Hacking R4i Gold 3ds Problems

Timbalin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, i have a huge problem with me flashcard. I forgot to update it before launching it on my recently updated 3ds, and it was bricked. What do i do now? The emblem on the card ( picture that shows up when you put in the card) was a drawn asian man, not sure if that helps what version i was running, i heard that indicates what version i was on. I followed instructions from a site regarding updating the flash card via another ds console, and it didn't work, kept on giving me errors. What shall i do? do i have to buy another one? Sorry to be a bother in this forum, thank you for your time.

Timbalin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i'm pretty much screwed? have to buy another one? can't think of any other forum that can help me out.

Gabelvampir

Free Mars!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What exactly do you mean by "it is bricked"?
If it simply won't play any more, update it with the update from the site on you card another (for example a friend's) unupdated 3DS or DS Lite/Phat.
If you did not so in the past you'll have to cut a circuit on the card for it to work, after you updated.
I also have a r4ids.cn card from the C revision, mine works after I updated it with the newest 3DS firmware, so yours should too.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
open the cartridge and take a picture of the cart

depending on what we see it will either be the cart cannot be updated to work on 6.2.0 or it will be able to thought applying a update by running a .nds file on a console it can load on (DSPhat or a DSLite)

Gabelvampir

Free Mars!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

depending on what we see it will either be the cart cannot be updated to work on 6.2.0 or it will be able to thought applying a update by running a .nds file on a console it can load on (DSPhat or a DSLite)
Well revision C should all be compatible with the recent update, shouldn't they? It is a bit hard to say, as they sometimes relabel hardware and never talk about all their unsupported models.

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Well revision C should all be compatible with the recent update, shouldn't they? It is a bit hard to say, as they sometimes relabel hardware and never talk about all their unsupported models.

there are indeed RevC's that wont update
its unlikely but worth checking the mainboard and then can tell straight away

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Ah ok did not know that. *sigh* you can't even trust their revision numbers? I hate these weasely guys.

there not bad
its just the Metroid cards had a bug in them
and there was from what we can assume from that patch got sent back and re-made, still couldnt update after they re-shipped

Timbalin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What exactly do you mean by "it is bricked"?
If it simply won't play any more, update it with the update from the site on you card another (for example a friend's) unupdated 3DS or DS Lite/Phat.
If you did not so in the past you'll have to cut a circuit on the card for it to work, after you updated.
I also have a r4ids.cn card from the C revision, mine works after I updated it with the newest 3DS firmware, so yours should too.

Well when i put the card in my 3ds, it won't load the menu, tells me to refer the the game manual, but when i insert it in a dsi, it works just fine.

Any video or picture instructions to opening it up without damaging it?

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Any video or picture instructions to opening it up without damaging it?

run your nail along the joint on the edge and it will just pop open and pull it gently apart, you will have 2 sides of the plastic casing and the PCB which once you have taken a photo you can just push back together and will jsut fit back into place

Gabelvampir

Free Mars!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah then it is not really bricked, but let's not mince words.
Just pry the plastic shell carefully open with something sturdy and thin, or with you finger nails. The 2 parts of the plastic shell should only be stuck together, not glued of anything. Just be carefull not to break any plastic, especially the tabs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-