Hacking R4i Gold 3DS stuck on white "Loading" screen

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem. My mom bought my nieces two DSi for Christmas and also got her an R4i Gold 3DS cart, which we bought from NDS-Card. They worked well, no problems up till now. The carts load up fine but whenever they play a game, game freezes at a white "Loading" screen.

I'm not sure what the problem is exactly. I updated the firmware from the website thats printed on the cart (R4iDS.cn), I still get the same loading screen. It's been a while since I've actually messed with a flashcart but could this possibly have to do with the DSi firmware? One of them is on 1.4.3 and the other is on 1.4.4.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Nah a firmware issue will have the DSi display a generic error when you try to start the cart at all. If you can even see the games list then it'd beyond that point.

Try putting the latest version of Wood from there on it after formatting the MicroSD.

Don't use the latest Wood.
It has issues with some cards.
Get 1.54 that works fine on all cards http://down.r4town.com/Wood_R4iGold_V1.54.rar

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah a firmware issue will have the DSi display a generic error when you try to start the cart at all. If you can even see the games list then it'd beyond that point.

Try putting the latest version of Wood from there on it after formatting the MicroSD.
Don't use the latest Wood.
It has issues with some cards.
Get 1.54 that works fine on all cards http://down.r4town.com/Wood_R4iGold_V1.54.rar

Tried both, still stuck on white Loading screen.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Format the card with this program http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/utilities/download-panasonic-sd-formatter-31-windows-f27344.html

One thing, Formatting means it's gonna delete all the stuff from the microSD, so be sure to backup games and saves from the card.

Format Options:

Format Type FULL(Erase)
Format Size Adjustment ON

After that install Wood and copy the games and saves back to the card.
Still stuck on white "Loading" screen after launching a game. I'm not sure what they did to it for it to not load up games anymore. :/

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What's the game icon showed on the screen when you power your ds on?

Please do as the procedures listed below:
1. Format your tf card with scector size bigger than 8KB.
2.Download the latest wood r4 v1.56 from www.r4ids.cn

You can also disable rts by changing the global setting.

MelwenOfNoldor

Trophies
XP
Country
I am experiencing the same problem. I have a R4iGold card from r4ids.cn and i am using this card since like 2-3 years on my Ndsi. I decided to play pokemon white 2 like 4 hours ago and i entered the website : r4ids.cn to check if there is an kernel or firmware update. I downloaded this :
The new patch for DSi/XL V1.45 is released now! (for DSi/XL V1.45 only)(Jan.23,2013)
and
this : WOOD R4 V1.60 Released. (2013-06-23)i patched my card . It didnt give me any error etc. while in process and after succeed on the process i transfered pokemon white 2 to microsd card and entered the game.
And no matter what i try (formatting sd card /using different kernel etc. ) even for the other games , when i press A to enter the game it stucks at loading screen.

The game icon showed on the screen is : Japanese words + DORASU (The kid is raising his hand to the air while his mouth open)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I've noticed that the latest Anti-AP firmware patches cause issues with some SDHC cards - do try a normal SD card (up to 2GB) and report your findings.

MelwenOfNoldor

Trophies
XP
Country
I was using 2gb Sandisk Micro SD (non SDHC) i tried with 1 GB Sandisk now and still it stucks at loading screen when i try to launch the game :/

DoHBoY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you guys using clean Roms? Pretty sure I read somewhere that if you have a pre-patched (AP removed) rom then it will cause freezing issues. Just a thought, Check that first and make sure you have clean Roms.

DoHBoY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am experiencing the same problem. I have a R4iGold card from r4ids.cn and i am using this card since like 2-3 years on my Ndsi. I decided to play pokemon white 2 like 4 hours ago and i entered the website : r4ids.cn to check if there is an kernel or firmware update. I downloaded this :
The new patch for DSi/XL V1.45 is released now! (for DSi/XL V1.45 only)(Jan.23,2013)
and
this : WOOD R4 V1.60 Released. (2013-06-23)i patched my card . It didnt give me any error etc. while in process and after succeed on the process i transfered pokemon white 2 to microsd card and entered the game.
And no matter what i try (formatting sd card /using different kernel etc. ) even for the other games , when i press A to enter the game it stucks at loading screen.

The game icon showed on the screen is : Japanese words + DORASU (The kid is raising his hand to the air while his mouth open)

Also Melwen, the new kernel (1.60) doesn't seem to load games with older carts. Go up a few posts and download the v1.54 kernel provided by Gamerzhell. That may fix your issue. whoops, forgot you said you already tried different kernels.

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's just incompatible with older r4igold hw revisions.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/wood-fir...s-not-compatible-with-some-r4igold-hw.350472/
If I put my mSD into rev C r4igold the .nds games boot but in my own r4igold (r5/6) the games just freeze on the white "loading" screen.

I knew it had to be a hardware issue even though was advised formatting mSD and assume user error.
The versions of wood past 1.56? (rts support introduced) do not currently allow loading of .nds roms on all original r4igold hw.

Hope the team and ywg read this and can figure a way to get wood running on all hw revision r4igold

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol