Hacking [R4i Gold 3DS Plus]White Screen Help

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes its goes blue for an instant then stops
CFW: I formatted my 2ds's sd card and now it wont turn on [post #17]

Edit 1 - You can skip ahead most of those steps for any SD cards that you already successfully tested in H2testw and were reformatted in those [ FAT32 + 32 KB cluster size, etc ] settings.

~ For you, start at step 5.

Edit 2 - You might need to attempt multiple card reinsertions or different cards before the 3DS gets a good read. Also try the battery trick to see if that helps if it does not pick up.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Reactions: Alexander1970

Enigma424

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright i've gone through steps 1-5 took awhile on the H2testw since this is a bigger Card , all i have on the card now is 2 files Boot.Firm (formerly named SafeB9SInstaller) and arm9loaderhax.bin , i put the card and powered and hold select nothing so far

Edit 1 -Think i saw your Edit way too late
Edit 2 - alright i'm at the safe boot install menu says SigHaxed Firm not found

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

After this i'm probably going to hold off on the R4 stuff i've been in your hair all day

Last edited by Enigma424,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright i've gone through steps 1-5 took awhile on the H2testw since this is a bigger Card , all i have on the card now is 2 files Boot.Firm (formerly named SafeB9SInstaller) and arm9loaderhax.bin , i put the card and powered and hold select nothing so far

Edit Think i saw your Edit way too late
Make sure your renamed SafeB9SInstaller (boot.firm) and arm9loaderhax.bin are not named with double extensions.

img_58b8a4f84142d.png.pagespeed.ce.vn5gcCvhmh.png

Also, I'll mention this since some few computer newcomers start fresh and don't know this... Those .rar and .7z at the GitHub page are archives that contain those mentioned .firm and .bin files; requires WinRAR or 7-Zip to extract.

Edit 2 - alright i'm at the safe boot install menu says SigHaxed Firm not found

Good. See that Updating B9S. After you do that, also do the CTRNAND Luma3DS.

After this i'm probably going to hold off on the R4 stuff i've been in your hair all day
I got no place to go and will be on here until CV blows over. We can continue to troubleshoot your R4i Gold 3DS Plus if you wish, so long as it's done on the 3DS. It's no trouble to me.

Enigma424

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Woo it's back your're are real life saver you know that i can't thank you enough i really appreciate the help ,I'm very much a bumbling idiot with this stuff , Think il leave it at this for now and let you be on your way today il worry about R4 another day

Last edited by Enigma424,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woo it's back your're are real life saver you know that i can't thank you enough i really appreciate the help ,I'm very much a bumbling idiot with this stuff ,
You're a fine lad or lassie. No need to self depreciate yourself. It's okay not to know how to do something. Believe me, no foots were step on figuratively, at least not purposely. It's kinda stupid with how Nintendo names their handhelds. DS, DSi, 2DS, 3DS, New 3DS. oh my goodness..

Think leave it at this for now and let you be on your way today il worry about R4 another day
As you wish. If you have any questions later, just leave a post and i'll get back to you if I'm on. ttyl. Take care, and stay safe from CV.

*spooky music*

Enigma424

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lad and thank you , When someone anonymous is helping me and i keep messing up i can't help but feel like a pain so i try to self acknowledge it in case i come off too demanding,needy or entitled, As the person in need of help the least i can do is be mindful of the other person and thankful as possible since that is all i can offer back. Also stay safe yourself

ninjartist744

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I recently bought a R4i+ Gold for the NDS Mystery Gift Tool and GBA Backup Tool but after I installed all the files and firmware it still shows a blackscreen. I've tried formatting my SD card(mine's 4GB) multiple times and it still doesn't work. Looked up on youtube and none of the videos help. Recorded a video of the problem >>>>>

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1