Hacking R4i Deluxe Edition firmware 4.0B2 released !

mybluered

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Decompiling/reverse engineering so they can mess about with the raw code

Using any of gateway code is using someone else code, then earlier in the thread you proclaimed they are basing their firmware on the MT firmware......so what exactly is their own?....you cann't say they didn't use it all so it's their own code,

I can't just cut the first 10 minutes off Star Wars and replace it with the first 10 minutes of jaws and say I created it all it's dumb

I do not agree with you on it.
As you know, if you want to make use of multi-rom with gw2.x, you must update the FPGA.
It's the same for mt-card.
However, it seems that there is no need for r4i deluxe to update the FPGA to support multi-ROM.
That's the difference.
Please do not neglect the difference.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
As you know, if you want to make use of multi-rom with gw2.x, you must update the FPGA.
However, it seems that there is no need for r4i deluxe to update the FPGA to support multi-ROM.
That's the difference.

I think it's just for the NAND save now.

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like gateway who never admitted putting in the bricking code to this day right?

Doesn't matter. This is important stuff. They didn't lie with the latest releases and neither they did with this. If it was exactly gateway code the file would be way heavier. they only copied the multirom
Well shit, They didnt lie now so alright in my book right.... right?:tpi:

Which is worse? Small chance of activating brick code on Gateway 1.2 OR every single lie R4i told PLUS a bigger chance of activating brick code on Every firmware released after December 28th?

Also, size size means nothing. If you havent noticed, Gw has more features then just brick code. Banners, emunand, rom dumping, save dumping, internet, eshop, etc. You think this is a game of Operation where they can pick out a piece they like and attach it to mt-card and call it ok? Sorry, it doesn't work that way.

Way easier than getting the gateway launcher and start disabling all of the shet that it has

If Gateway's features are "shet", what does that make R4i who is trying to steal it?

That's the difference.

False, The FGPA was for Nand game saving not Multirom as Normmatt said in another thread.

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
It's just a way of talking lel.

Also yes , I have repeated a thousand times that multirom didn't need fpga update.

I'm more concerned about how they got that save in pokemon x/y . Maybe if the rom has a save integrated it will load it and you can save in it?

mybluered They would say the same thing they do now : BRICK CODEZ DO NOT UsEZ MOMGOMGOAMG

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm more concerned about how they got that save in pokemon x/y . Maybe if the rom has a save integrated it will load it and you can save in it?

NAND based save ROMs actually have the save already incorporated into the ROM. That is how they are actually saved by default.

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's what i'm saying. Maybe the firmware can't create the save on the game but if the rom already has one it works?

The ROM almost certainly already has a save implanted in it. When you rip the cart, the save and the backup save comes with it. Unless you have a ROM from a cart that was never played at all and comes straight from the factory, you have a save on it. That save will always show as corrupt upon transfer from cart to ROM, but it is there occupying the dedicated space.

If you are dying to experiment, go find the old "Way to distribute removed Powersaves content" thread to find the tools for save extraction/implantation for Pokemon.

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's what i'm saying. Maybe the firmware can't create the save on the game but if the rom already has one it works?

Well when your never going to turn off your 3ds why not go one step further and never turn off Pokemon so you don't have to save :rofl2:

Basically this. You can play Pokemon just fine as long as you never exit the game, then you never have to worry about it not being able to save. Enjoy your multirom.

Reactions: Joe88

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Most of clone user already give up on multirom before, it not that hard for them to accept that they will never play nand save game, ever.
Clone user are easy on those thing because in deep down they know they had choose a worst way to piracy.

Punkrox

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Most of clone user already give up on multirom before, it not that hard for them to accept that they will never play nand save game, ever.
Clone user are easy on those thing because in deep down they know they had choose a worst way to piracy.

I would never consider a gateway given that they purposely included bricking code.

Gateway users also said multirom was impossible and required an FPGA update, yet here we are...

Now they're moaning in yet another rare R4 thread about something else that's impossible, surprise surprise...

How about sticking to Gateway threads since you're just making baseless assumptions about users and clone cards?

Reactions: Huntereb

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll give you a present by tying up ancientboi for you