Homebrew R4i Save Dongle - Pokemon Sun Corrupted Game

Earthbound017

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently got an R4i Save Dongle to backup my DS and 3DS games. I first backed up .sav files off of 5 different pokemon games - Platinum, Heartgold, Black, Y, and Sun. The device was able to successfully backup and restore Pokemon Platinum. In testing HG/Black on an emulator, the files are somehow incorrect and it just loads a new game. I'm guessing this has to do with the infrared features affecting those carts which is a recurring issue I've seen online.

The real trouble came went I went to play Pokemon Sun the next day, it said that the save file had been corrupted. This did not happen on any of the other games and I had not tried restoring anything to any of the carts. Using the save dongle on the cart alone was responsible. I've tried looking into the .sav file (1024kb) that it backed up, which I assume to be encrypted, and can't get it to restore. I don't know how to test it on an emulator. The software for the save dongle cannot create a decryption key for the file or restore anything back to the cart. I have the latest firmware from the site running on the device.

I'm running out of ideas here, I don't have a homebrew 3DS and am not that experienced in these things. I just wanted to backup my saves. I really don't want to lose over 100 hours of gameplay which is why I wanted to back it up originally! Any advice on what to do or how to rescue my game?
Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==