Hacking R4i-B9S 3DS.. Can I play NDS roms with it on my DSi?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It's a DS-mode flashcard which works on 3DS 7.0 and above, meaning it will work on anything

It also has an alternate firmware partition for ntrboot use, which of course doesn't concern a DS, Lite, or DSi

Tigger

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
r4.jpg

according to the pic, if this is your card, then it does say dsi

ZennyG1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It will play NDS roms on my DSi then? Sorry.. I just need to hear a direct answer to that question to feel confident in my purchase..

Tigger

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It will play NDS roms on my DSi then? Sorry.. I just need to hear a direct answer to that question to feel confident in my purchase..

Unless it is a B9s card only, which it is not, it seems it will play NDS roms on the DSi

ZennyG1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks! Anyone know if it's NDS wifi capable? I want to use the online features of my NDS roms.. I'm pretty sure you can do that.. :P

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Anyone know if it's NDS wifi capable?
That's not a property of a DS-mode flashcard, as in, it will not have any effect on whatever network features the software you run with it may or may not have in the first place

You can run roms that were patched with WfcPatcher, sure

ZennyG1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks! :) I'm also wondering now if it will play 3DS roms on a 3DS or if it only plays homebrew games on the 3DS? I read something somewhere that made me wonder. I mostly bught this to play regular NDS games on my DSi but it would be cool if I could use it on my 3DS as well and not just Homebrew games but also 3DS roms!

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks! :) I'm also wondering now if it will play 3DS roms on a 3DS or if it only plays homebrew games on the 3DS? I read something somewhere that made me wonder. I mostly bught this to play regular NDS games on my DSi but it would be cool if I could use it on my 3DS as well and not just Homebrew games but also 3DS roms!
It's a DS card FOR the 3DS and its predecessors, so it only runs DS software

You can use its ntrboot mode to mod your 3DS and therefore run 3DS backups and homebrews, but that's done by the console itself, without further need for this flashcard once you complete the setup procedure (described in Plailect's guide)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: wth