R4i not working now (total newb here)

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by JuanVentura, Mar 1, 2012.

Mar 1, 2012
  1. JuanVentura
    OP

Newcomer JuanVentura Newbie

So I just got a DSi and R4i (box says D4dsi or R4i 3DS on it).

I was trying to play Pokemon Black on it but for some reason it kept freezing after I tried leaving my house after I started. So I went and downloaded the kernel and what not off the website (r4i-advance,com) and I followed their instructions to update some stuff. After it finished I had to reboot, so I did and now my DSi won't recognize my R4 at all.

Now I'm super sad =[ Help plz?

2. Petersen

Newcomer Petersen Newbie

United States
    First, i have to say, i know little about this card, this card is not a good R4 card, but the official site says it can work on DSi V1.43, then it should be able to work on your conosle after update. Are you sure you have updated your card successfully., did you see the "update finish " messgae. i met this problem before, but my card is r4i gold from r4ids,cn, because i turned off during the update process, when i turned on again, my console didn't recognize it any more, but i used another flashcard to reflash it and made it work again.

3. JuanVentura
    OP

It said it finished and to reboot the DS. I can't be arsed to do anything that would require another DS or card

4. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Does any icon show up when you put the cart in?

And you will likely need another DS (DS or DS Lite, not DSi or 3DS) to fix this anyways.

5. JuanVentura
    OP

It just has the regular icon and it says theres nothing. Anyways i just traded my ds with this guy, and hes gonna repair it. I'm gonna try it when I get home