Hacking [R4i Gold 3DS Plus]White Screen Help

Enigma424

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey there recently i decided to buy an R4I Gold 3DS Plus after my old Acekard died awhile ago but I've had trouble getting it to work, I've downloaded the latest V.1.64 Wood firmware for it on r43ds.org and i got it to start up and it's menu is working like normal but when it comes to actually booting the games up it does one of three things it either loads forever,Has the screen go white or by some miracle and the game does boot up the games is messed up and crashes or gets stuck at the title screen, I don't if i'm missing something or my card is knockoff or defective ,here i attached a picture of it in package if it tells you anything

Attachments

• r4I.jpg
    r4I.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 748
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. Copy everything off your DS flashcart's microSD card to a computer.
  2. Quadruple reformat.
  3. Full Write + Verify the empty card in H2testw. Do not skip.
  4. If the result comes back clean, delete the *.h2w test files.
    • :!: A reported error means that the hardware failed card will need to be replaced. Go back to step 1 with the replacement card.
  5. Copy everything back to the card.
  6. Download the WOOD R4 V1.64 Released. (2013-11-08) kernel for the R4i Gold 3DS Plus from its actual manufacturer's website (r4ids.cn), and add the archive's contents to the card.
  7. For the R4i 3DS Gold Plus, ensure that the internal switch is set to "D" or DS mode. See this image.
  8. If the flashcart still fails to work, see these:
  9. If the flashcart still fails to work despite step 8, see these:

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been Reformating and even tried different SD cards that have worked for me in the past same problem
As a litmus test, FBI install a DSiWare CIA homebrew title such as GameYob [dev's 1st post original link died], GodMode9i, 3DSBank, or NTR Launcher. Launched any of these from HOME Menu to see if their respective game menu boots up. If the white screens symptom appears, you need to fix the DS(i) mode found in step 8.

Reactions: Alexander1970

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
kind of lost me with these, i'm only trying to use it like a flash cart on a Normal DS at the moment aren't those 3DS homebrew files?
Those are ds(i) ran titles. They are to see if your ds mode is screwed on your console or not. If it is, then there is a fix for that.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kind of lost me with these, i'm only trying to use it like a flash cart on a Normal DS at the moment aren't those 3DS homebrew files?
In post #2, you were suppose to follow the instructions in the order those steps were listed.

If you did steps 1-7 exactly as described, and the DS flashcart still launches with white screens, the most likely culprit is that your 3DS has broken TWL_FIRM [aka, DS(i) mode firmware ]. The 3DS has three (4) firmware modes: * NATIVE (3DS) / TWL (NDS/DSi) / AGB (GBA) / SAFE (recovery)

Installing and launching one of the DSiWare homebrew CIA titles was another way to double check if that DS(i) mode is indeed nonfunctional or bricked.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Reactions: Enigma424

Enigma424

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's a Nintedo DS lite it only has 1 firmware as far i know, The Flash Card is V.1.64 Wood firmware thogh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Enigma424

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's an called an R4I Gold 3DS so it though would have been appropriate here , I do have 3DS with Homebrew but one of the main reasons i got the card was also to back my pokemon GBA saves in the DS Lite using the GBA port so that's why i have been using it on a Lite, I've just tried using it on my 3DS still no games booting

Last edited by Enigma424,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's an called an R4I Gold 3DS so it though would have been appropriate here , I do have 3DS with Homebrew but i got the card mainly to do somethings in Pokemon that require the GBA port in the DS Lite so that's why i have been using it on a Lite
See my above edited post #14 in regards to asking for help at the DS(i) noob thread.

I wish I could help you if I could but troubleshooting the older DS and DSi systems falls outside my specialty. Sorry bud.

However, if you have that 3DS system on hand, you can use that and go back retracing those steps in the instructions to check if your R4i Gold 3DS Plus flashcart works on the 3DS at least. Otherwise, someone else who knows their way around the ins-&-outs of the DS / DSi handhelds will need to step in and take over from this point on.

Reactions: Enigma424

Enigma424

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
See my above edited post #14 in regards to asking for help at the DS(i) noob thread.

I wish I could help you if I could but troubleshooting the older DS and DSi systems falls outside my specialty. Sorry bud.

However, if you have that 3DS system on hand, you can use that and go back retracing those steps in the instructions to check if your R4i Gold 3DS Plus flashcart works on the 3DS at least. Otherwise, someone else who knows their way around the ins-&-outs of the DS / DSi handhelds will need to step in and take over from this point on.
Alright thanks for the help

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Enigma424

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Now i got a 2nd problem think my 3DS just got bricked, I don't know how all i did was take out my Sd card put the Gameyob in CIAS folder put it my SD back and then the system wouldn't start, the screen stays black on startup sorry to be such a pest but you got a redirect or any info on that? Im a hopeless noob i know

Last edited by Enigma424,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now i got a 2nd problem think my 3DS just got bricked, I don't know how all i did was take out my Sd card put the Gameyob in CIAS folder put it my SD back and then the system wouldn't start, the screen stays black on startup sorry to be such a pest but you got a redirect or any info on that?

Without the 3DS system's SD card and DS flashcart inserted, does the blue LED turns on and then off when you press the (POWER) button?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-