Hacking R4i (r4ids com) problem

gigiz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hey there everyone,I'm new here and I just made an account to post you about my problem wishing that someone can help me! So thanks in advance!

I had an old r4i-gold card that I never used before. I tried it on my little sister's ds lite and got stuck on the nintendo ds intro logo. Tried multiple kernels but nothing worked. It seems that it can't reach on the menu... ds lite works fine btw
Any idea? or even what kernel should I use?

gigiz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
R4i-Gold-Old.jpg

gigiz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
VzUh , I used the 1.32 and 1.30 eng version from the link that you told me and still I get stuck on the nintendo logo screen..
I tried ( just to be sure ) a ds game cartridge and worked smoothly

also DeadSkullJr I saw that 1.32 that you shared with me is the same as mentioned but still tried both of them and the problem still exists :S

Does the wrong kernel explain the nintendo logo stuck? :/

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VzUh , I used the 1.32 and 1.30 eng version from the link that you told me and still I get stuck on the nintendo logo screen..
I tried ( just to be sure ) a ds game cartridge and worked smoothly

also DeadSkullJr I saw that 1.32 that you shared with me is the same as mentioned but still tried both of them and the problem still exists :S

Does the wrong kernel explain the nintendo logo stuck? :/
are you trying to boot up a game?

Reactions: gigiz

gigiz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
haven't add any game on the sd card to be honest. I just try to see if it can work :S because I cant even reach the menu mate
and I used 2 sd cards ( a simple 128 mb and a 2gb card which both got formatted with sd card formatter )
never had anything like that with supercard ds two on my dsi xl :S

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haven't add any game on the sd card to be honest. I just try to see if it can work :S because I cant even reach the menu mate
and I used 2 sd cards ( a simple 128 mb and a 2gb card which both got formatted with sd card formatter )
never had anything like that with supercard ds two on my dsi xl :S
sounds like a flashcart issue then, I recommend getting an upgrade.

gigiz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
also let me add that , when I first used the r4i-card of mine , ds lite didnt recognize it and so I opened up the r4 cartridge and cleaned-used a blue rubber to clean the pins and after that the freezing started to happen...
do you have a worthy card in your mind for the ds lite?

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also let me add that , when I first used the r4i-card of mine , ds lite didnt recognize it and so I opened up the r4 cartridge and cleaned-used a blue rubber to clean the pins and after that the freezing started to happen...
do you have a worthy card in your mind for the ds lite?
The R4i Gold 3DS Plus will work on the DS Lite very well.
http://3ds-flashcard.com/home/72-r4i-gold-3ds-plus-.html

Reactions: gigiz and VzUh

VzUh

you are now reading my custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
the r4 carts are almost all clones between themselves, but with little differences that need one or another kernel. I would suggest to try some other kernels of the page i linked before buying, but in case you want the easy and guaranted working solution, the one recommended by @DeadSkullzJr is probably your best bet

Edit: was going to add a link to the gbatemp sponsor's store, but it's not longer the sponsor? anyway a reliable and trust worthy online store nds-card.com

Last edited by VzUh,

gigiz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
thanks again for your time , for time being I will try to clean up the cartridge slots of the ds lite and then try some of those kernels and if the freezing keeps coming , then I will assume that it DOA for almost 3 years ... shame on me for not trying then..
thanks again both of you!

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the r4 carts are almost all clones between themselves, but with little differences that need one or another kernel. I would suggest to try some other kernels of the page i linked before buying, but in case you want the easy and guaranted working solution, the one recommended by @DeadSkullzJr is probably your best bet

Edit: was going to add a link to the gbatemp sponsor's store, but it's not longer the sponsor? anyway a reliable and trust worthy online store nds-card.com
The site I linked may not be sponsored but it is where I got mine, the shop is here in the USA so it got to me pretty quick.

VzUh

you are now reading my custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The site I linked may not be sponsored but it is where I got mine, the shop is here in the USA so it got to me pretty quick.
mine's in asia, but I've no idea of how much time did my card take to arrive, so I guess that if OP is on europe the decision is his

gigiz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Just disassembled and cleaned ds lite and the problem persists.. I dont think that it's a kernel issue. It freezes like removing a cartridge while you play.. I assume that my r4 is totally dead
thanks for your shop suggestions!

Reactions: VzUh

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: How is everyone?