Hacking R4I RTS 3DS Won't Load

Muladhara86

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got this card , and I'm trying to get my nds backups to run.

I've got a New 3DS that has been working with CFW since I put it on about half a year ago.

Whenever I launch this icon: , the screen goes black, flashes white for about a second, and then goes black for good.

I went to r4ids.cn and downloaded the kernel next to the image of my card. I've got that on the sd card inside the R4, but nothing's changed.

I downloaded the latest firmware on that same page and put Launcher.dat in the root of that same sd card, but nothing's changed.

fwiw, I'm on sysmenu 11.6.0-39U.

Am I missing something here?

Attachments

• card.GIF
    card.GIF
    14.6 KB · Views: 174
  • logo.GIF
    logo.GIF
    26 KB · Views: 199
Last edited by Muladhara86,

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Getting those cards to work is a bit of a hardwork. You must use the correct kernel for it to work on specific 3DS OFWs.

My R4 card is not like yours, it shows a Bomberman icon before being launched. I'm not sure the kernel I'm using would work for you.

Priestiality

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The latest Wood kernel from r4ids.cn should be all you need. I have (almost) the same flashcard and it sounds like it's getting halfway there (The Gold 3DS Plus uses the same icon and kernel). the screen going black then white is expected, but instead of going black after you should be loading into the menu. Try testing your sd card with H2testw. Alternatively, if you have a spare microsd laying around, format it properly and throw the kernel on it and see what happens.

Muladhara86

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The latest Wood kernel from r4ids.cn should be all you need. I have (almost) the same flashcard and it sounds like it's getting halfway there (The Gold 3DS Plus uses the same icon and kernel). the screen going black then white is expected, but instead of going black after you should be loading into the menu. Try testing your sd card with H2testw. Alternatively, if you have a spare microsd laying around, format it properly and throw the kernel on it and see what happens.

I formatted the chip in the R4 again (FAT32) and tried H2testw:

Test finished without errors.
You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
Writing speed: 14.7 MByte/s
Reading speed: 10.2 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

Muladhara86

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I reviewed the instructions I followed for getting the CFW on my device, and it clearly states that you will no longer be able to use the R4 card for DS games afterwards.

Is there any way to restore it?

Yuukii_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
go to 3ds. hacks. guide/installing-boot9strap-(ntrboot) (Remove spaces)
Go to Section V.
theres a tutorial on it

i honestly would have used the original R4 from 2008. but since it doesnt work in the 3ds. i didnt use mine.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

SkillFeed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you for pointing me in the right direction, Yuukii_; I've got my cart working again!
Someone else was faster than me. I have the same card and i used ntrboothax aswell and could restore it without any problems^^

Gesendet von meinem ASUS_Z00AD mit Tapatalk

Pokeformers10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Itried everything in this forum and still no luck. I have the same problem. Please, if anyone knows any new solutions, let me know. Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Gamemaster2022 @ Gamemaster2022: Great titles. I'm about to play some Pokémon Emerald. I need to lvl up