Hacking R4i card help dsi v1.4.3E

PrinceDeviant

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys,

Brought a 2nd hand dsi running v.1.4.3e it came with an r4i card installed and some games on the r4i sd card.

This didnt come with any instructions and wasnt expecting thr r4i card with it. My questions are how do i put new games on the micro sd and where can i find them and secondly do i need to do anything to the r4i card like update it?

The r4i card is a dual core smart update. Its a white cartridge with black labelling on a silver

Any ideas and advice would be greatly appreciated

TheGaaks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
To put games on the micro sd you basically put the micro sd on your computer and copy the .nds roms into the games folder if it's the original r4 kernel.

There's an firmwere thread on this forum, download the latest one and install it on the sd card. I don't know if r4wood works on r4i but you can try using it, just go to
http://www.r4wood.com/pages/wood-r4-kernel.html

To download roms you can use emuparadise.

PrinceDeviant

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
To put games on the micro sd you basically put the micro sd on your computer and copy the .nds roms into the games folder if it's the original r4 kernel.

There's an firmwere thread on this forum, download the latest one and install it on the sd card. I don't know if r4wood works on r4i but you can try using it, just go to
http://www.r4wood.com/pages/wood-r4-kernel.html

To download roms you can use emuparadise.
Dude seriously that site info for emuparadise has got me going gaga. Am downloading two nds files now...miles edgworth and phoenix Wright. Once i have uncompressed these do i just drag and drop the files onto the sd card or do i need to set up folders and the like?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can anyone explain kernels? Am completely new to downloading games. I know how to get movies and the such. I have used the r4i cart and it has about 40 ds games on there but there all shite. If i buy a new micro sd can anyone advise me on what i need to do to install new games on the card? Does the memory card need to be formatted or suchlike?

Thanks again fellow gbatemp users :)

TheGaaks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Dude seriously that site info for emuparadise has got me going gaga. Am downloading two nds files now...miles edgworth and phoenix Wright. Once i have uncompressed these do i just drag and drop the files onto the sd card or do i need to set up folders and the like?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can anyone explain kernels? Am completely new to downloading games. I know how to get movies and the such. I have used the r4i cart and it has about 40 ds games on there but there all shite. If i buy a new micro sd can anyone advise me on what i need to do to install new games on the card? Does the memory card need to be formatted or suchlike?

Thanks again fellow gbatemp users :)

I can't explain right now but kernels are basically the system, without it the r4 doesnt work.

You need to drop JUST the uncompressed .nds file.

And you don't need a new sd card, simply format the one you have and put the kernel files again and the games you want.

I'll try to explain kernels later, I'm in a hurry right now.

PrinceDeviant

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't explain right now but kernels are basically the system, without it the r4 doesnt work.

You need to drop JUST the uncompressed .nds file.

And you don't need a new sd card, simp
20150618_164338.jpg
ly format the one you have and put the kernel files again and the games you want.

I'll try to explain kernels later, I'm in a hurry right now.
Ok so kernels are basically the operating system allowing the cart to override the ds? I think i got that right.
ok, so i dont want to mess about with the micro sd card that is already working in the card, but if i get another sd, i can apply the kernels to the sd and then just drop the downloaded nds roms onto that sd? I think im cattching up now.

Thanks for help so far everyone

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/AjP7B2QFB9E?si=5qT8Ov9brYiIhoGi