Hacking R4i Gold 3ds not working

elemental123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
About 3 or 4 weeks ago I bought two R4i Gold 3ds flashcarts from different websites(its a long story), one of them is from thegamerdepot.com and the other is from gamezway.com. The reason I didn't order from any recommended sites on here is because their shipping either didn't include canada or was overpriced. The one from gamezway got here within a week, and all I had to do was put in a microsd card with wood r4 on it and some games and it worked fine in both my 7.1.0-16U 3ds and my 1.4.5U DSi. The one from thegamerdepot just got here, and I put it in my 3ds and it goes to a white screen, and then a black screen and then it just stays black. If I put in the micro sd card that works in my other r4, it still doesnt work. The only physical difference between the two is that the one that doesnt work came with a holographic backing on the package and the one that does work came with a non-holographic christmas edition sort of backing that looks like this:
R4i_Gold_3DS_xmas_christmas.jpg

I don't really know what to do now. I've looked around and can't find anybody with the same problem. The ones I have found with similar issues have been solved by doing things that did not work for me. Help is much appreciated, if you would need me to provide further details about my devices or anything then just let me know. Thanks!

elemental123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1. Yep
2. There is a 0 there
Z44T.jpg

Also, the one that works is exactly the same. Icon the same, url is r4ids.cn, and the revision is 0.

elemental123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No I was mistaken, It's actually a D. I can't post a picture because I can't get my phone to focus properly, but yeah it's a D. I think what I'm going to try is... My friend is letting me borrow their ds(phat) so I can try running R4iGold_3DS62_Patch_NDSL_3DS.nds and seeing if that works, but incase it doesnt I'd like more feedback in this thread if that's cool.

elemental123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Update: I got ahold of my friends ds, and I updated it, but it still does not work. Oddly enough it doesn't even work on the original DS. Im beginning to suspect a fake, which would make sense considering I know for a fact the reviews on the product were faked. I'll be ordering a supercard dstwo and giving my r4 to my little brother though.

elemental123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peeled off the label, looks like this:
7MLkm.JPG

EDIT: Sorry for the huge image, I don't know how to do spoilers. I know it's not the sd card format, because two of them that I have work on my other R4 and not that one, and also if I put it in without an sd card, it should go to a bare wood r4 menu like my other one does, and it makes no difference though. I think this is either a fake, or its defective.

EDIT #2: Actually, interestingly enough, I just put my working one in with no micro sd card and it does the exact same thing as the other one. Maybe the micro sd card slot is defective? Or maybe it is a formatting issue. I'll try formatting the sd card differently. I did format my 8gb with a panasonic formatter, so I'm not sure a Fat32 format would do much of anything anyhow if that 8gb formatted one doesnt work.

EDIT #3: I don't think it's a fake, I took it apart and the board looks fine, I don't know what formats to try on the sd card but I think it's possible the sd card reader is broken. That's the only logical conclusion I can draw from this at this point.

HollowHalf17

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try to format the Micro SD card you're using? Idk if it would work with wood (cause i myself use moonshell with a R4I 3DS card) But almost all problems i have with my card can be fixed by formatting. If you are worried about losing all the roms downloaded etc. just cut all the files into a new folder and format it. When you format though, make sure its formatted into a FAT 32 or FAT format, those work best with R4 cards. Thats all i can think of. :P P.S FAT is what works best for me. I still had a few problems with FAT 32

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated