintendo 3ds firmware, i can confirm this because i own a 3ds with 6.0.0-12E firmware and one with 4.20-9E.

To get this card working on 6.0 you will have to wait on R4iSDHC's new and original firmware (should be coming soon, according to my card reseller).

Hi Wailer, the reason why I tried this "unofficial" update is because I upgraded my 3DS to v6.0 :) Have you tried putting your updated 2013 flashcart on a v6 3DS to see if it will work?

Cartmanuk

Trophies
XP
Country
Current Version is now V5.07​
I tried the 2013r4isdhc-whiteEng Kernel but all I got was a white screen.​
I will try other firmwares now.​
So this card doesn't look like it can run as a 2013 card, but it may be as simple as renaming a few things so ill try..

Wailer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hi kartmanuk, you are trying kernels but what i meant is reflashing a NEW version card with 2013 firmware (with the onofficial firmware at he beginning of this thread) to see if you could transform a new into a 2013 version :yaysp:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Good I see no harm done